Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theme Park or a Galaxy Far, Far Away?

For those who actually play Journey to Batuu, how do you see this world as existing?
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Theme Park or a Galaxy Far, Far Away? 86 votes

My sims are actually traveling to a galaxy far, far away.
45%
Bluegaylealan650111BlkBarbiegalrudolphaMonet11CamkatimhappyMaryVannjustChrisUkalanmichael1kemoweryKennziKaigeAncientMuseBabykittyjadeGracieO312Sindocatpammiechickannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidt 39 votes
My sims are visiting the most advanced and exclusive theme park ever made.
54%
Akl500PcrocobauraCK213bshag4lvbrackencat31Cabelle1863aelias24danacnbrettIsb917elanorbretonpendragon1980maggiemae8135simgirl1010cchant86DevSims91mystang1972wylmite1986loubylouloucatloverplayerSimplyJen 47 votes

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    When my sim uses the ships for a quest, it like they went on one of the park rides.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    It varies from save to save, but Batuu is more often real than not.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've sent Sims there for their honeymoon (they were both geeks), and I plan to send teens there for the theme park.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    However once my adventurer sims finish their quests it will probably open as a theme park.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Definitely a theme park though one with a lot of "interactive elements".

Having went to the park at the beginning of 2020, I can say with some degree of certainty that the pack is meant to be based on the "Galaxy's Edge" park section at Disney and there are a lot of the same elements from the pack in the park experience. And I treat it as such.

For those who have not been to the park, there is a small degree of "roleplay element" to the experience if one desires to play along. The elements in question are merely built upon and expanded (though not by much) for the Game Pack.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited August 2021
    I love almost everything science fiction and fantasy so of course they are travelling to a galaxy far far away. Although I don't stick to star wars lore in the story I am playing.

For a theme park it would be way too one sided. A theme park would need roller coasters, a ferris wheel, carrousels,... basically more attractions to visit. And of course a hotel to stay at as well.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited August 2021
    I love the idea of a theme park, although it's one you can stay overnight in. I love the idea of a treasure hunt and then you can sell them at a gift shop, lol. Mostly I send my geeks there to get a light saber and a droid. The only good I've ever found them for is a large RC toy. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    It’s 100% theme park to me, although I don’t love that they seemed to have based it off California, not Florida. The menus are exact (or at least they were up until a few weeks ago), the shops are in the right spots, and they have pretty much the same stuff you can buy, especially the stuff from Dok Ondar’s. I can’t see Batuu and not see theme park, especially when all of the lore in the world matches exactly the lore created for the park. The quests are pretty much lifted straight out of the park app. And just like irl, the “performers”/SW characters have zero interest in hanging out with the tourists off-planet. The only unrealistic park of it to me is that my sims spend a whole week there instead of getting it done in half a day.

And when they get home, all their new stuff is just toys taking up space and no one treats them like a Jedi, so very realistic.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve never used it as a theme park, and I don’t think I ever will.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Oasis Springs is forever tied to Star Wars for me. Might just be a slight connection but it is there. Some brave sims actually go to Batuu themselves.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Theme Park hands down.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I, the player, am visiting the theme park, and seeing Galaxy's Edge through a video-game lens for a fraction of the cost.

My sims are Dai Bendu disciples - Force adepts, but not Jedi - actually hopping between their home system on some unspecified Outer Rim world (I made over the cheap neighborhood in Oasis Springs, because moisture vaporators make sense there) to Black Spire Outpost on Batuu.

b70QOnZ.png

But that's in a save all it's own. I play Journey to Batuu as it's own sort of side-event to my legacy save.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I mostly I use it as a theme park, but I do have one save in which I play it as a far away galaxy. So, basically both work ok for me.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Although I love science fiction, I view Batuu as an interactive theme park. I haven’t sent sims there yet, but, it is too small of a pack, and my main save is too realistic for it to be viewed as real.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Batuu is usually real in my games, although I recently had a sim with the attitude of "what happens on Batuu stays on Batuu." I still wonder if Effie knew she was on another planet or not. She flirted with everyone in sight, cheated at Sabaac, and had a lot of fun.

What do you mean, Effie isn't real and I am the one who made her that way? :o Of course she'd real, she's right there in my computer at home.

Um. This is like when I get in an argument with my dog. Oops. :#
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    In A Galaxy As Far, Far away as possible!

Also all in its own save, because the Galaxy is huge and Nancy Landgraab & Judith Ward don't live there anymore. I fed them to the sarlacc. Unfortunately they gave the poor beast indigestion. It is what it is.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Then again I enjoy playing occult’s and other sims that look different than regular human sims. In sims 3 there was the world called Lunar Lakes. Loved it because it was different than all the other worlds. Except I always wanted to follow them past the rabbitholes but also wished my sims could leave the world as well. I love Batuu as an actual planet my sims can visit for many reasons.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Also all in its own save, because the Galaxy is huge and Nancy Landgraab & Judith Ward don't live there anymore. I fed them to the sarlacc. Unfortunately they gave the poor beast indigestion. It is what it is.
    I can easily delete premades if I don’t like them but Judith Ward…ugh I don’t like her but I can’t seem to ever delete her!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I really need to do something like that; those two women are everywhere. I just saw Nancy in the Village Green on Fair day; it was very immersion breaking. I've been much too timid in ridding my worlds of pests premades. I did kill off Nancy's husband once, though. I reflect on that with great satisfaction, even if all I did was age him up to do it. I just really loathe that sim.

I have one save specifically for Batuu, but still treat it as another world in my other saves.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I personally know this is just some random theme park where all the aliens are just human workers in costumes.......But curses, my Sims will continue to pretend that it's real!
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    Neither. It's a virtual reality video game.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I, the player, am visiting the theme park, and seeing Galaxy's Edge through a video-game lens for a fraction of the cost.

My sims are Dai Bendu disciples - Force adepts, but not Jedi - actually hopping between their home system on some unspecified Outer Rim world (I made over the cheap neighborhood in Oasis Springs, because moisture vaporators make sense there) to Black Spire Outpost on Batuu.
    b70QOnZ.png

But that's in a save all it's own. I play Journey to Batuu as it's own sort of side-event to my legacy save.

I haven't yet done a lot with or in Batuu, but both of these sound very much like my own plans for a special save. @Sindocat your Oasis Springs outpost looks awesome! @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I love feeding pre-mades to things, so I don't mind causing some minor indigestion suffered by a few poor creatures. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I picked this option because Rey visited my community marketplace... in Willow Creek! And because as it's The Sims universe that has Star Wars costumes, and for me at least, The Sims universe and Star Wars universe are on the different universes. The creator of a universe can put in refrences of the other universes. That's my thinking. Otherwise I would be terrified that there may be... Star Wars threats to my happy sim family.

But yes, it's up to the player. The different opinions, views, thoughts etc is something that makes the world a great and not dull place to live.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Theme park that is in roleplay mode.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Sifi all the way. B):p