Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Put away the cell phone!

Comments

• Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited July 2021
    Other than hunting for a mod, If you have MC Command and are feeling lucky... you can pick and uncheck phone tasks via the Autonomy Scan. It helped quite a bit.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    edited July 2021
    how to pick and uncheck phone tasks? cant find it (sim constatly plays games as doing rags to riches) i have found play game in the search all autonomous but theres more than one i dont know which is for the phone
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    With the likes & dislikes in the game. I always have my sims dislike videogaming, media production & programming.
    After that my sims don't seem to want to play with their phones as much.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Don't care much what my sims are doing, but their children on the phones gets me... Threw a party for a toddler turning child, they aged and played phone app games. The children in The Sims 4 seem about 8-10 to me, they shouldn't be on phones I.M.O.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    Seriously, is there some way to make your Sim stop fiddling with their phone all the flippin' time? It's incredibly annoying. I hate seeing people in real life constantly glued to their phone. I really don't want my Sims doing it.

I hear there is a mod for that.

Indeed. I'm using one from MTS, Leave the phone alone! (No autonomous gaming/browsing the web on their phones) by Anonymouse85. Works wonders. All I see are teens doing their usual idle phone stuff.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    With the likes & dislikes in the game. I always have my sims dislike videogaming, media production & programming.
    After that my sims don't seem to want to play with their phones as much.

That makes sense. Nicely done! I was considering that if something gets out of hand. Like now a sim with max fitness and the bodybuilder aspiration complete, she still likes to go work out instead of gardening (Which she also likes" and other stuff.

It was great when I wanted her to autonomously build up her fitness, since she's in the military career.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

Wow! She's actually using a real notepad to write things down! Not a 'phone'! :o
    bPmNEMI.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want a toggle to turn off the phones, who's with me?

I wouldn't want to turn it off completely. I like when my sims get invited out places by their friends and relatives. However the random pointless texts from strangers and constant job offers, those can go.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    Gr00vytunesGr00vytunes Posts: 4 New Member
    Here is a Mod that might help. https://modthesims.info/d/622551/leave-the-phone-alone-no-autonomous-gaming-or-browsing-the-web-on-their-cellphones.html
  • Options
    Gr00vytunesGr00vytunes Posts: 4 New Member
    Or try this one. https://www.patreon.com/posts/bg-disable-phone-45437264
  • Options
    diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    It makes me think, there should be a feature in which sims can put down their phone, preventing them from getting notified by friends or being able to toggle the phone tab. Phones that are put down in the world, similar to tablets, can be picked up. They can also vibrate in a cartoony way, signifying that there's a call, or a text, etc.

Once picked up on time, they can answer the call, or if they missed the call, they will be notified that this sim called your sim. Texts are fine, but I digress. Yeah, it's going to be annoying when sims randomly play with their phones. I wish they would use the console I bought for them when they're bored. But no, they choose to fidget with their phone. :weary:
  • Options
    ChariceZyrus89ChariceZyrus89 Posts: 35 Member
    Isn't that due to the phone fanatic fame quirk?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The children in The Sims 4 seem about 8-10 to me, they shouldn't be on phones I.M.O.
    Lol, I've seen kids as young as about 5 walking down the street chatting on their phone...

• Options
    The children in The Sims 4 seem about 8-10 to me, they shouldn't be on phones I.M.O.
    Lol, I've seen kids as young as about 5 walking down the street chatting on their phone...

Not too long in the future, babies will be born talking on their cell-phone. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I still wish there was a toggle to turn off the phone, except for talking only.
  • Options
    feralghost1feralghost1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with toggling being on their phone all the time. I had a werewolf sim who was rampaging on all fours with his phone in one hand (no mods), it looks incredibly stupid and ruins the story telling. not all sims have the personality to want to be on their phones like my old fashioned farmer sims. bloody irritating that it even interrupts some of their actions
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Really, if they were going to add all these changes to the phone, it would have been nice if they could have added a "sleep mode" to the phones, while they were at it. I.e., your sim selects an option on the phone to turn on sleep mode, and then until they turn it back on, they don't get incoming calls or pick it up autonomously to mess around with it. Then they can just unlock it when they want to use it again. Or if you are doing a historical save, never.
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I agree with all the things that have been said here, but, like the original poster, I am particularly annoyed about the new "walk and use phone" animation that has been added with yesterday's patch. I saw that this was coming in High School Years and assumed it would be teen-specific, thereby creating some actual visual difference between teens and adults. No such luck. My adult sims do it too, with no regard for personality traits, preferences, lifestyles, contexts--I had a sim do this animation while she was jogging! I think sims should only do this new animation if they are teens, technophiles, or phone fanatics. It definitely should not be for everybody.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I’d love to set browsing habits or playing games.

One time I called up Caleb(I guess that's his name. The vampire dude) as a SimDa date, and my sim I was using is hot, so you'd think he be all for talking to her non stop. The first thing Caleb did was superspeed straight up the stairs and to the computer. That was the fastest I ever ended a SimDa date.

It's also why I lock the door to rooms with a computer and restrict entry from everyone except the primary household sim.
  • Options

One thing I found funny recently was going to "woohoo", one of the couple chatted on the phone as they were walking through the building upstairs to the bed. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    The phones should at least have a battery life. Why do they have a never ending charge? Then I could just let them all die and never have to deal with it again.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Oh for an option to turn them off in settings unless you call out with them , I am sick of my other families phoning my current sim up to ask if they should have a baby or random townies asking should they make friends with some other townie i have never even heard of
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    The phones should at least have a battery life. Why do they have a never ending charge? Then I could just let them all die and never have to deal with it again.

In "Sims" most things are unlimited. However I get what you are saying.
    Oh for an option to turn them off in settings unless you call out with them , I am sick of my other families phoning my current sim up to ask if they should have a baby or random townies asking should they make friends with some other townie i have never even heard of

I would like an option in game settings like that too.

I noticed in real-life a couple days ago, I went to a waterpark for children here in my town. My sister and her fiance have two children, that was why I was scouting out for things to do. On the big sign at the waterpark, one of the things posted was, "No cameras, computers, electronic devices, mobile phone usage allowed while in the waterpark. Ever.". It was explained under that although you may be just trying to take photos of your children, you may catch others in the photos. What it didn't say is that 'creepy' people could be on the phone, (so to speak) but actually taking photos or video.

I think that was a great call to ban all that at a children's waterpark.

On a different aspect, as a parent, I would want to spend time with my kids rather than 'be on the phone'. anyways. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Yes, am a bit annoyed that my island dwelling mermadic shaman-in-training now scrolls social media as he walks along. It doesn't really fit with his lifestyle.
    I had to admire, however, that they included sim responses to someone phoning them. Another of my Sims was phoned up during a conversation with my active sim, and I could clearly hear him saying "Yibbs? Yibbs?" as if answering "yes? Yes?" to someone phoning him. By the look on his face I think it was a sales call. 😆

I am more annoyed by the constant calls about relationship advice. (I have Neighbourhood Stories turned off. Why is this still happening?!) My merman keeps getting phone calls from the same NPC townie, whom he has only spoken to once at a bar, barely even knows her, and I swear, if I get one more call from her asking who she should date, I am going to have Ikkanu invite her to his island and set the kracken on her!
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2022
    What they should have done was make a phone obsessed lifestyle or purchasable trait. In other words players would have to turn on the sims obsession with the phone instead of trying to find ways to turn it off.