Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your longest running save file?

I knew you can track how many days have pasted ingame by looking at your scrapbook memories. But I didn't know that if you hover over the day/time block it also shows you. Mine is 46 weeks and 2 days.

g1Dm65u.png

Comments

• Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    currently only 6 weeks. but i play with nraas relativity to sloooooow things down

just a week takes me like 12 hours to play :)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No idea, I moved around to another neighbor alot and thus refreshing the week count back to 0.

For comparison the average sim life expectancy in my game is 450~ days, and I'm on a 5th generations at the moment.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2021
    Currently 9 weeks and 5 days, I'm surprised how low that is though because I've been on this save since February/March. Does moving town affect these numbers?
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    I started my Sunset Valley game in 2017 (I think), but left it alone until 2020, so effectively it is probably something like two years old.

The save file itself is much younger, because I often use "Save As..." to create a new one.

I'm on the third generation now. I played with aging off in the beginning, but since I installed Seasons I started to play with aging on.

I play with a very long life expectancy.. 1053 days. With 1 year = 13 days, that translates to rougly 81 years.. It's only that long because of Seasons... (1 day = approximately 1 month. For some reason I couldn't have 1 year be excactly 12 days..)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    johnny33 wrote: »
    I knew you can track how many days have pasted ingame by looking at your scrapbook memories. But I didn't know that if you hover over the day/time block it also shows you. Mine is 46 weeks and 2 days.

g1Dm65u.png

46 weeks?! How many generations have you been through?! Power to you, @johnny33 !
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    My longest save is Moonlight Falls.

Moonlight-Falls-Time.png
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    My longest is 49 weeks, Day 3. In the 4th generation I think? The lifespans for that save are super long, so that family tends to live forever. :)
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • Options
    I just started over. Decided to convert my Sims 4 legacy to sims 3. Still on the first week, but there's one day left until Leisure Day.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Currently 9 weeks and 5 days, I'm surprised how low that is though because I've been on this save since February/March. Does moving town affect these numbers?

I don't believe so, I moved towns recently and am sure I haven't played 46 weeks worth in the new town.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    No idea, I moved around to another neighbor alot and thus refreshing the week count back to 0.

For comparison the average sim life expectancy in my game is 450~ days, and I'm on a 5th generations at the moment.

Changing families resets the counter? I did not know this.
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »

g1Dm65u.png

46 weeks?! How many generations have you been through?! Power to you, @johnny33 !

Only on my 3rd generation lol. I'm more of a "play only 1 sim and max out their skills/careers" type of simmer. But I got bored so I decided to give the family life a try.
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    My longest save is Moonlight Falls.

Moonlight-Falls-Time.png

OMG that's 4 in game years that have past! What current generation are you on? Also I just moved to Moonlight Falls, probably my favorite EA made world.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Changing families resets the counter? I did not know this.

I didnt change family, I mean I changed neighborhood. was typo though.

My oldest vampire sims is around 1700 simdays so I guess that's the longest running save file in my game
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    OMG that's 4 in game years that have past! What current generation are you on? Also I just moved to Moonlight Falls, probably my favorite EA made world.

I am also on the 3rd generation since my lifespans are realistic in a TS3 edition way. Before that though, I had mostly played with aging off. But this way time can progress and I don't feel rushed playing through the stories of life. Gives me so much time to get to know the Sims and learn that much more about each Sim A.I.

Seasons

Spring (93 days)
    Summer (94 days)
    Autumn (89 days)
    Winter (89 days)
    Year (365 days)

Infant (93 days)
    Toddler (1,460 days)
    Child (2,920 days)
    Teen (2,555 days)
    Young Adult (7,300 days)
    Adult (9,125 days)
    Elder (13,140 days)
    Lifespan (36,593 days)

Pregnancy

Hours of Pregnancy (6,574)
    Hours to Show Fully Pregnant (5,843)
    Hours to Show Pregnant Buff (1,460)
    Hours to Start Contractions (6,572)
    Hours to Start Pregnant Motives (730)
    Hours to Start Walking Pregnant (5,847)

Kittens, Puppies, Foals (186 days)
    Adult Cats and Dogs (3,650 days)
    Elder Cats and Dogs (3, 650 days)
    Cats and Dogs Lifespan (7,486 days)

Adult Horses (6,570 days)
    Elder Horses (4,380 days)
    Horses Lifespan (11,136 days)

I still have to change pet pregnancies and relearn how to adjust minor pets lifespans.

I am also getting better at managing my save and one of the things I learned to do is to limit how many children at a time a Sim can autonomously try for a baby. Because before there was quite the baby boom, but now no more trying for babies once 4 household members occupies the residence.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »

I am also on the 3rd generation since my lifespans are realistic in a TS3 edition way. Before that though, I had mostly played with aging off. But this way time can progress and I don't feel rushed playing through the stories of life. Gives me so much time to get to know the Sims and learn that much more about each Sim A.I.

Seasons

Spring (93 days)
    Summer (94 days)
    Autumn (89 days)
    Winter (89 days)
    Year (365 days)

Infant (93 days)
    Toddler (1,460 days)
    Child (2,920 days)
    Teen (2,555 days)
    Young Adult (7,300 days)
    Adult (9,125 days)
    Elder (13,140 days)
    Lifespan (36,593 days)

Pregnancy

Hours of Pregnancy (6,574)
    Hours to Show Fully Pregnant (5,843)
    Hours to Show Pregnant Buff (1,460)
    Hours to Start Contractions (6,572)
    Hours to Start Pregnant Motives (730)
    Hours to Start Walking Pregnant (5,847)

Kittens, Puppies, Foals (186 days)
    Adult Cats and Dogs (3,650 days)
    Elder Cats and Dogs (3, 650 days)
    Cats and Dogs Lifespan (7,486 days)

Adult Horses (6,570 days)
    Elder Horses (4,380 days)
    Horses Lifespan (11,136 days)

I still have to change pet pregnancies and relearn how to adjust minor pets lifespans.

I am also getting better at managing my save and one of the things I learned to do is to limit how many children at a time a Sim can autonomously try for a baby. Because before there was quite the baby boom, but now no more trying for babies once 4 household members occupies the residence.

Nice! That sounds epic as heck. Also it does look like you had quite the baby boom with all the sims in your household, I get stressed managing more than two.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I've always played the same Sunset Valley game for about 12 years now on and off, but every few years I transfer everyone to a brand new Sunset Valley just to see if it'll help with save file bloat and load times. I'm on Week 35, Day 9 of my current Sunset Valley from 2018.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    I have yet to even make it past one sim-year. I keep getting new ideas and starting over. LOL!! Vicious cycle.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I have yet to even make it past one sim-year. I keep getting new ideas and starting over. LOL!! Vicious cycle.

I'm going to start a generation/legacy family so I'll see how far down the family tree I can go without getting bored and starting a new save file. I like the occult states so I might mix the gene pool with them all.
  • Options
    yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    Nine years lol
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    After enjoying some fine blended Kentucky Nectar, I recently inadvertently saved over my longest running save.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    BlackSand wrote: »
    After enjoying some fine blended Kentucky Nectar, I recently inadvertently saved over my longest running save.

@BlackSand -How awful! :open_mouth:

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2021
    None of mine. I have a bad tendency to start, go strong for a few chapters and then run smack-dab into a brick wall

hello, writer's block, old friend.
    I've run smack into you again...
    can't think of any sanguine plot,
    everytime I write it's all for naught...
    like a vanishing idea in the wind,
    It's gone again...
    ...the frustrations of writers block...

So...none of my stories are more than a few months old.
    BlackSand wrote: »

I'd take up some JB's finest nectar, but unfortunately, I'm "on the wagon" - blood pressure meds.

My condolences on your lost save.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I honestly don't know, I'm in generation 7th and since I moved them to help alleviate the save it says we are on week 1, but we are probably somewhere between 60 and 70 sim weeks 🤔.
    I really oughta finish this legacy, 3 generations should be piece of cake at this point :lol:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    I seem to be starting over a lot. I can't stick to a save as usual. :(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    My current and longest ever gameplay is 24 weeks in Sunset Valley. I played on the deafult lifespan and literally everyone in the town died, I had to repopulate it myself lol
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿