Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Put away the cell phone!

AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
Seriously, is there some way to make your Sim stop fiddling with their phone all the flippin' time? It's incredibly annoying. I hate seeing people in real life constantly glued to their phone. I really don't want my Sims doing it.

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don’t know if there’s a way to stop them. I’d love to set browsing habits or playing games.

When I really get into the household I’m playing I yell at them to stop using their phone and talk to the Sim that’s just come to visit! 😂.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I think you can disable the autonomy with MC Command Center, MC Tuner. If you go to https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner and then click on "here" and scroll down they have a list with phone actions that you can disable for autonomy. You need to add those to the mc_tuner.cfg file or add them manually in the game through the mc tuner settings.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I wish there was a way to do it without mods, because the phone thing is really annoying
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    You know, I just recently had this moment of "this is getting too close to real life" when I had a club gathering and they just wanted to fiddle around with their phones instead of doing club activities or socializing. Me and my closest friends have this "no phones" principle when we have a meeting (except if we need to google something or take a photo) because we all agree it's annoying/rude someone's just messing around with their phone when we actually have an opportunity to have face-to-face conversations. Then I have a social gathering in the Sims and they are like immediately glued to their phones and I'm like "Don't be like that".

Those two are a couple too.
    tgVDvQC.jpg
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I still don’t understand why mobiles were made attached to Sims, rather than an object. Not everyone has a mobile.

Does anyone think if the mobiles were separate that would work better? I don’t know if it’s possible to change the mobile layout in 4. Actually have the mobile as an object they can pick up or put down. Maybe forget it and have to find it.

I don’t like the fact the phone is part of the panel even in 3.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Doesn't entirely eliminate the problem, but give your sim the 'dislikes video games' dislike and they wont do it as much.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    *sees the title*
    *stops scrolling forum*
    *puts phone down*
    *raise hands above head*

You got me
    I plead guilty to the crime

okay jokes aside mood.

I wish sims didn't browse their phones all the time i do enough of it myself

though lately i don't even mind that so much because all walkby sims are using drawing pad thing or molding clay which is even more offensive
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Ugh. I've literally never installed any mods outside of some CC. And I haven't even done that for this game though I've been wanting some better eyes (mostly expanded colors) and additional hairstyles. But beyond that I typically prefer to play vanilla. But this might be the thing that pushes me over the edge. LOL
  • Options
    I wish there was an "uninstall all apps" function on the phone so ALL it would be is a phone then. Then your Sim would only use it for calls and texts.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hear ya. I wish I could disable phones completely. They annoy the HECK out of me. No, I don't want to join your club! No, I don't want to come to your birthday party (and now I feel like a jerk for turning you down)! And I don't care if you know that I made friends with someone!

Although I will say, I don't get texts inviting my Sim to a birthday party anymore. Muting the phones seems to help with *some* things.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think you can disable the autonomy with MC Command Center, MC Tuner. If you go to https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner and then click on "here" and scroll down they have a list with phone actions that you can disable for autonomy. You need to add those to the mc_tuner.cfg file or add them manually in the game through the mc tuner settings.

Thanks that will be most helpful when I begin my ancestral game save again. They didn't have anything close to a phone back in the 18th century. I can just picture it now, my 6th great-grandfather calling his wife to say, "I'm on my way home from the scout we took, do you need me to stop by the Trading Post for something?" LOL Would have made things so much easier for Paul Revere to simply set up a phone bank and call the citizens of the Alert. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    logion wrote: »

Thanks that will be most helpful when I begin my ancestral game save again. They didn't have anything close to a phone back in the 18th century. I can just picture it now, my 6th great-grandfather calling his wife to say, "I'm on my way home from the scout we took, do you need me to stop by the Trading Post for something?" LOL Would have made things so much easier for Paul Revere to simply set up a phone bank and call the citizens of the Alert. :open_mouth:

Yes. :D I usually muted the cell phone and ignore the ringing most of the time, so I get less annoying calls, but this didn't prevent me from a call from school in my early 20th century save, where one of my child had cheated with a cell phone or broke into the computer. I've asked the director what he's talking about? What is a cell phone? What is a computer? These people are crazy.

If it would be existed at this time it be called aether-o-mat or aethertelegram or so. :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want a toggle to turn off the phones, who's with me?

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2021
    well yeah id like option to turn off incoming everything from phones

or different invites and things separately would be even nicer so you could say have the school calls but not the party invites or whatever you like
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I agree. in many in-game places, makes sense to have Sims on the phone. However in some circumstances, no way! Like in the middle of the jungle off the grid, as an example. ;)
    Anyways, being able to modify it like the "computer". (A phone is a mobile computer), it probably should be an in-game item with 'security settings'.
    Though I'm certain it's been programed "hard-coded" into the game.

Get off the phone!!! :p
    Get Off the Phone Song
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I wish we could have mods to stop ppl fiddling with their cell phone in real life, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I wish we could have mods to stop ppl fiddling with their cell phone in real life, too.

Haha! Good luck on that! :D
    The fear of being disconnected from one's phone (computer/internet/mobile device) is called nomophobia.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I don't so much mind getting calls as I just can't stand that my Sims are constantly fiddling with their phones. Knock it off already! LOL
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    nomophobia.

cause they have to be afraid of me saying "nomo! nomo! nomo being on your phone!"

• Options
    ArtOfKilling5ArtOfKilling5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe your Sims just have an addiction to phones? It is actually very funny to see how Artificial Intelligence is copying people from real life that are existing around you, hehe :smiley:

I would recommend you to change all passwords from your bank accounts on your own mobile phone or even create a https://m4bank.com/new bank account. You know, just in case if your sims will hack your phone :disappointed:
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2021
    I wish there was a way to do it without mods, because the phone thing is really annoying

Isn't there a technophobe lifestyle in the game? I always assumed it prevents phone use since they don't like technology.

Edit: Yep.
    Gjt0H2k.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    Seriously, is there some way to make your Sim stop fiddling with their phone all the flippin' time? It's incredibly annoying. I hate seeing people in real life constantly glued to their phone. I really don't want my Sims doing it.

I hear there is a mod for that.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The sims are addicted to all technology. I have to mod out phone use, especially for my decades save
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Isn't there a technophobe lifestyle in the game? I always assumed it prevents phone use since they don't like technology.

Edit: Yep.
    Gjt0H2k.jpg

Sadly this will not work for me. I DO have my Sims do things on the computer and call their friends on their phone. I just don't want them constantly fiddling with it without me telling them to. It's so annoying!