Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, August 19th

Comments

• Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Base Game suggestions:

1Hardware compatibility: Sims 4 must be updated to the new M1 Processors for Mac, currently being deployed across the whole lineup. Currently incompatibilites are causing overheating issues in CPU (game process reaches +100ºC after just a couple minutes playing with high visual settings (not even ultra), and the temperature is still high with vertical sync enabled.

Sim design: updating townie design is a great step in the right direction. Please bear realistic proportions in mind, as currently sims like Alice Martin (Strangerville) are quite unrealistic (head too big, eyes too big and cartoony, waist too thin...). Make teens a bit smaller than young adults. Include more voice-types to the base game, like Kylo and Ren from Batuu.

Sim traits: certain traits (vegetarian, recycle disciple, etc.) could be moved to Lifestyles, freeing up space for new traits. Would be awesome to do a trait revamp using systems like the 16 Personalities or the Eneagram Personalities. Please make traits have even more impact on sims' lifes, the way you have done with Genius or Bookworm.

Diversity options: 1/ please fix gender options to create realistic trans/ non binary sims, and include gender pronouns. For instance, make female/male clothes fit better other gender's body shapes, and avoid weird shapes at the neck. 2/ Please also add more characteristics to include mental and physical diversity (autism spectrum, blindness, etc.). 3/ Please include more options for other cultures, like Middle Eastern or Native American. 3/ Rework all non-afro base hair styles as well.

Sims relationships: please make hidden relationships and sentiments more visible and impactful in the game. Bromance, Opposites Attract, etc.

Whims and aspirations: please do an overhaul so they can have more impact in the game.

World designs: reduce the chances for sims to visit randomly worlds (Vlad Straud nightvisiting in Evergreen Harbor, Judith Ward on the Magic Realm...). Remove situational outfits, as they are entirely unrealistic and crash the immersion on the game (like in the Magic Realm or San Myshuno. Make NPC jobs selectable in an easier way than through cheats (so we can choose our own restaurant/retail employees and vets first, but also baristas, bartenders, firefighters...).

Gallery: improve sim poses for the gallery (use close-up poses by default). Allow to update your creations with new versions without having to upload them again.

Trailer sims: incorporate all trailer sims on the game, including hidden sims. Or at least upload them to the gallery the day of the game release. Currently we are waiting for sims as impactful as Claire, the main character in Eco Lifestyle, or Cora, from Journey to Batuu.

Feedback for current packs

All packs: include trailer sims by default on the world, even as "Not in World".

Island Living: Rework Mermaid powers in the same way as Vampires. Make festivals and events have more impact in the game.

Cats and Dogs: add sim-pet sentiments, and the other way round. Make pets playable to add depth to the game.

Vampires: Avoid vampires autonomously visiting other worlds. Make sims being scared of vampires attacks/bites.

Realm of Magic: Remove outfit situations. Make spellcasters the only ones visiting autonomously the Realm. Make Sages playable.

Journey to Batuu: Fix the current bug making Batuu citizens all look like humans. Apply masks to the whole body, not faces only. Make Batuu Citizens have the alien trait, with all their powers.

City Living: remove situational outfits for tourist sims. Make apartaments uploadable to the gallery in just one go, without having to remove walls / upload room by romm. This applies to Evergreen Harbor as well.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    What would you expect from it?
    I expect consequences for sims actions. For example if a sim cheats then I want repercussions for that sim, not a five second emotion but something more in-depth. This is made slightly better with the sentiments but its still not enough.
    Though some traits have been updated I have yet to see the effects of these updates. An example would be the non-committed trait, I currently have a sim with this trait and he is yet to show any signs of being anxious of being in a committed relationship and committed job. So I hope these are looked at again as traits play a big part with sims personality and it adds to the challenge factor.
    Is it just me or is making friends and romances just too easy. In previous games a sims mood really effected the chances of making these relationships. In the sims 4 a sim can make friends and romances easily no matter their mood. please make this more challenging.
    By making emotions have a greater effect on sims everyday lives the sim will become more challenging. If an Adult has a midlife crisis I expect that sim to put me through my paces. IF a teen is having a mood swing please make that sim difficult to control.

How would this change your current experience of The Sims 4?
    I enjoy the grind of playing with sims its the main reason for my love of a rags to riches challenge. What I have written above will help me to enjoy sims for longer. Play legacies. And overall play for longer. With the game being easy I get bored and give up but have a desire to play longer like previous games.

What specific aspects of the game would you like to see more depth in?
    Relationships between sims, making friendships and romances but also the addition of better family trees and more family options in CAS would really tip it over the edge. To make a storyline and being to add the options of uncle step-sister etc would make my gaming experience better.
    Consequences I repeat often, and I cant stress it enough. My sims need consequences for skipping school or work, having affairs and being mean. At the moment I find the sims a little to happy for my playstyle.
    I would love to see traits and emotions work together not separate. Too option I have a loner sim being happy in a crowded environment with only a small uncomfortable score on the panel.

• Options
    ToshikiToshiki Posts: 1 New Member
    There was an error rendering this rich post.
  • Options
    AlienmermaidAlienmermaid Posts: 5 New Member
    > [b]Traits update[/b]:
    > Love outdoors Sims being able to show happiness by being outdoors.
    > Jealous trait able in children but in a different sense: children having the exact same moodlets but with their parents or any adult taking care of them instead of partners.
    > Clepto Sims able to steal more things.
    > Each Sim having a mean interaction special by their traits: jealous Sims accusing of cheating, snob Sims of childish or vulgar, bookworm of illiterate, etc.

Dear Sims team, I quote my comment because I´ve found out each new positive and negative interactions I´d want in the Sims 4:

Active + (talk about healthy habits) - (tell someone moves less than a picture)
    Cheerful + (enthuse about the good side of life) - (fall under toxic positivity)
    Creative + (tell Sim to exit the confort zone in their Art) - (accuse of lacking imagination)
    Genius + talk about the brilliance behind in everyday objects - laugh at Sims IQ
    Gloomy + discuss about sense of life (this may cause a Sim being randomly tense, inspired or focused) - accuse of toxic posivity
    Goofball + talk about hillarious sense of life + tell annoying joke - joke about the Watcher (the players)
    Hot- headed +warn about annoying joker - accuse of being a insensitive joker
    Romantic +praise love -tell someone they won´t know what is love
    Self-assured +improve self-esteem -brag
    Unflirty +enthuse about non romantic stuff -complain about romantic behaviour
    Art lover +discuss about new Art movements - accuse of hating Art
    Bookworm +discuss about different author styles -accuse of being illiterate
    Foodie +share healthy culinary recipes -complain of bad cooking. Also, foodies should be able to cook in any Sims house.
    Geek +enthuse about future games (Sims 5? ;)) and comics - tell someone is out of geek comunity
    Maker +talk about projects -complain of lack of hel in their projects
    Music lover +discuss about new music genres -tell someone wouln´t be anyone in the music industry, tell the treble clef is not a snail
    Perfectionist +talk about the care of everyday duties -tell someone is mediocre, point out flaws
    Adventurous + enthuse about adrenaline levels, next trip -complain about routine, ehthuse about avalanche/earthquakes
    Ambitious + enthuse about secrets of success -laugh at lack of ambition
    Animal enthusiast + talk about how pets help Sims - accuse of hating animals
    Cat lover +show a video of cats purring -complain about dogs following cats
    Child of the islands/ocean +chat in native language -accuse of supporting irresponsible tourism
    Childish +talk about toys/ high need of fun - accuse of snobism/ laugh at adult stuff
    Clumsy +talk about last incident -"accidental" stamp, laugh of grace
    Dance machine +discuss about new dances -laugh of clumsy steps
    Dog lovers + tell breathtaking story about a dog -tell heartbreaking story about dogs (to make Sims feel sad), complain about cats scratching dogs
    Erratic + express weird feelings - complain about lack of empathy
    Freegan + talk about saved money -accuse of waste food
    Glutton +talk about big appetite -accuse of being a foodie
    Green Fiend +talk about future sources of energy -accuse of not helping the environment
    Kleptomaniac +talk about gloves, recognize klepto habits -are you calling me a klepto?, you are the klepto!
    Lactose intolerant NO IDEAS
    Lazy +talk about confortable seats, TV, movies and series -laugh at joggers/ hard work
    Loves outdoors +enthuse about free air - complain about indoor Sims (I suggest this trait)
    Materialist +enthuse about wasting money -laught at past year clothing
    Neat +share cleaning tips -accuse of being a slob
    Recicyle disciple NO IDEAS
    Slob +chatting about time saved by not cleaning -accuse of obsession with hygiene.
    Snob +chat about the creme of the creme -accuse of being childish / vulgar
    Squeamish + chat about an ideal safe world -accuse of being a walking fountain of danger
    Vegetarian NO IDEAS
    Bro + tell bro tip/ joke - complain about boring non bro sims
    Evil +tell a Sim what they want to hear, conspire with other evil Sims and maybe make one Sim feel very angry or sad -complain about good people
    Familiar +express the whim of having a large family -accuse of hating children
    Good +offer help, listen problems -accuse of being evil
    Hates children +enthuse about a life without kids -complain about childish jokes
    Insider +enthuse about new club projects, express fear of being alone -complain about feeling excluded
    Jealous +talk about inconditional love -slap possible lover, accuse of cheating. The mean interactions in jealous children would be different: slap child whom mom/dad was talking, accuse (mom/dad) of not loving me as much as before, complain about siblings' love
    Loner +chat about lonely hobbies, express fear of crowns -brag about not requering social interactions, accuse of being too dependant of other Sims
    Mean +chat about Sims conflicts -declare enemy autonomously, be toxic (the other Sim will get an embarassed or tense moodlet)
    Noncommittal +enthuse about freedom -complain about steady jobs/ weddings
    Outgoing: +enthuse about friendship/plans - complain about poor social life
    Paranoid: +talk about never discussed isssues -accuse of being an alien/posessed
    Proper: +Talk about forgotten social rules -tell the Sim is being inapropiate
    Self-absorbed: +talk about schedule, worry about lost of prestige -tell who is the best

Congratulations for your last updates. Sims 4 is improving each day. Thank you!
  • Options
    thenicolegeekthenicolegeek Posts: 1 New Member
    There was an error rendering this rich post. Sul sul, Sims team! I’ve been a Simmer since The Sims first came out all those years ago, and I’m excited to see the level of interaction and transparency that’s been happening lately with the franchise. I feel as though The Sims 4 had a rocky start, but a lot has been done to make the game more enjoyable, interesting, and inclusive. That being said, since I do feel that my thoughts will at least be taken into consideration, I wanted to answer your questions about what I expect from the Base Game in the future. I split what I’d consider improvements into the two categories of challenge and depth.

[i][b]CHALLENGE[/b][/i]
    - [b]chance cards triggered by outside events not directly involving Sims’ actions:[/b] The passive environment should trigger its own chance cards (i.e. during thunderstorms, the possibility for “lightning to hit power lines” chance card and power cannot be restored in household for 24 hrs until the power company fixes it). These could also be trigger points for Sim deaths if an obviously reckless choice is made.
    - [b]romantic relationship overhauls: [/b]An attraction system, whether it’s based on likes/dislikes, hair/eye color and clothing style, traits, or all of the above. Some relationships with high comparability should happen easily, while others with less would take much more high level effort to build. Sims who are cheated on should have much more specific and long lasting reactions to that event (not initiating interactions with the cheating Sim, rejecting interactions, etc), perhaps even triggering a type of cool down (like after a Sim death) where they will not be able to accept incoming flirty behavior even from those they’d normally be very attracted to. Players should have to continue to work on keeping romance levels high or risk a breakup. When it comes to relationships, I want to root for my Sim and genuinely take that journey with them rather than feel like a puppet master.
    - [b]more bad luck:[/b] To “play with life” in a meaningful way, Sims need a bit more strife. Life throws curveballs at me when I least expect them and I want that to happen to my Sims as well. Burglars are a great example of a bit of bad luck befalling a Sim through no fault of their own. Perhaps work chance cards where the boss fires the Sim, or the company shuts its doors, with no “out” option in the chance card. Being forced to restart the same career (with a different company name) or perhaps being forced to choose a new career altogether would be a unique challenge. Even elements like weather could damage outside objects and even build mode items, like breaking a fence tile that would need either repairs with the handiness skill or to be replaced. Whether it’s a mild inconvenience or a life changing obstacle, I want to see my Sims struggle more.

[i][b]DEPTH[/b][/i]
    - [b]traits influence more than just availability of interactions with other Sims and objects:[/b] Things like idle animations, walk styles (maybe even simply adding more would work here), options and animations while interacting with objects should vary more based on traits. All Sims move throughout the world in practically the same way. The clumsy trait is the exception here, and that’s why it’s my favorite - my Sim interacts with their environment differently because of their clumsiness. More traits should incorporate this. Hot-headed Sims could smack the objects they try to fix, Loner Sims lower their head and cross their arms during social interactions to avoid eye contact, etc.
    - [b]major life events matter more:[/b] I’m tempted to recommend bringing back the cut scenes a la The Sims 2, because they really allowed the player to immerse themselves in the significant moments of their Sims’ lives. Household specific mementos would make these events more special as well, weddings could come with a special portrait to hang that features those specific Sims at the altar (like the family portrait, but maybe with a wedding arch in the background).
    - [b]world specific Sims:[/b] each world has a very specific aesthetic, and Sims from that world reflect it quite well. That makes it all the more jarring when Sims from other worlds become “regulars” — if townies could be locked to where they live, and perhaps default to the tourist outfit if they venture off elsewhere, it would help with immersion on community lots.
    - [b]more CAS variety:[/b] This applies to all aspects of CAS, from tattoos to preset relationships to traits. The more that can be added here, the better — especially things we don’t have already but have been brought up in surveys before, i.e. heterochromia, body hair, ability to assign relationships like “cousin” or “grandfather” without needing to make enough Sims to fill the gaps in the family tree. Kits would be great to fill in some of the CAS asset depth, like a tattoos and piercings kit.
    - [b]more variety in chance card scenarios:[/b] Even if some had similar outcomes to current cards, more variety in scenarios would be welcome. I usually know after reading the first few words what the card is and what I will choose.
    - [b]independent actions from townies / other Sims:[/b] Adding interesting quirks to interactions that we can’t control would be interesting. As an example, Sim X sends an invite to the Spice Festival, but upon arrival there’s a notification saying “I hope you don’t mind that I brought Sim Y along!” and now there’s a third person in the group. Townies with kids could show up with them in tow for an impromptu play date. Sims hanging out on our household lot could randomly order a pizza for us when they get hungry. If the lot has a pool, they could come over in their swimsuit specifically asking to go swim. Spontaneous but believable actions that the player has no control over would make these other Sims feel more alive.
    - [b]story progression: [/b]When my sibling Sims grow up, I usually pick one to focus on as far as gameplay. However, I’d love for that sibling to find a partner, adopt a pet, have kids, etc. without my direct intervention. Again, this makes them feel alive to me. I don’t want to — nor do I have time to — constantly swap households and do these things. Imagine not seeing your sister in several Sim “years” but then she visits and is pregnant! This would really keep me playing, because I feel like after 2 generations everything in a neighborhood grows very stagnant.

These are some of the biggest things I can think of, but thank you for letting us interact with you all in this way! If any suggestions were unclear, my username is the same everywhere I go. Thank you for all the improvements you’re continuing to make collectively and the amazing things you’ve done individually! It’s always fun chatting with the Gurus on social media and getting to know more about the process of keeping this franchise fresh. Have a great one!
  • Options
    my_immortal88my_immortal88 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just want to give thanks to the Sims team for giving me us as an opportunity to share our opinions on how to improve the game.

Although I don’t need to do this due to my busy schedules, I am prompted and will spend this a bit of time writing this short essay to write about my own opinion because I would love to do so.

I personally really enjoy playing the game and been playing since the Sims 2 and a bit of the Sims 3. Though I played on and off due to my busy schedules at work and school.

But at this current version of the game, I get to spend time more on playing simply to relax myself , especially I’m a current college student, like facing my real challenges like hard exams and projects. Players want to feel more challenge simply to improve their mental skills and increase their flows??? Hey, that’s what I’ve learned in my Psychology class regards to the video gaming. Anyway, whatever the future holds and see what happens.

My day is so incomplete without playing even there are little bit flaws of the gameplay as players’ mention on their posts that lead me to share mines in the next several paragraphs.

It totally breaks my heart as I skim and read other players’ posts regarding their perspectives about lacking of in-depth and how much they crave to add more challenges in the game. And here are opinions about mine:

Although I am already content on how I play on my own and already been challenged on how to work on certain of aspirations like foraging wild plants in Cottage Living EP and finding unidentified plants in Outdoor Retreat GP,

If someone asks what challenges or other things do I want to spice up my game to enjoy playing, I will say NPC Story Progression and I think that’s what the game is missing. Simple as that and I know other players already mentioned that in their own posts.

You can always choose pre-made or existing households do you desire to play while playing your own created sims, but not all of them in order to prevent being control freaks on how players’ play.

In addition, perhaps whims system must be enhanced to make the gameplay, desired skills of sims based on likes and dislikes, and established relationships with sims to make it more meaningful and enjoyable.

I like how the emotions system was added of this version of the game to make it meaningful and more challenging on how to make friends and finding romances with other sims. For example, I didn’t get a chance to improve friendship with my desired target sim simply his emotion was angry and been rejected to ask that sim to be my boyfriend simply there were other sims involve in a group conversation and ended up Awkward Encounter. I realize emotion matters when you want to improve your relationships with other sims.

Anyway, I hope you take a little bit of time to share my own perspective and others’ posts as well. Whatever the breakthroughs may come, I’ll stick around and enjoy playing until I walk out if the game wants to make it harder.
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I enjoy a challenge in the game, and realism. Beginning the legacy challenge is one of my favorite ways to play the game (Sims 2, 3, or 4) because in the beginning of the challenge, it truly is a challenge, and my Sims have to struggle.

I like options! Options are great, like options to make the game more challenging! I can picture a difficulty setting that makes the game harder by decreasing the salary that Sims receive, increasing chance of negative events. More negative events in general - burglars, satellites hitting Sims, death happening more easily. I would enjoy the game more and be more engaged because I would have to work harder for my Sims to succeed, while right now it seems that it's hard for them to fail.
  • Options
    radeuradeu Posts: 1 New Member
    First off, I want to say that I appreciate the team openly asking for and accepting feedback like this.
    I think that allowing criticism and asking for direction from the playerbase really improves my view on The Sims 4 as a game, one that until now, I had been viewing in a more negative light.

Some background on myself, I am an avid sims player and have considered myself part of the community for about 10 years now. when I was 9, The Sims 3 came out and the moment I played it, I wanted to watch videos, download content and buy packs. As for The Sims 4? It was, of course, one of the most anticipated releases ever, to me, and I bought it the morning it dropped. Unfortunately, playing The Sims 4 didn't inspire the same sense of wonder in me (Which can be chalked up to the... rough release) and I took a "hiatus" to instead revisit The Sims 2, A game I had no prior experience with. As many people before me have said, The Sims 2 is truly the benchmark for sims that feel full of personality and autonomy, despite having less "frills" or "intelligence" as The Sims 4 sims. A couple of years ago, ready to revisit TS4, I returned to the game and was actually pretty glad to see the direction it was taking, graphics had improved, the club and lifestyles along with the calendar/holiday systems were much needed additions to gameplay, and I was excited to see the trajectory the game would continue to take.

I feel like most of the important feedback has already been given on the changes that would benefit the depth of the gameplay in The Sims 4, but I wanted to highlight the specific reasons I feel that sims just worked in games prior. As someone with quite a perfectionist mindset, where I like to be able to micro-manage my sims, it could be assumed that I would want full control over the trajectory of their life and the gameplay, but I find that is definitely not the case when I look at my playstyle when playing The Sims 2 and 3. My most-used gameplay feature in past games were the whims and hobbies systems, being able to see what my sims actually wanted to do based on their traits and personality made them feel more unique and gave me a good direction to lead my gameplay. The whims system is already implemented into The Sims 4, but it seems to have been forgotten, with no recent updates/overhauls/expansions to it based on new emotions/traits/packs.

I think that The Sims 4 has the potential to remedy the fact sims themselves feel like they have no true wants by expanding on the whims system, to factor in the current emotion, traits, relationships, and aspiration of sims. As an example of this, imagine for a moment I have a sim who is a foodie, with a new girlfriend who just moved in, and they're bored. any combination of these three factors would be a good catalyst for a whim/want to "cook together" with their partner, because as a foodie sim it'd allow them to have fun, or as a way to improve the relationship they have with their girlfriend.

As for a few things I feel like just need a few general improvements or tweaks, the new likes/dislikes system and lifestyle system are pretty good gameplay additions in my opinion, I like that my sim can enjoy gardening as a "hobby" or be the type of person who misses being at work when they're not there. That being said I think that The Sims 4 suffers unfortunately from an "information overload" in a way, due to the sheer number of different gameplay systems and personality "improvements" that feel almost as if they have been haphazardly stacked upon one another instead of combined in a way that makes them work well in tandem with one another. I am not too familiar with the game development process but I feel like remedying the fact a lot of the game feels like it is disconnected with it's own expansions is a big task to fix, but, as an end goal, before The Sims 4 reaches the end of it's development, I feel like it is extremely important that this is addressed. For things like emotions to feel as though they play off of lifestyles, and lifestyles feel like they effect likes and dislikes, and that the holidays can mesh well together with festivals, and that the entire gameplay and personality systems that exist will finally feel cohesive together, instead of being their own separate and disconnected pieces of the puzzle that is TS4.
  • Options
    Jessicasimmer99Jessicasimmer99 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey, first of all i would like to thank the sims team for making this amazing game that gives me a lot of happiness and i am so happy to see it get better constantly. I think the game got so much better in the last year because of the monthly updates and i love that you are so open to our feedback and take our thoughts in consideration.

I love the sims 4 but i think it can get way better than what it currently is, it needs to be more challenging to have more depth, i will proceed to describe somethings that i think would add a lot of challenge and depth to the game.

- I would love to see burglars in the game, i think it would be so challenging to have my sims house's robbed and to have my sim's trying to fight or they being caught by the police. I think they could be added as a lot challenge, and we could have 3 different challenges, like one where you don't have any burglars, one with a few and one with a lot of them.

- I think the police would also be very good to add depth and challenge to the game, especially if they come with the burglars.

- I really want to see more realtionship status added to CAS, because it would add so much depth to the game to be able to start with a boyfriend and girlfriend moving in, or with a newly enganged couple. It would be so cool and would add a lot more of realism.

- I also really would like to have more depth in the family trees, because currently they don't cover distant family and i think that by having it the game would be more realistic and more appropriate, because i don't want my sims dating their distant family when im not playing with them.

- One thing that i feel like would add a lot of challenge and depth would be lifetime aspirations, i would like them to be simillar to the sims 3 aspirations, in the way that our sims could only have one in their lifetime and that they are related to their work aspirations, skills or collections. I think it would be very challenging to try to complete all of these aspirations and it would add so much depth because i could have a sim that wants to be a lawyer since they are a teen and i can make them work for it.

- Another thing i would love is for us to get different clothes for teens and elders, this is because if i don't change my sims outfits they will have the same clothes since they were teens when they are elders. I think these 2 lifestates could share some clothes with the young adult and adult but needed to have some only just for them, and because of that when they age up they would get randomized outfits and i would feel like i needed to go change them. I think this would be amazing and would totally improve the legacies gameplay and add a lot of depth because you could have rebel teenagers and cute old grandmas.

- I would love to have floor plans in the sims 4, im not the best builder and i struggle mostly with the display and the size of the rooms and i think it would be great to have these floor plans that had different homes and rooms so i could follow them and have really nice houses. It would also be challenging because if we could add our own floor plans to the gallery, we could have a new type of building challenges and improve our building skills.

- I would also like to have autoroofs, most of my sims house's don't have a roof because it's way too hard to get them to look nice if you are not an amazing builder. And this would make it so much easier and fun for players that usually don't build that much.

- I really need the sims to be more challenging in the matter of money, i play a lot with my legacies families and i hate that when they have a lot of money it is pretty much impossible for them to lose it all. I really want my sims to be able to buy these expensive things and spend half or all their money on it. A thing that i think would make my sims spend a lot of money, would be cars, we could have cheap, medium, expensive and crazy expensive cars and i would literally cry if i would be able to spend thousands of simoleons on a bunch of cars for my families.

- Continuing with the topic of cars, i think they could also add a lot of depth to the game because parents could teach their teens how to ride a car, they could have a driving test, the sims could fix their cars when they broke and it would add so much realism and would be so amazing.

- Another thing that would add depth is if we could have open neighborhoods, this would be very cool because our sims could go on their bike to their friends house and would make the game more realistic.

- I love the sims 4 cas, it's the best one and i probably spend too many hours there but one thing that i really miss there is nails, they would add a lot of depth and realism and i just really want my sassy sims with their red nails and my rebel teens with their black and it would be just so cool.

- The other thing i really want in cas is to have better eyelashes, in better i mean more realistic, because the current ones just feel too much cartoony and it would add a bit of depth to the game.

- Babies could also add a lot more of depth and challenge, because if we had like nursery items, like a tiny bathtub, a diaper table and stuff, our sims would need to spend more time with their babies and it would be very cute. Also if we could change their clothes and maybe teach them a few words and how to crawl, would add an incredible level of depth to the game.

- I would also love for the fires to be more extreme, like i grew up seeing these memes of the sims house's just being completly burned out and in the sims 4 the fires are too small, sometimes all i want is for my sims house to burn and for them to buy everything again. It would be also very challenging if this happened to a poor sims family and very funny.

- I kinda would like to have more random deaths, like sims getting hit by meteor or something like it. Just something random that we can't predict and would completly change our game.

- I loved the dislikes and likes updates, but i feel they could be upgraded to be more challenging and have more depth. For example, i think vegetarian and lactose intolerant shouldn't be a trait but a food preference, and that we could have as well vegan and gluten intolerant. Also an attraction systems, made with what our sims like would be very challenging when we are trying to find a partner to our sim.

- I think that we also need more traits, to add more depth to the game, we need to have at least one more trait slot so we can have more complex sims and a bigger variety of traits to choose from.

- One thing that we really need is to get a pop up when our sims stop painting, we get them for knitting and cross stiching but we really need it for painting and it's a simple thing but would make my game so much better and i could enjoy painting way more.

- Kids need to be able to paint, this would add so much depth to the game and it would be so cute to see them paint and they currently can't do that much in the game and i feel like they could be so much better and have a lot more depth.

- I also think that it would add depth for kids to be able to cook in a mini oven or kids oven, just a few recipes nothing that big, but it would add a lot of depth.

Sorry for this being so big but i love the sims so much and i want it to be the best and this is all i remember now, maybe i will come back latter but thank you for listening to my feedback. I hope you have a nice day!!!
  • Options
    GoblincoreGoblincore Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi, I'm Goblin! Thanks for hearing out our feedback/suggestions!

For me, a lot of the lack of depth&challenge of the game boils down to three factors: sim relationships, random events and what I call the set-up stage (the process of making a sim/family and establishing their relationships, personality, etc). With that in mind:

Sim relationships:
    • Right now, sims relationships are a two-way street, and I find that it kills a lot of the challenge within the socialization aspect of the game. If sims had individual relationship meters, players would have to work harder/smarter to develop a relationship in the direction they wanted. For example: one sim could have a crush, but the crush could actually dislike this sim. For our sim to get together with their crush, we would need to overcome that feeling of dislike first. I feel like there is a lot of potential for sentiments to tie into this mechanic as well: Say you want two sims to become nemesis. If Sim1 hated Sim2 and had a grudge sentiment against them, but Sim2 was indifferent towards Sim1, we'd have to make an effort for the feeling of animosity to be reciprocated. I feel like the possibility of sims feeling different ways about each other could lead to a lot of unforeseen, interesting scenarios, which is something I miss in the current game.
    • I think two-way relationships would allow for the implementation of some sort of chemistry system. It could be based off of a mix of a sim's physical attributes, their personalities and likes/dislikes, for example. A chemistry/compatibility system would also add some challenge when looking for a partner or friends for a sim, and it would make sims feel more unique, since not everyone will want to be friends/partners with a specific sim. It would be nice if the game was updated to make things like a sim being married/noncomittal/etc more impactful when it comes to trying to seduce them, as well.
    • Speaking of relationships, it would be great to let us establish a sim as some other sim's step-[family member] and have them become a part of the family tree. This would improve the levels of complexity of family gameplay and would avoid uncomfortable situations like grown-up sims autonomously trying to flirt with their step-family.
    • A memory system would absolutely multiply the depth of the game and could tie in with the sentiment mechanic too. It could allow us to check the history of a sim up until we've taken control of them, and it could display which memory caused a certain sentiment to arise. If this system was implemented, and if all pre-existing sims were updated with relevant memories/sentiments and relationships to other sims both in- and outside their household, it would breathe new life into the game. All inhabited worlds would feel more interconnected and socially cohesive. The Sims 2 provided a robust memory system, but I would like to see it improved and expanded upon in whatever way is fitting for The Sims 4.
    • Social autonomy could be improved as well, and it would be positive for the depth of the game. Sims with awful relationships don't argue/fight enough autonomously, and neither do sims in relationships choose enough flirty interactions. It feels like only a very small range of interactions takes place without the input of the player.
    • Announcing milestones to other sims would improve the general feeling of depth and immersion within the game: The option to announce a pregnancy is very gratifying, especially since it can have different outcomes. I would like for sims to be able to announce more things to other sims, like the start of a relationship, a death, a promotion, good grades in school... It would help to make all sims within a sim's social circle more included in their life.
    • Something that really breaks my suspension of disbelief is the sims' lack of reaction towards the choice of company of other sims close to them. Parents don't get upset when their child is dating somebody with an awful reputation or that they hate. Children don't get angry if their parent chooses to date someone they dislike. Sims feel very isolated in their own experiences and like those around them do not participate in them in any way. No man is an island, but sims might as well be.

Events
    • Implementing more random events with different possible outcomes would do a world of good, since it's not easy to predict which outcome we'll get. Especially chance card with more significant consequences would be welcome. The potential for more negative outcomes would make things more interesting.
    • Adding goals to certain existing events could be very interesting too. For example, the Welcome Wagon could have as a goal to get on with your new neighbors and get to know them, and failing to do so could set you back in your relationship with them, or harm your reputation. An option to skip the event altogether would probably be enough for those players who don't like the added challenge.
    • I would also like to mention not a random event as much as random occurrences that take place outside of the player's control. In The Sims 2, a wall-mounted TV had a very small chance of falling off and breaking. Small occurences and details that have the potential to happen in the world around our sims help make it feel alive and add layers of depth to it. Generally, introducing more random, chaotic events that the player doesn't have as much control over would bring back some of the very entertaining wackyness we all enjoy. Not all of them need to lead to death --e.g. the vending machine or murphy bed chance of death, but those are good examples of wacky thing with a low chance of happening.

The "Set-Up stage"
    I gave this name to the process of creating a household, establishing their likes/dislikes, personality, etc, but I (and many other players) like to go above and beyond for this stage. I have to do a lot of this work via mods, because the game doesn't currently allow players to pre-select things like a sim's career and career level, previous education, skills, funds, reputation, fame level, relationships outside of their household, before jumping into live mode.
    • Hence: the ability to pre-select all these things before even placing a household into the world would help give every household we create a very distinct identity and different hurdles to overcome. This all directly translates into more depth for our sims and our gameplay, and more challenge if we wish to do so.
    • Additionally, being able to assign a sim as another pre-existing sim's relative in CAS would be very helpful for everyone who'd like to improve their experience playing with big families across several households.
    • EDIT to add that, as part of this setup stage, the ability to assign NPC jobs to homeless randomly-generated sims would do a world of good and could help players to create their own lore!

One point I can't fit anywhere but that makes the game feel shallow is the fact that all sims are allowed to appear in all worlds. It snaps me right out of the simulation to see Judith Ward, or Malcom Landgraab, or the same few randomly-generated townies, everywhere at any given time. Restricting the worlds that sims are allowed to autonomously spawn in would improve the experience of players who, like me, enjoy traveling to multiple different locations.

Those are my main thoughts for the type of feedback you guys requested. I hope they're helpful!
    Post edited by Goblincore on
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2021
    Let us know what a higher level of challenge and depth in the Base Game would look like for you.

• To me this would come down to more options in exploring, relationships, and personalities.

Make it more enjoyable. Make it more 'replayable' when I can explore the depth of different sims more fully.

• Let me enter and swim through water anywhere.
    • More likes/dislikes. This system should cover most activities / weather / dialog options (friendly/romance/etc) / traits and so on.
    • Integrate EP/Pack/Kit features in more when those items are owned. Like Bust the Dust puts dust in any home, but 'realm of magic' only puts 'motes' in it's own special zone.
    • A built in ability to 'randomize townies' - that I can run at leisure, AND/OR that is offered anytime I add new official content and/or new mods. Essentially letting me either pick a series of townies, or all townies, or something - and randomize parts of their appearance / traits / or whatever. Why is this depth? Because a lot of new features in CAS come in with each expansion / pack / kit but then are only seen in the premades of those EP/Packs/Kits and in new townies added after - unless one manually edits old townies. In other words... this is a request for a way to 'integrate in new content' with older content.
    • A much wider list of places I can 'unlock editing' in. Like for example the different floating island in Realm of Magic. And a lot of random places around the worlds. Some of them end up looking dated when you have new content that can't be put in them, or just desire to spice them up.
    • Ability to control what kinds of townies can be randomly made. Age and Occult mostly, but I could see wanting other filters as well. I spend a large portion of my playtime culling the lists of random townies, editing, removing, adding...
    • Ability to flag townies to not leave or not enter certain worlds. I would like to segment off townies that were made for some 'highly themed' regions from entering other areas. It's a bit odd when I get someone from the Island Living EP who I expect to see on a warm sunny beach, walking by dressed for that beach, in the snowy mountains... or when a vampire shows up on the beach...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    JudithxthesimsJudithxthesims Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the suggestions i read from other simmers! celipoesias had the best economy system ever and I loved the suggestions with the loan system and burglars of jackofallgames07. I will focus more on the relationships of the sims in my suggestions.

I would love for sims to have one sided relationships. I want my sim to have a crush on someone but get rejected because the other sim hates them. I want my husband lose interest because I keep being rude to my kids while i still love him the most. I don't even need to immediately know how other sims feel about my sim, you don't know that in real life either. Maybe my best friend secretly hates me.

An attraction system would also be amazing. I love this one sim, but I'm not his type at all so he rejects me. I ask this sim out, but unfortunately for my sim she's gay. Things like that would be amazing. Include what gender sims like, turn ons and turnoffs and physical appearance.

Sims should like/dislike other sims based on what they like in other sims. If a family oriented sim meets a sim who hates kids, they won't want to get a romantic relationship. Traits should have a say in this.

I also think npc's should be more unique and initiative. I want them to propose to me instead of me always to them. I want another sim to get into a fight or ask me to go to the pool in an hour. This adds so much more opportunities, we can choose if we want to engage with those activities or not by popups. Proposal? Yes I do! / Not yet / ew no. Breakup? I've been feeling the same way / throw a fight / beg to stay / fix the problem. These are examples and this would make me enjoy the sims so much more!

One last thing is that I would like more events/things to do for sims. Here I am, 2 parents and their toddler and kid. The sun is out and there's no work or school. But what's there to do together? Pretty much nothing, especially with toddlers. Also funerals, honeymoons or sleepovers would be really nice. I've seen other types of events as well on here that are also great!

Especially the one sided relationships are a must for me. Sims do not have to feel the same way about each other and my sim doesn't have to initiate everything. Imagine seeing 2 npc's randomly proposing to each other or seeing that the woohoo bush is occupied... this would make the game a 100 times better already! I think the thing that most players miss are things that can happen unexpectedly. Something so that we are not our sims' gods.
  • Options
    Bergstrand90Bergstrand90 Posts: 12 New Member
    Let me just start by saying that I really, really appreciate these threads, the 411 streams and the laundry lists for bugs! They are all proof of your dedication to the game and this community.

Now for the question at hand - challenge & depth in the Base Game.

> I know this has been said over and over again in this thread but I think it might be the single best thing that could be implemented to achieve a sense of both challenge & depth: the return of wants and fears. Wants and fears that are based on traits, aspiration, skills, likes & dislikes, relationships, age, special events etc. Fulfilment of these wants and fears that also impact how our sims feel and behave, both long term and short term. This was beautifully executed in The Sims 2. Wants and fears that are a mix of small and big things and that re-roll each day or at given intervalls if not locked. They inspire the player to go in different directions while playing, both "good and bad". Personally I always felt that the wants and fears gave me a sense of getting to know my sim better and also that they could inspire me to play in a way I wouldn't have thought to do.

> Attraction system. With the introduction of likes and dislikes this should be not too far away, crossing fingers! Again, this was great in The Sims 2. Especially as a way to get some guidance to who my sim liked the most. I didn't always agree with them and sometimes I let them have their way and sometimes I'd steer them away and tell them that they just didn't understand what would be good for them. It would be cool if two sims with mutual high attraction autonomously would flirt and so on. This would also be a way to bring a sense of story progression for townies since they also could flirt with other townies.

> Build/Buy pricing. The build/buy catalog prices are all over the place and mostly on the cheaper side. To make things more challenging in the long run I think it would be good to go over and set prices so they make more sense overall. Having nothing to spend money on after just 1 generation of playing is just quite boring.

> Chatting animations + Thought- and speech bubbles! This one I haven't seen mentioned as much and I think this could be really game changing for the sense of immersion and depth. When sims are having conversations I often feel like the animations don't line up with their actual interactions. When I tell my sim to ask a question I would expect my sim to look like they were asking something and then the sim that answer would do an animation that look like they're answering a question. The cherry on top would be if both the question and the answer were accompanied by corresponding speech bubbles. If my sim is asking about relationship status the speech bubble could be a heart with a question mark and the answering sim's speech bubble could be a set of rings or an icon that represents "single and loving it" etc. If my sims are talking about their interests I'd like to see icons representing their interests over their heads. That way I don't have to break my immersion by looking at a pop-up window and read text, instead I can read their interest from watching my sims interact.

Thank you for reading!
  • Options
    hannahmjhannahmj Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am a Belgian player and love the sims 4 full heartedly.
    (sorry for the bad English I am trying my best and thought it might be insightful that a person from Belgium who might have a different take on things is able to share their opion)

1) Health and the legal system.

I think it would ad a lot of depth in the game thatwhen your sims are feeling sick you have to go to the hospital from Get To Work and the doctors would prescribe the medication and do a check-up (like the animals in Cats and Dogs). People being arrested after stealing something (cleptomaniac trait) and having to go to jail for the night ( a rabit hole) would add so much depth as well.

2) Relationships and attractions.

The depth an attraction based system would bring would be so so fun. This does not have to be about with physical looks as this might make the CAS proces too complicated (the likes and dislike are veeery fun but adding even more things might discourage the process of making new sims), but a preferred gender and maybe one trait you can select would add so much.

3) Random events.

I think a sim you do not play with proposing to your sim when you are in a relationship and you being able to select your answer would leave a lot of room for story telling. A random sim hitting on you in the bar or maybe proposing a woohoo as well. I always love it when I get the carreer pop-ups that fire you or give you the option to quit and would love it to see this concept be more inplemented.

4) Random generated townies or Judith Ward. :smiley:

Something that always interrupts me from my gameplay is random generated townies or npc's walking around in neighbourhoods they are not supposed to be in. This might not be as big of a problem for people in the US because most of the worlds have to represent an area in America, but because I play my game in Dutch I constantly see random townies walking around with very typical Dutch names. As I live in Belgium these names from the Netherlands are very weird to begin with but seeing them in those worlds realy annoys me. A solution I would suggest for this is selecting names for random generated townies in this world for every player around the world.

5) Appreciation for the game.

I just want to take some time to appreciate the hard working people that even after so many years still listen to this (partially very toxic) community and try to improve the game. I am having a lot of fun with the new tools added in the game included platforms the new hair colors etc. A very big thank you :blush:
  • Options
    Jessicasimmer99Jessicasimmer99 Posts: 11 New Member
    One more thing i think would add a lot of depth is for our sims to be able to read in their beds, this is such a cute feature and we already have the relax one, and i think it could be upgraded for reading.

Also being able to make beds would add depth to the game, it would be very realistic because we could have teens never making theirs and other sims would make them as soon as they wake up. It would also make cleaning the house more challenging.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I think the biggest issue for me with the current gameplay is money. When I start a new family, they have to struggle AND IT’S GOOD! I like that they are running around after three kids, in college, and doing freelance writing gigs to pay the bills! It’s fun and challenging.

But even by the second generation, they are too rich. The kids are spoiled! They don’t ever NEED to work, so it makes it a bit more boring. There’s no frantic need to fit in an odd job before the power gets turned off. They can sit by the pool all day long! And sometimes that might be what I want, but not all the time, so I end up either taking away all their money with cheats or starting a new family.

I want money to work differently. Give me less of it. Throw in more ways to lose it. Maybe I get a tax audit? Or let me save up for luxury goods. What do I do if I have 2m in Simoleons sitting there and my house is already a palace? I just have to let the money build up until it reaches the max and then ignore it. I tried putting it in a vault, but then what?

Basically, please either stop my money building up, take it away, or give me super luxury items! I think it is really harming generational play because jobs and money making hobbies become redundant.

PS Allowing money transfers when Sims move was AMAZING, and made a massive difference for rotational play e.g. kids move out with a starting gift from parents. Was really silly when rich kids started with 20k, lol!
  • Options
    AlienmermaidAlienmermaid Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Alienmermaid said:

CAS
    - Grid in face and bodies
    - Create a style or at least a colour wheel to clothes and hair

Build mode
    - Curved and crystal walls
    -Create a style or at least a colour wheel to clothes and hair

Pack ideas
    -Works that take more than a day like a fisher
    -Improved aliens and mermaids features like in celebrities, vampires and witches

Household
    -Rabbit holes to waste money in casinos, cinemas, spas, restaurants, etc... and make other Sims in the household be angry if they spend too much
    -Chance of rent a new house after the CAS
    -Chance of having non controlled housemates like in Sims 3 University. They can dirty and not clean, broke stuff, woohoo in your Sims bed, etc.

Opportunities
    -I would like my Sims could do overtime, bring a painting to the office, boost their Charisma with a good frienship, etc.

Work
    -Make Sims being rejected to have a job because another Sim got it before or they failed the interview
    -Random NPC as workmates my Sims can cheat their or fight. It would be great their partners would bring a gift to work and have a nasty surprise.
    -Traits affecting perfomance. Lazy Sims could be caught sleeping, romantic flirting, mean insulting workmates or the boss, etc. Good Sims being fired in the criminal or evil branch of secret agent career.
    -Know the Sim who is bulling mines at school or work

>
    > > [b]Traits update[/b]:
    > > Love outdoors Sims being able to show happiness by being outdoors.
    > > Jealous trait able in children but in a different sense: children having the exact same moodlets but with their parents or any adult taking care of them instead of partners.
    > > Clepto Sims able to steal more things.
    > > Each Sim having a mean interaction special by their traits: jealous Sims accusing of cheating, snob Sims of childish or vulgar, bookworm of illiterate, etc.
    >
    I´ve found out each new positive and negative interactions I´d want in the Sims 4:
    >
    > Active + (talk about healthy habits) - (tell someone moves less than a picture)
    > Cheerful + (enthuse about the good side of life) - (fall under toxic positivity)
    > Creative + (tell Sim to exit the confort zone in their Art) - (accuse of lacking imagination)
    > Genius + talk about the brilliance behind in everyday objects - laugh at Sims IQ
    > Gloomy + discuss about sense of life (this may cause a Sim being randomly tense, inspired or focused) - accuse of toxic posivity
    > Goofball + talk about hillarious sense of life + tell annoying joke - joke about the Watcher (the players)
    > Hot- headed +warn about annoying joker - accuse of being a insensitive joker
    > Romantic +praise love -tell someone they won´t know what is love
    > Self-assured +improve self-esteem -brag
    > Unflirty +enthuse about non romantic stuff -complain about romantic behaviour
    > Art lover +discuss about new Art movements - accuse of hating Art
    > Bookworm +discuss about different author styles -accuse of being illiterate
    > Foodie +share healthy culinary recipes -complain of bad cooking. Also, foodies should be able to cook in any Sims house.
    > Geek +enthuse about future games (Sims 5? ;)) and comics - tell someone is out of geek comunity
    > Maker +talk about projects -complain of lack of hel in their projects
    > Music lover +discuss about new music genres -tell someone wouln´t be anyone in the music industry, tell the treble clef is not a snail
    > Perfectionist +talk about the care of everyday duties -tell someone is mediocre, point out flaws
    > Adventurous + enthuse about adrenaline levels, next trip -complain about routine, ehthuse about avalanche/earthquakes
    > Ambitious + enthuse about secrets of success -laugh at lack of ambition
    > Animal enthusiast + talk about how pets help Sims - accuse of hating animals
    > Cat lover +show a video of cats purring -complain about dogs following cats
    > Child of the islands/ocean +chat in native language -accuse of supporting irresponsible tourism
    > Childish +talk about toys/ high need of fun - accuse of snobism/ laugh at adult stuff
    > Clumsy +talk about last incident -"accidental" stamp, laugh of grace
    > Dance machine +discuss about new dances -laugh of clumsy steps
    > Dog lovers + tell breathtaking story about a dog -tell heartbreaking story about dogs (to make Sims feel sad), complain about cats scratching dogs
    > Erratic + express weird feelings - complain about lack of empathy
    > Freegan + talk about saved money -accuse of waste food
    > Glutton +talk about big appetite -accuse of being a foodie
    > Green Fiend +talk about future sources of energy -accuse of not helping the environment
    > Kleptomaniac +talk about gloves, recognize klepto habits -are you calling me a klepto?, you are the klepto!
    > Lactose intolerant NO IDEAS
    > Lazy +talk about confortable seats, TV, movies and series -laugh at joggers/ hard work
    > Loves outdoors +enthuse about free air - complain about indoor Sims (I suggest this trait)
    > Materialist +enthuse about wasting money -laught at past year clothing
    > Neat +share cleaning tips -accuse of being a slob
    > Recicyle disciple NO IDEAS
    > Slob +chatting about time saved by not cleaning -accuse of obsession with hygiene.
    > Snob +chat about the creme of the creme -accuse of being childish / vulgar
    > Squeamish + chat about an ideal safe world -accuse of being a walking fountain of danger
    > Vegetarian NO IDEAS
    > Bro + tell bro tip/ joke - complain about boring non bro sims
    > Evil +tell a Sim what they want to hear, conspire with other evil Sims and maybe make one Sim feel very angry or sad -complain about good people
    > Familiar +express the whim of having a large family -accuse of hating children
    > Good +offer help, listen problems -accuse of being evil
    > Hates children +enthuse about a life without kids -complain about childish jokes
    > Insider +enthuse about new club projects, express fear of being alone -complain about feeling excluded
    > Jealous +talk about inconditional love -slap possible lover, accuse of cheating. The mean interactions in jealous children would be different: slap child whom mom/dad was talking, accuse (mom/dad) of not loving me as much as before, complain about siblings' love
    > Loner +chat about lonely hobbies, express fear of crowns -brag about not requering social interactions, accuse of being too dependant of other Sims
    > Mean +chat about Sims conflicts -declare enemy autonomously, be toxic (the other Sim will get an embarassed or tense moodlet)
    > Noncommittal +enthuse about freedom -complain about steady jobs/ weddings
    > Outgoing: +enthuse about friendship/plans - complain about poor social life
    > Paranoid: +talk about never discussed isssues -accuse of being an alien/posessed
    > Proper: +Talk about forgotten social rules -tell the Sim is being inapropiate
    > Self-absorbed: +talk about schedule, worry about lost of prestige -tell who is the best
    >
    >
    > Congratulations for your last updates. Sims 4 is improving each day. Thank you!
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • Options
    SqueamishNerdSqueamishNerd Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks for this opportunity!

I'm going to separate my answers for challenges and depth, since I think they aren't quite the same thing.

Let's start with challenges.

I would expect to see more settings, both lot settings and overall save-file settings. We have come a long way, with for example the lot challenges being a very resent addition in the exact right direction! What I would expect is more things like that, i.e. more lot challenges, for example maybe burglars, maybe skunks, maybe lots being more prone to fires, and there are a lot of possibilities with certain packs (for example it would be nice with a lot challenge where vampire break in often) etc, and I would also expect more general settings, for example like how the weather settings work in Seasons and Snowy Escape. So, I'm thinking save-file settings for things like how hard it is to be promoted in careers, how hard it is to get pregnant, and even setting for how common it is for sims to visit you, anything that can have a setting really. I would love to see settings like these having several steps, for example easy, moderate, hard, and extreme.

I also think this should be looked into for certain packs, for example it's way to easy to become a high-ranked spellcaster in Realm of Magic (the teleport spell shouldn't give any XP at all), and Bust the Dust still feels broken (Why isn't there a "clean" state in-between "pristine" and "dusty"? Why do sims (especially those who don't wear shoes indoors) have to vacuum more than once a week?)

It would be a lot of fun to be able to make different save files and different lots very different to play, for example I can play with everything on easy and just chill, or I could turn everything up to extreme and turn on all lot challenges and it's like a completely different game!

Now, let's talk a bit about depth.

More depth, to me, means more details, just tiny actions and interactions which makes my sims feel more alive, for example, in the Cats & Dogs EP cats can ride on the robot vacuums, it's adorable and makes my sim-cat feel alive. Depth, to me, also means more lore.

I would love this game even more! The Sims 4 is my favourite The Sims game in general, but there's still room for improvements, especially when it comes to depth.

Mainly romantic interactions, child-child interaction, and child-adult interactions. With romantic interactions I'm thinking of things like cuddling on the bed, braver animations for making out (right now it doesn't really look like they're making out), more types of kisses and hugs, more intimate-looking hugs. With child-child interactions I just want children to be able to play together, for example playing tag, having pillow fights, clapping games, and also playing with toys together (now when I pick that they should play with toys together they sometimes don't even sit down in the same room), and things like that, and the same goes for child-adult interactions, including things like adults being able to sit down and play with toys together with their child.

I also expect more depth in the lore, for example having specific sims for the different NPC jobs, like mail carrier, fire fighter, food vendor etc. I don't want Morgyn Ember being a food vendor or Vladislaus Straud being a police officer, it doesn't make sense. I don't like when pre-mades are given jobs that don't fit them, so instead I think the roles should be pre-set. I don't either like the idea of sims loosing their NPC job when they're played, their NPC job could just be a rabbit-hole while you're playing them, so that they're only visible in their NPC role when you don't play them. Also, and this is just an idea I'm throwing out there, a job manager in the world-view would be really handy too, especially if I want a specific sim to have a specific NPC job.

Then I'm also thinking about auto-generated sims, they often break my immersion because they wear so weird clothes. I honestly think that auto-generated sims only should wear the styled outfits. I don't care if a lot of them wears the same clothes, I rather take that than seeing them in all kind of weird outfits.

So, I hope this will be helpful, thanks for reading!
    My Sims stories

The Brights:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter

The Original Ahriman:
    - Read on Bluesky
    - Read on Tumblr
    - Read on Twitter
  • Options
    DHelix000DHelix000 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think something like quirks from Get Famous and similar things should be added to the base game for non Famous sims. Like fatal flaws from Sims Medival. They could be like lot challenges they're separate from traits and you can have as many as you want. Some existing traits like Hot-Headed, Lactose Intolerant, Glutton, Snob, Insane. Could be updated to affect gameplay more and turned into challenges instead of traits. Well they're not all fatal flaws they could make gameplay more challenging. And like lifestyles, they could be gained over time by actions and such.
  • Options
    oohshucksoohshucks Posts: 3 New Member
    Sul Sul,

I'm Glad we get to finally do this again and hopefully they will read them fully and Understand that we loved the small things in games too they matter and makes it more realistic.

1. BURGULARS!!! they Were a thing I enjoyed looking forward to at night when someone would try to come and steal things and had to either fight them off, alarms would go off and the cops would kick down the door and bam bad guy, cops come in and wrestle with the burglary and bam in the cop car they go

2. TODDLERS. There is not much you can do outside of the house with your toddler and that is pretty sad I'm not saying you cant take them out i mean that when you do you don't really get the full experience of enjoying the outside world with your toddler.
    - It be amazing if they put strollers in the game that way you can take them outside of the house and it be easier to take to the park or to the store
    - also that the toddlers could also join in on the fun when we go out to eat or something cause other then just being at home that gives us the full experience of having a toddler.

3.TEENS.
    - I feel like our teens are just not doing the whole teen experience going to games, concerts or even sneaking out of the house.
    -Just imagine that there some concert at night and some parents said no but your child is a rebel and they are going with friends and so they either climb out of thee window or risk it and sneak out the front door, but of course if we get alarms back then it would go off and the parents come rushing down and boom grounded.
    - I know everyone wants vehicles back it was fun to a point it really cause then the teens would go learn how to drive . with that could help maybe a future challenge for parents of " Surviving Drivers ed"

4. Relationships and Friends.
    Oh my goodness were to even start I mean I try to give my sims exciting traits but doesn't feel like enough
    - Relationships are give and take there are two sides to it buttttttttt, it just seems like there is a lot of one sidedness like when Im with someone i would for them to come up and show random affections or say hey would you like to go on a date and they pick where we go or even plan a whole day where its like we start her and end some where else. hmm maybe it doesn't make sense
    Like what if we were able to plan this date where we go have dinner and then go to the lake and jump in it and end it with having dinner like able to make a plan.
    - Or the other person plan to make a vacation plan and they say hey lets get out of here and run away for the weekend.

Friends
    - this is annoying sorta,
    Soooooooo you know how when we get invited out to go dancing or to have dinner and i ended up paying and its like wait a min i don't mind paying but you asked me out so I thought you would suggest to pay or something, thought about it for a bit it be amazing if they paid sometimes or play pay roulette but of course everyone would have to agree with it to. like have you have choices, either pay roulette, I play or another person pays for the outing. Or sometimes be that one person who is deby downer and doesn't want to pay at all and end up getting stuck with the bill and get a negative moodlet of being a Karen or deby downer.

- I notice that when i have my sims go out with friends some of the friends kind of wait for me to suggest what we do instead of saying things like hey come dance with me or jump in the pool together.

5. Color Wheel
    - I know this defeats the purpose of things but umm I was kind of hoping you would consider giving us a color wheel with things we own already and if you want cap us on how much we do with it. just so we could at least change colors or patterns to some things but only have so much room for it then having to delete it. MAYbeee

Well hopefully this gets read at least and maybe see Changes to the sims

Goodbye Simmers!!! :)
  • Options
    VioletPlumbobVioletPlumbob Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul Sul!
    I think that it would be good if townies would do things like get married to each other, have relationships and children by themselves. Also, I think that there should be more aspirations with more depth because not many of them feel like real life aspirations and I find myself using the same small selection over and over.
    I think that there should also be an added depth to the sims personalities like the sliders in sims 1 and 2 with temperament and extrovert/introvert etc.
    I think it would be good if sims had a more specific age or when you have seasons the sims have some sort of birthday, maybe just if the seasons are set to long because that's closer to real life. Perhaps this could have an optional astrological correlation to add to the personalities.
    Also, I would love it to be easier to hold social events such as in a wedding having all the guests automatically sit on surrounding chairs to watch and add social events like baby shower, sleepover, funeral etc.
    I know this would probably be really complex to carry out but either more differentiation between the life stages (and)/or more life stages because I've always thought the jump between having a toddler and a child and child to teen is really big. Maybe it could go baby, toddler, younger child 5-7 ish (could have more interactions with other children like playing tag outside or hide and seek), pre-teen 9-12ish (pretty much the children we have now but they can get crushes on other sims and new friendly interactions) teen, young adult, adult, elder.

Overall, I would just like any added depth to personalities and family gameplay because aside from immediate family there doesn't seem to be any more significance to family relationships than normal ones. Thankyou Sims team!!!
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2021
    Thank you for this opportunity!

Emotions
    Make it make sense! A 'sad' buff caused by my Sim's eldest child dying should not be overpowered by dozens of smaller buffs! The negative emotions are not powerful enough to counter all the endless positive moodlets.

Likes and Dislikes
    Please expand them! Let us select more basic activities like we can with clubs. I'm talking about reading! Watching TV! Napping! We need likes and dislikes that aren't all skill based.

These could also go further to add likes and dislikes for food, drinks and TV channels. And use them to create turn ons and turn offs like we had in The Sims 2.

Traits
    We simply need more!

- Brave
    - Shy
    - Frugal
    - Clingy
    - Technophobe
    - Hates the Outdoors
    - Nosy

The list goes on!

Cars
    Enough said

Babies
    See above. Make us care about them again.

Relationships
    Give us more complex relationships, and let us set them in CAS.

Let us create boyfriends, girlfriends, fiances, ex partners, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, best friends, and more!

Let us create pregnant Sims in CAS, and ghosts that come with their own headstones in their inventory.

I'm sure there's more I want but as this is just being requested for the base game I think the rest has been covered in previous posts. 😃
  • Options
    AmandahagartyAmandahagarty Posts: 2 New Member
    I want relationships to be a bit more complex and meaningful. Relationship should not improve so quickly after Sims first meet. I wish it took longer and more effort to reach friends, good friends and BFF status if I am just doing regular socials. Leave the take a picture hack for anyone who wants to do it fast if you want but I want to watch my sims form and nurture relationships.

Instead of just friends/enemies you can have a middle "it's complicated" zone for when people still have a relationship but they hit some recent road bumps.

It should also be harder to get to the highest levels of liking or disliking a person. And harder for romantic relationships to start and develop. Even if my sim is super high in charisma.

For example say I have been working on charisma for a career. I am not thinking "my sim is as slick as a con man and a super human at relationships" I am just thinking "I got my skill up to get a promotion". So then I turn around and go to an event and meet a few people and I do a single greeting with them and suddenly I have such a high relationship that we are already good friends and I have the option to give them a key to my house or even move in. Holy cow! And whoops my sim has the right knit lifestyle and I have ruined that just by having them say hello to a few people. It's not only unrealistic but it wrecks my game play and either I have to start picking fights and making people hate me or I have to give up on the lifestyle I was cultivating.

Could the relationship scores be harder to earn in the beginning but then as it develops maybe progress a little faster. Or something? Could we have a setting in the options to toggle relationships to either "Normal" or "Hard" so we don't upset people? I dunno. I guess that's for you to figure out :)

Also, I know it's not a place for wish lists but I have 2 tiny items I would love and adore you for forever. 1) typewriters that work off grid so I can be an off the grid author 2) something like that he no shoes sign for bowling alleys to make my sims change into their bowling outfit? (That's probably not tiny....but it sure would be fun!)

Thanks for everything you do. I think you guys are awesome no matter what you do. You guys are a creative and fun bunch and I love The Sims 4evah!
  • Options
    Cynder1864Cynder1864 Posts: 2 New Member
    First off I would like to thank The Sims 4 team for taking such an interest in the community and implementing a lot of the complaints we’ve had over the years! It takes a lot of time and effort to not just add new things but fix old things as well and you are all greatly appreciated!

Overall I think the sims is lacking reality. Past sims games were finished and then released. The sims 4 was released to early and unfinished and is ultimately lacking a lot of what makes the sims, the sims. But there are plenty of things you can do to fix this! Some of these things already exist in game and just need to be reworked slightly and others would mean complete additions. Everything is explained below.

1. The economy needs an overhaul. Badly. Windows from eco lifestyle cost 50 simoleons while others cost several hundred. I think everything in build/buy mode should be re priced and re tagged. There are some things that clearly fit on shelves but you have to use move objects to do it.

2. I hate debug. It’s hard to access and you can’t search it. If you could add debug as an option below household inventory and make it searchable that would make things much easier for a lot of people.

3. Cas. Sims don’t have proper eyelashes or body hair or nails. This is genuinely creepy to me. You’ve done so well adding in more body types and stretch marks and scars. Body hair and nails are next.

4. Realism. I miss burglars and police. We have fireman now and it would be really nice if we had this kind of stuff again. We have alien abductions which are random events that occur and can potentially change your sims lives forever (Alien baby). It would be nice if our sims could get robbed again.

5. NEWSPAPERS & HOUSEPHONES! We have an off the grid lot challenge but we can’t actually use it fully. What if our elders want newspapers instead. What if they want a house phone to chat with their friends. What if we want to play as if it were the 1920’s and cell phones weren’t a thing. Newspapers should also be optional so your sims don’t have to clean them up if they don’t want them.

6. A big thing I think that’s missing from the game is boarding school. I always wish that for my richer more extravagant sims I could ship them off to boarding school and pay like 10k simoleons a week. Rich sims don’t have much to blow their money on. I don’t need a full thing like university. They can just disappear on a bus and come back on weekends

7. Please bring back transportation. My sim goes to work and literally dissolves into thin air. I don’t need actual cars but if they had an option of taxi, bus, or carpool. And then we could select preferred mode of transportation the same way we can choose the utensil preferences (which by the way was a fabulous addition to the game!!!!)

8. Memories are much needed! I want my elder sims to be able to sit down with their spouse and remember their wedding day. Remember their first date. When their child was born. When they got that new job or a promotion. Big life events happen and then when the buff is gone it’s like it didn’t happen.

9. Please help babies! They are trapped in cribs and it’s sad. At least give us an option to place them in a play pen or maybe a swing or just on the ground for them to VERY slowly crawl around. Also. Babies are all the same in the sims. In real life some babies sleep through the night their first time home. Others experience colic and cry all the time. It would be nice if babies were born and a simple trait like calm, sleepy, crier, big eater. Etc. Was assigned at random.

10. Please let me delete things from the calendar. I hate talk like a private day and the awards. I can’t delete the event until it actually starts and then my sims get a negative buff because they had a bad day. Not everyone wants all those things in their game. It would be nice if I had the option to remove it.

11. Degrading skills would be great! If my sim hasn’t played piano since they were a teen and now their an elder they shouldn’t pick up where they left off. They should VERY slowly degrade over time.

12. The sims has done an excellent job at making the game more diverse though I will say it took far too long. One area it is still lacking is the romance department. Currently in order to flirt you can only do verbal or physical interactions. But what if I wanted a sim to be asexual. Under flirty I should be able to gift flowers. Serve a sim their favourite meal. Hold their hand. Cuddle. You don’t have to add a lot but it would be nice to have more choices.

13. Please remove lactose intolerance and vegetarian from personality traits and create a new section for diet preferences. What my sim can and can’t eat doesn’t dictate who they are as a person. Also if we could have 5 trait slots instead of 3. People aren’t just 3 things

14. I would love to be able to assign chairs the way we assign beds so that when a sim goes to eat a meal they go to that exact chair. I hate when my sim eats on the toilet or gets up halfway through the meal

15. The game needs an overhaul. As much as I love EA and Maxis and all the work they put into this. They released the game too early and unfinished. I’m genuinely disappointed with what was originally included in the sims 4 base game and how long it’s taken to get the game to a playable point. To this day sims still cancel actions to complain about needing to go to the bathroom when the action they cancelled was using the toilet. Path finding needs to be reworked big time. In general the sims and the way they behave just needs to be fixed. Sometimes it’s so bad the game is unplayable.

*with love and respects* Ultimately you need to start putting more time and effort into the game. The original sims games came with so much more in the base game and were so incredibly complex and currently in the sims 4 we are paying more for less. I know you hear this complaint all the time and I understand that you can’t go back in time and fix it. But I really hope that when it comes to the sims 5 you’ll learn from the mistakes and make sure to give us a finished game. Even if that means it doesn’t come out for another 5-10 years.
  • Options
    Olafr_the_VikingOlafr_the_Viking Posts: 1 New Member
    My first suggestion for adding depth, variation and lifelikeness would be that you could borrow ideas from the events and actions in e.g. Crusader Kings II and III, and for instance let the non-active sims go up to the active sim, say something, suggest something, do something - so that the non-active sim can take the initiative, surprise and take the story further, and maybe in a slightly different direction. It could be anything from flavor - like commenting on a newly bought item, suggest to buy something that is not present in the house (e.g. a Sim that enjoys video games ask for a computer), ask how your present career is going; and also something more impactful, like suggest to break up with current boyfriend, suggest to move out, suggest to change job, suggest to learn a particular skill or hobby, maybe suggest to do a hobby together with the non-active sim, suggest going for a holiday to a particular destination, or something else. I feel that would add some depth, variation and surprises to the game.

To add on the above, I have been wishing for some sort of murder mystery in town, or maybe a handful of different dramas that can be played out - to avoid it being too repetitive; murder mystery being one, maybe a kidnapping (need to find out who did it, why, and the location where the kidnapper holds the victim), a burglary (find out what items are missing, who dunnit, why, and where the stash is kept), someone is bullied and socially kept out of the loop (and the player needs to solve why it is so, and help the victim become stronger, confront the bullyer and break free from the social out-group), a mafia organization has developed (think the Godfather or Sopranos), and the active Sim has to help discover and prove it, and trying to remove them and put them in jail, one by one. The Murder Mystery part could maybe have a "Poirot"-like detective working undercover to try to solve the murder case, and the sim could participate in finding the guilty killer, would also have been fun. Maybe borrow the atmosphere from Twin Peaks, Agatha Christie or Lovecraft and/or Stranger Things, and make it a little exciting and awkward. And you could have the sims interviewing witnesses and locals, find the backstory and find out who has an alibi, and who has a motive. That would have been fun and engaging, I think. You should still be able to choose not to participate in the drama, like in StrangerVille and Cottage Living, and you can choose how quickly and to what degree you want to investigate and help solve the mystery.

And further expanding on the above ideas, maybe also add some sort of secretive "conspiracy" feature/interaction, where sims (both active and non-active) could look for other sims who are similarly minded, choose to bond and conspire with the ones they trust to have the same goals, and then preparing a scheme to fool, trick, trap, steal money or scheme against each other, not in the direct and kind of vulgar way you do it in many mischief/mean interactions (yielding sudden results), but more in a hidden and subtle way, taking time to set up and build up, and after a while you see the results; and the consequences should be bigger than the quick mischief/mean actions if the conspiracy succeeds. That would enter a new depth to gameplay, where you had to be a little less naive, and a little more cautious, to make sure that you don't get tricked or conned into something - and you could find out whom to trust, and who you can't trust. If you understand a scheme is underway, you should get at possibility to expose it, prove it and stop it. And if playing a mischief/mean Sim who use these manipulative means, that would open up interesting new paths to storytelling, fulfilling goals, making mayhem or earning cash. So trustworthiness, as a hidden trait that is gradually revealed the more you interact with a sim, and that have consequences both relationally and in what actions you can try; that would have been awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top