May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How far away from home do you send your Sims?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I send my Sims to every world I can play in. The world is their oyster.
    My Sims travel everywhere because every world has something to offer in terms of activities. My Sims don't travel to Brindleton Bay very often. They do go to buy fish and learn new recipes. I do like the area near the park because it has an apple drink that my Sims like. I tend to avoid Brindelton Bay because I don't like seeing sick stray animals.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other (please explain)
    For me it depends on the save. I prefer to stick to one world in some saves and travel in others.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I send my Sims to worlds that I imagine are reasonable destinations--close to their home world, or related to it somehow. No passport required.
    I have a map so my sims only travel to places that make sense in that moment. I also charge them (subtract money from their household funds using cheats) to travel. They pay based on distance and “mode” of transportation used such as rentable bike/scooter, cab/rideshare, long distance bus (think Greyhound for those in the US), train and of course plane.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Other (please explain)
    It depends on their family background and how much money they have.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,001 Member
    I send my Sims to worlds that I imagine are reasonable destinations--close to their home world, or related to it somehow. No passport required.
    My San Myshuno sims go anywhere in San Myshuno easily, to Newcrest for an afternoon, or Oasis Springs for a day trip. The other worlds I treat as vacations or rare travel. But I'm not so dogmatic about it that I have them refuse invitations if someone invites them out to socialize in a random world. I have been having them be free to go to Windenburg at night just because of the clubs, but Windenburg has a really different cultural feel so I might just turn one of the San Myshuno karaoke bars into a club instead...
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do have some restrictions based on how certain worlds fit together but then I rotate between all of the worlds, so I experience everything. I have sims tend to interact based on the worlds that they are in but some of them move between the worlds. I don't expect anyone else to follow my rules but I have my own way of making sense of places.

I tend to pair them up as follows:

Willow Creek - Southeast "Americana"; yes to New Orleans but also any temperate American climate; suburban world with some humidity. Fits with Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest and sometimes Windenburg with a flight.

Newcrest and Granite Falls are accessible to all. Anyone can go on a vacation but Selvadorada, Sulani and Mt. Komorebi are flights away. Certain worlds are self-contained. Newcrest is mostly community lots that all can visit. Britechester is also accessible to all.

Evergreen Harbor - Ex-industrial town/somewhat small & has seen better days but is being restored with community initiatives. Kind of like the Pacific NW but also post-industrial cities such as Baltimore.

Windenburg/Forgotten Hollow/Glimmerbrook/HoB - European-based worlds. HoB and Glimmerbrook are British. Windenburg is a mix of Continental and British.

Oasis Springs/StrangerVille/Del Sol Valley - I play these worlds as if they are interconnected though Strangerville is more remote.

More recently I tend to keep sims all in the same or similar worlds but I have made a few exceptions because sims can travel.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Other (please explain)
    I voted for other. I typically don’t make my sims leave their lot, but when I do, I let them travel to any world that I can play in. The idea of them only traveling to reasonable destinations intrigues me, though.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't send my Sims out of their home world if they live in a more remote/specialized world. What happens in Sulani stays in Sulani.
    When I am just playing a single sim save game I don't really care and send them all over the world XD

But when I am playing my rotational main save I usually try to limit traveling to other worlds unless it is either a vacation or I don't have another lot of the desired type in the ''closer'' worlds.

If I am sending my sims to the worlds that aren't close I always try to create a storyline or a reason why they are going there and make them spend whole day there, so it was worth the travel.

Below how I categorize them, the worlds in the same row are considered neighbourhood towns and I imagine that travel between them is from 30min-1 hour.
    Willow Creek, Magnolia Promanade, Newcrest, San Myshuno, Evergreen Harbour
    Oasis Springs, Strangerville, Del Sol Valley
    Mt. Komorebi
    Sulani
    Brindelton Bay, Windenburg, Britechester, Henford on Bagley
    Forgotton Hollow, Glimmerbrook - these are exeptions as it would be very limiting to only let the sims that live there spend their life (or unlife) there. I would consider FH within reasonable from distance from Willow Creek and Glimmerbrook from Windenburg.

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I've been sending my sims everywhere for the sake of practicality and managing to experience packs I've bought since I haven't played enough this year to keep up with new packs (Haven't even managed to get to a third generation of sims since last autumn due to extra work this year). However, I've been thinking about giving myself some house-rules so that sims could only travel to certain worlds if they go to a rental lot for a few days. Because yeah, starting my day in Henford-on-Bagley, going for a quick gym session in San Myshuno before visiting Mount Komorebi for the youth festival and ending with dinner in a restaurant I added in Willow Creek feels weird. For that, however, I'd have to update a lot of lots in the worlds I set up my sims in so that I can still get enough use out of some packs. I can't bring Sulani or Mount Komorebi into Henford, but I want to change lots so I'll have games from Get Together, pets roaming about or playing with their owners and such. And some worlds would benefit from even more cross-pack building.
  • Options
    CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    I don't send my Sims out of their home world if they live in a more remote/specialized world. What happens in Sulani stays in Sulani.
    I don't like seeing an Oasis Springs NPC at home and 10 minutes later at the top of Mount Komorebi.