Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Outdoor Retreat

I thought it would be cool to have a different thread per game, stuff, and expansion pack! Let's start in order with Outdoor Retreat. Only gameplay and build/buy, CAS, improvements please, bugs should be fixed without a "refresh."

What would an Outdoor Retreat refresh look like?

My thoughts:
Make Granite Falls livable
Add swimmable areas and canoes
Add group hiking so sims have more group activities in Granite Falls
Add insect spawners to Build/Buy so herbalism can exist outside of Granite Falls
Add "camp" event for kids where they learn skills such as canoeing, painting, herbalism, etc
Add locations to rock climb

Thoughts? Should we make a thread for each pack?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    To add RV's and Hammocks. I pretty much think we could get RVs earlier then we get Cars. I don't know if they'd update the lakes for swimming since Granite Falls is an old world. Maybe I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    LOVE this comment!!! Great suggestions!!!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,956 Member
    I love all your ideas @simopolis . The camp can currently be done using the club system from Get Together or a holiday from Seasons, but agreed that it would be great as a specific to OR feature.

I would love to have ownable retail lots in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    I'm glad you like my ideas!! I also agree with retail lots in Granite Falls! I would love if they did away with destination worlds altogether. I almost feel offended that Selvadorada is not habitable. Like only European-centric places are habitable? Real people live there too! Make it like they did with Sulani and Mt. Komorebi!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,995 Member
    edited August 2021
    I would like Granite falls to be opened up for day/night visits, rather than having to take vacation days. State parks are open to those who don’t care to spend the night. It would also be nice to have a scout camp lot type, and have a gathering there.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    a nice bit of cross pack compatibility would be for scouts (seasons) to be able to have meetings/trips here
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I would like Granite falls to be opened up for day/night visits, rather than having to take vacation days. State sparks are open to those who don’t care to spend the night. It would also be nice to have a scout camp lot type, and have a gathering there.

This could be achieved if we just made it a normal world instead of destination world!! It would function the same still with all lots being rental lots as they are now base game, but would offer so much more in way of gameplay!!!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,143 Member
    I also would so love for Granite Falls to be livable not just Resorts. However, it's possible to turn the Resorts into a Haunted Lot if you have Paranormal.
    I would also love for better outdoor camping activities & a possibility for sims to go hiking & climbing the green mountain in Granite Falls just like in Snowy. Just a thought.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,995 Member
    edited August 2021
    simopolis wrote: »
    I thought it would be cool to have a different thread per game, stuff, and expansion pack!Thoughts? Should we make a thread for each pack?

I think it would have been better to wait and see what the first refresh looks like. Then you'd have some kind of idea of what to expect for future refreshes

I also think maybe one general refresh thread with simmers listing what they'd like to see in specific pack refreshes would have been more practical than 40 separate threads on the front page.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2021
    Livable Granite Falls!! YES. I'd love that so much.

They should also make Selvadorada livable. Like yeah, keep the lots as the rentable lot type like intended, whatever, as long as we're able to change them.... but get rid of destination worlds. They're only restrictive.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 306 Member
    I would like it if, once you have identified a particular plant, that all future plants of that type be identified by name. I find it annoying when an "unidentified plant" turns out to be something you found on an earlier visit!

I'd also like it if insects/plants were easier to find - if there was some kind of aspiration reward like in Sims 3 that lit up plants, rocks or insects. I find them so difficult to find in OR.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    We could have more CAS/BB in the rustic theme since it is very popular - rustic glam. I'd also like more activities. I agree with more swimming, improved hiking and canoeing. I would add kayaking and a rapids area for whitewater rafting. Obviously there's a percentage chance that things could go wrong. Maybe paddle-boarding or tubing as well.

- Real bears, maybe some kind of forest mythical creature that could be triggered for those looking for a risk of being scared, frolicking deer kind of like the rabbits.
    - More activities for different seasons
    - Some kind of challenge or fun that could be added
    - Obviously yes, some might want to live in Granite Falls
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,436 Member
    I would love if they added rock climbing and swimming, where possible. Also picnic blanket so sims could eat sitting on the ground.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,140 Member
    Granite Falls could really benefit from having a swimmable lake with row boats to go fishing in, but that would require a major work over for that world which I feel is bigger than "refreshing".

Making the world livable would be great for more rustic games and I'd love to have that choice. If that's not possible for some reason, I'd love for them to allow bugs to spawn in all worlds. I use a mod for that now, but it'd be great to see it added to the game.

I'd also love to see more pack specific sentiments added to all of the older packs including Outdoor Retreat, as well as more traits and aspirations.
  • Options
    We could have more CAS/BB in the rustic theme since it is very popular - rustic glam. I'd also like more activities. I agree with more swimming, improved hiking and canoeing. I would add kayaking and a rapids area for whitewater rafting. Obviously there's a percentage chance that things could go wrong. Maybe paddle-boarding or tubing as well.

- Real bears, maybe some kind of forest mythical creature that could be triggered for those looking for a risk of being scared, frolicking deer kind of like the rabbits.
    - More activities for different seasons
    - Some kind of challenge or fun that could be added
    - Obviously yes, some might want to live in Granite Falls

Also canoeing needs to have boats more then one sim can share.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Wow, these are all great ideas. I would like to see Granite Falls made into an actual world but I don't know if they will go back and do that. I agree there needs to be more to do. Swimmable water, fishing from boats, some kind of lot challenge would be fun, more activities (similar to the weenie roast), bug spawners in debug mode would be awesome and make Herbalism much more repeatable. I love Granite Falls and wish my Sims could live there.
  • Options
    lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    simopolis wrote: »
    Add insect spawners to Build/Buy so herbalism can exist outside of Granite Falls

I would appreciate this. I barely ever use the herbalism skill because it is too tied up to Granite Falls. Sometimes, I just want my sims to know how to be able to identify strange herbs and turn them into medicine without having to be constantly taking camping trips.
  • Options
    Another idea is if they update the lakes in GF is to add an option for toddlers to sit and wade in the water. That's already a thing in Sulani.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2021
    Swimming and Boating on the Lake
    If it's absolutely impossible to add swimming and boating in Granite Falls without breaking saves :'( , consider this idea: a secret lot accessible
    only via Granite Falls, but not seen on the map. New Secret Lot: Camp Adventure
    Befriend the Ranger, the Hermit or the Bear, and they will give you a special map to a secret location. Click on the map in your inventory and travel to Camp Adventure via loading screen. Here, there is grounds to pitch your own tents, a bathroom and shower, picnic benches and firepits and a kiosk.
    There is a swimmable lake, waterfalls, caves and walls of rocks.

Essentially this could be an area to bring together lots of already existing outdoor activities, as well as being a place where new outdoor activities from future packs could be enjoyed too:

Examples -
    Existing i.e. if the packs are installed: (if they aren't, then the interactive objects will be decorative, adding to the ambiance).
    Island Living: Swim, jetski and boat on the lake. Woohoo in the waterfall.
    Snowy Adventures: Climb the rock, and ski down the grass slopes of the mountain.
    Explore the Caves: Gather 3 other sims or pets to explore, and Surprise! Unexpectedly end up in another part of the sims universe.
    Depending on what packs you have installed it could be: Hidden Grotto, Sylvan Glades, Sixam, the Magic Realm, The Bluffs, Forgotten Hollow,
    the Temples of Salvarado, Snowy Escape Cave entrance, Sulani cave etc and any other future cave entrances. Can also go to the Hermit's Deep
    Forest.
    Biking: Purchase *new* Mountain Bikes for the entire family! Toddlers and kids can go now biking all over Granite Falls, and especially along the new mountain trails at Camp Adventure.
    Post edited by Simalleyaile on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Am I the only one who would rather have the destination worlds remain destination worlds? They are all intentionally remote, and the remoteness is an integral part of the character and the gameplay, not part of a middle class white collar society the main worlds are with Nancy Landgraab walking down the street, plus I'd feel that it would undermine the gameplay, especially Jungle Adventure, which would make the temple as accessible as the Willow Creek Library.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Swimming and Boating on the Lake
    If it's absolutely impossible to add swimming and boating in Granite Falls without breaking saves :'( , consider this idea: a secret lot accessible
    only via Granite Falls, but not seen on the map. New Secret Lot: Camp Adventure
    Befriend the Ranger, the Hermit or the Bear, and they will give you a special map to a secret location. Click on the map in your inventory and travel to Camp Adventure via loading screen. Here, there is grounds to pitch your own tents, a bathroom and shower, picnic benches and firepits and a kiosk.
    There is a swimmable lake, waterfalls, caves and walls of rocks.

Essentially this could be an area to bring together lots of already existing outdoor activities, as well as being a place where new outdoor activities f

Oh, that's smart! And it's a concept that could be used in other worlds, too! Like, add a secret lot to Forgotten Hollow... with the entrance where the currently unusable cave entrance is, could be a creepy, gloomy grotto. Or in Brindleton Bay, when you click on the boat to go to Deadgrass Isle, there could be a second option to go to a hidden island in the bay that has a swimmable beach.
  • Options
    Thetford wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would rather have the destination worlds remain destination worlds?
    No. I'd like them to remain destination worlds also.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    I really wish they would make it so you can invite friends or love interests to camp out and they actually stay the whole time your sim is there.
    I like having sims invite their new friends out to camp so they can work build their friendships and just have fun together.

I would also like to have the ability to have them hike together like sims do in Snowy Escape.

And of course better access to insects for herbalism.
    I have taken to cloning them in my game, so I don't have to schedule bug hunts.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would rather have the destination worlds remain destination worlds?
    No. I'd like them to remain destination worlds also.

I guess I don't understand why. You can now choose "take a vacation" to any other world. So I'm curious what you guys see as the advantage to remaining a destination-only world. Because as far as I can see, opening those worlds up to be residential as well would only add gameplay options, not take them away.

Besides, if you wanted a particular world to still be destination-only, all you would have to do in your game is not have any residential lots and only visit it on vacation. But other people would have the option to add residential lots or travel intermittently to community lots if they wanted. In other words, we would all have more choices if they opened them up.