May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Outdoor Retreat

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited September 2021
    Would like to see hammocks added to that pack for sure. Swimming in a lot of the bigger lakes there or even splashing each other in water at ankle to knee deep.

Think better group hiking much like in Snowy Escape would work so perfectly with the pack.

A Hates the Outdoors trait as well. (Weird they never added it with the Loves the Outdoors)

Maybe a few more activities to do? Maybe flash light tag for night games?

Would also like to see a return for sleeping bags.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,704 Member
    Jackalopes. Where the heck are the jackalopes?
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Activities...
    1. 4x4 Off Roading tours or maybe some mud bogging.
    2. Mountain Biking
    3. Whitewater Rafting
    4. Stand up Paddle Boarding
    5. Conoe Riding
    6. Fly Fishing
    7. Axe Throwing
    8. Archery
    9. Log Rolling Pit

Bigfoot

Aspirations and or Traits...
    Outdoorsman and Lumberjack

Sleeping bags

Make the world travel able without having to vacation.

And definitely have bug spawns so you can add those into other worlds for collecting instead of having to keep going to Granit Falls.

WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    Group activities for sims to do are much needed. Bonfires and horseshoes are not camping exclusive.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Sleeping bags that can be put in inventory and then slept in anywhere (completely zipped up like an arctic sleeping bag). Backpacks with a separate back CAS slot.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,919 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    A Hates the Outdoors trait as well. (Weird they never added it with the Loves the Outdoors)

It's not a direct one-to-one correlation, but Squeamish seems to effectively function as a "hate the outdoors" trait in some ways. I wouldn't mind if they added a more specific Hates the Outdoors trait, but then it might be a good idea for them to update/tweak Squeamish so that it's distinct and still meaningful.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

It's not a direct one-to-one correlation, but Squeamish seems to effectively function as a "hate the outdoors" trait in some ways. I wouldn't mind if they added a more specific Hates the Outdoors trait, but then it might be a good idea for them to update/tweak Squeamish so that it's distinct and still meaningful.

Vampires might have a "hate the outdoors" trait, it would make some sense there, since vamps by definition would not be so squeamish (they drink blood after all and sleep in coffins) but they do not like being out in the sun (duh). So yeah, a "hate the outdoors" trait would be useful.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,462 Member
    I would like them to add wild honey from wild bees.
    Jumping into lake from a rope tied to a tree.
    Hazel nut trees that sims can collect hazel nuts from.
    Beavers and beaver dams.
    Owls and eagles
    Squirrels
    Fire wood gathering and starting fires
    Make a shelter from branches and leaves
    Catch fish without a fishing line, make a snare for rabbits
    Rope ladders and walkways
    Wilderness survival adventure trips
    Tree houses
    Wild forrest animals photography
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Rent your home out. You still live there but you get paid on the days they stay. Or you can invite or family and friends can call you up. "Hey, do you wanna take a trip for a few days?" or "I've been feeling stressed do you mind if I stay at your home for a few days?" It would probably need to be a special lot trait to allow that.

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Would like to see hammocks added to that pack for sure. Swimming in a lot of the bigger lakes there or even splashing each other in water at ankle to knee deep.

Think better group hiking much like in Snowy Escape would work so perfectly with the pack.

yes this so much
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,381 Member
    I too would like for GF to stay a destination. I love GF and have since it was released. It's much easier now to make herbal remedies with LittleMsSam's mod, no bugs for remedies...because it's just ewww.

I love the ideas for activities that goes with camping in the woods. One thing is needed disparately, sleeping bags. How can you go camping without sleeping bags??
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

Love these ideas. I forgot all about sleeping bags. Would love to see them too.
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    No-one :

...add a real bear 🐻
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Chopping trees 🌳 and using them to build log house 🏠
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Thinking in terms of the Spa Day refresh:

In terms of build/buy assets, an old fashioned scout tent would be nice, as well as more rustic furnishings, especiallystuff that has since been added to the base game, such as a bunk bed variant of the rustic log bed, or a new ladder perhaps.

In terms of gameplay, I can't see them going too adventurous, but I could see more woodworking and handicrafts (the woodworking table hasn't had much added to it since base game).

As mentioned before, I'd like to see a Park Ranger career that uses the herbalism, athletic and hardiness skills? Maybe they can stay for free in granite falls as a bonus.

We have aspirations already covered, and there is already the squeamish trait, but another trait they could add is the technophobe trait, especially if they add more off the grid stuff (I still hold out hope for a typewriter to write novels without a computer).

Ability to order herbalism ingredients from the computer maybe?

Lot traits/challenges would be a nice add since they were introduced after OR, but can't think what they could add.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The sleeping bags could be used for vampires if they are the "mummy style" bags that zip all the way up - two styles of sleeping bags would be preferable to just one type.

I miss Clair the Bear (from Sims 1/complete collection) getting into the bee box and having to flee as a swarm chases her. I would like to see something like that in Sims 4 outdoor retreat with the NPC bears. Also, add the wild foxes from Cottage Living to outdoor retreat. (And for heavens sake, fix the wild fox thumbnails!) More styles of ladder would be great, too. I have often found myself dissatisfied with the limited styles of ladders: they ALL look like dock ladders.

Plus, add a new lot type: Treehouse. The treehouse should have some kind of "tree trunk foundation" that actually looks like a tree trunk with thick roots (or round walls with tree bark wallpaper), and a roof that looks like the top of a tree. Multi-types for lots would be perfect here: Residential rental lot or timeshare: a vacation home that can also be used as a rental for selected days (would require the Seasons calendar). Treehouse requirements: Stairs or ladder, living or dining chair, a grill, a picnic table, 5 plants, and a toilet (such as the toilet bushes or public toilets), and an end table. Or, stairs, treetrunk foundation, treetop roof, and tiny house requirements.

Regardless of whether they add the treehouse lot type, at least the tree bark wallpaper and rounded walls should be added, along with support or a cheat for building floors regardless of whether there is a first story/ground floor beneath them.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    I'd like to see more things to do besides camping and hiking. Archery and axe throwing sound good. A typewriter would be perfect for sims who want to write in a cabin in the woods.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    I kind of like that the forest is not too busy, but sims going there often need more to do. In Sulani we got a fishing contest (I think), this could easily be added in GF as well. Perhaps other contests too, like for kids (or anyone) collect 3 different insects between sunrise and sunset. Or frogs. Would be fun if kids could climb trees, not every single tree, perhaps a new tree object could be added. Kids with low motor skills might fall down. Add canning recipes for what is harvested in the forest (elderberry jam is a minimum). Would like there to be small wild animals that can be interacted with somehow. Could the pack somehow be integrated with Scouts activities? Could kids earn themselves a diploma of some kind? Bringing a memory for your bedroom wall would be cool!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    I keep loving these ideas!!! What for aspirations could they add? Perhaps a herbalism specific one? Or a park ranger one? Or maybe a become the hermit one? I so wish they would allow us to visit secret lots from the map and allow us to build on them whatever we want, making “hermit’s home” be a lot challenge where no one walks by.