Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your longest running save file?

Comments

• Options
    kretorrbwlykretorrbwly Posts: 36 Member
    Don't know if it's the longest, but Im currently on my 25th week. I will admit it's a bit sad, seeing all of those premade NPCs dying, and being replaced by random NPCs that are visibly different than the theme of the town. Guess I will get used to it...
  • Options
    johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I seem to be starting over a lot. I can't stick to a save as usual. :(

@HillyBeth I just started a new save game lol, so I'm back to square one
  • Options
    Don't know if it's the longest, but Im currently on my 25th week. I will admit it's a bit sad, seeing all of those premade NPCs dying, and being replaced by random NPCs that are visibly different than the theme of the town. Guess I will get used to it...

@kretorrbwly I don't want to sound grim, but I love seeing the town die off. Makes me feel like I've really been putting in time/work to my save file. :)
  • Options
    kretorrbwlykretorrbwly Posts: 36 Member
    > @johnny33 said:
    > @kretorrbwly I don't want to sound grim, but I love seeing the town die off. Makes me feel like I've really been putting in time/work to my save file. :)

I mean, I get that. Still, for me it feels like I came to a world that tells a story, then the story ends and now everything is random, and has nothing to do with the original town.

Which is totally natural, so I guess I should stop looking at the end of the story and use my current family to create a new one
  • Options
    > @johnny33 said:
    > @kretorrbwly I don't want to sound grim, but I love seeing the town die off. Makes me feel like I've really been putting in time/work to my save file. :)

I mean, I get that. Still, for me it feels like I came to a world that tells a story, then the story ends and now everything is random, and has nothing to do with the original town.

Which is totally natural, so I guess I should stop looking at the end of the story and use my current family to create a new one

@kretorrbwly -Oh yeah that's true, if I had the option, I would prefer neighbors not to age and stay the same till I decide to play that family like in Sims 2.
  • Options
    mortandphilmortandphil Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm on week 663. Been playing since 2012. Started in Sunset Valley, moved everyone to Bridgeport, moved back to SV because BP was so buggy. Lifespan is about 110 days, so I've had probably dozens of generations. Have to clean out the cemetery from time to time. Probably have about 600-700 tombstones right now.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited August 2021
    202 days. However, the family moved towns on day 150.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    My longest Save File was 51 in-game weeks (The Original Molyneux Family Save), while my shortest Save File was two Sim Days (The laptop crash happened after I played last month)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Gonna start a new save and see how far I get this time. Maybe reset my settings* to the game default.

*To clarify: My age span settings.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SweetCandy292SweetCandy292 Posts: 21 Member
    Currently cant check my count but i tend to play on the normal or long life span, currently on generation 12 in one of my save files! Taking a break from it to do a challenge!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    im not sure which one is the longest because sometimes i have to start over because the game gets glitchy after awhile. i think im on like week 9 or 10 but i have to revisit that file to see for sure. my current game is on week 3.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't know. I've had saves I've kept for years because I play Sims 3 and just let everything fall into place letting my sims decide how I'm going to play the game. I love doing generational gameplay in Sims 3.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Onverser Yes, moving towns resets the days of the season you're in.

@johnny33 What's your favorite occult? I'm more into the Witches, though I'm a fan of vampires, too.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @Onverser Yes, moving towns resets the days of the season you're in.

@johnny33 What's your favorite occult? I'm more into the Witches, though I'm a fan of vampires, too.

@HillyBeth I like witches as well because of the cool animations and load of spells they can cast but plantsims are favorite. I started a new save file and am going to mix in all the occults throughout the generations. I've never really tried vampires but am stocking up on plasma fruits :)
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited October 2021
    My longest is 46 weeks.
  • Options
    mortandphilmortandphil Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="johnny33;c-17953843"][quote="kretorrbwly;c-17953381"]> @johnny33 said:

Which is totally natural, so I guess I should stop looking at the end of the story and use my current family to create a new one[/quote].

@kretorrbwly -Oh yeah that's true, if I had the option, I would prefer neighbors not to age and stay the same till I decide to play that family like in Sims 2.[/quote]

You can probably do that with Nraas Story Progrssion. Just set the caste options for "non-active family" so that "death: allow aging" is false
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited August 2022
    23 weeks, plus trips to vacation worlds, University, and the future.

As of August 2022, 40 something weeks.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    One of my saves is currently on week 53.
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    How do you know how many weeks have gone by? Does the game counts it? If so where can i find that info?
  • Options
    pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    How do you know how many weeks have gone by? Does the game counts it? If so where can i find that info?

You can see it by hovering the cursor over the clock :)
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • Options
    @pinkrobin thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    So my save is in 18 weeks now :)
    It's not my longest save ever but it is since 2013 :lol:
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I got to 78 weeks on a crummy laptop. No mods or CC, no moving worlds, but the performance and especially the loading times were in the toilet by the time it ended. Down the line I opened it up on my current desktop and it was much more playable. The temptation to load it with CC is overwhelming though.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    My current Save (The Rivers Save) is currently in it's sixth week, while my Bridgeport Save is still in it's first week
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Technically, something like 12 weeks. The save itself can get corrupted and then I move all households to a clean save.
    It has happened to me a few times with my ongoing story/save in Sunset Valley. So the dashboard does not refelect the real duration of the storyline.
    As far as town story - I've been playing my main game save in Sunset Valley since 2016. As I mentioned, I cannot rely on the current save in the count of weeks, however I do keep memories for some sims (which can indicate) and I have sims with memories from ~600 sim-days ago. Which can be ~85 weeks.