Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could pick ONE existing career to become a playable active career…

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Secret Agent
    Secret Agent! Oh, I would love that...

Granted, it could be argued that we already have this, in a way, since the MIB branch of the military career is playable from home, but bugging one person to listen to their private conversations for two minutes and calling it a day just isn't what comes to my mind when I think of a playable secret agent career. At least give us a little MORE to do...

Criminal is a close second. But then again, the base game secret agent career also has a criminal branch, so if we could still choose whether to become a diamond agent or a villain, and have both as active careers, that would be my dream come true!
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Other (specify in comments)
    Nanny/babysitter. I'd love to be a nanny to like 3 toddlers with a fussy or wild trait. It would be fun.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I couldn't decide between culinary and entertainer. They would be my first picks, but secret agent would be fun too.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Astronaut
    I picked astronaut as it sounded like it would be the most fun option.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Astronaut
    I want to go to space!
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Criminal
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I really want entertainer stuffs and maybe like secret agent, criminal and astronaut also be cool

BUT what I would absolutely love:

• Military
    just imagine how fun it be seeing all the military people do military stuff militarying about in military base? that be so fun?

i kind of make fake setting like that but it would have been nice to just like have it

• part time jobs as active ones

like actually having to babysit bunch of kids? just working at restaurant not owning one? just working at store not managing one? so much fun (well i suppose culinary also falls in this)

bonus: npc jobs like maid and repairman would be fun little active addition

• Law

now what could be more drama than taking your sims to courtroom over their crimes and consulting some troubled clients
    i would have loved this so much

I didn’t include these in the list because I reached the cap of options for the poll, but these are both fantastic ideas! Honestly I didn’t put much thought into either but your ideas make them sound really fun!
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Astronaut
    Astronaut or military would be fun. It would also be great if there had been a cross over between the active scientist career and strangervillle. Maybe another playthrough of the mystery, but from the scientist's perspective
  • Options
    RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Criminal
    I never choose the criminal career. I guess even in escapism gameplay I'm still too goody-goody. Lol. But I think if it were an active career, it could actually be fun and interesting and I would make a sim for that!
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Culinary
    Culinary would have tied in well with dine out. The other one would be artist with the art galleries.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    Secret Agent
    I love active careers…,,,and I mean like the real ones we have in get to work, with their own work place. They could add work at home to it too for those who like that , but, I absolutely love the careers where I can send my sim to an actual work place.

It was hard to pick between secret agent and criminal…… I want them both!! With their work places.

Who ever put together the get to work careers did a great job!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Astronaut
    Space the final frontier... Astronaut, or maybe a criminal? That's it, I want to be Darth Vader.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    High School Student (child/teen)
    School would probably be most engaging.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    Culinary
    I answered culinary, because I've forgot law! I would love some courtroom drama!
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2021
    Criminal
    I picked Criminal, since I have a lot of bad sims but you know what, I already have Basemental Drugs & Gangs. That mod is straight fire. It's redundant and the mod will probably be better anyway, I regret my vote now. Should've picked Elementary/High School.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Secret Agent
    It's hard to choose just one. All of them would be fun, but I know that no matter which one went into active career, I'd probably just pay attention to one sim having that job, and not playing that sim more than I do play all my rabbit hole career sims. I picked secret agent because I imagine it could contain some unexpected and fun challenges. Business would fit with more or my sims, but then again I can always build them an office and pretend they work there a few hrs every now and then.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Sailor Scout! Sorry, but I had to.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Astronaut
    Astronaut and secret agent would be the most interesting for me. Imagine space, being in the spaceship...reimagined sixam and aliens...so fun.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Freelancer for me. I don’t want to be stuck in the rabbit hole jobs.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Criminal
    Tough call, but I feel like criminal is the one that's most different from any of the others. It would give us something better to do with our "evil" Sims than just being mean all the time. Close seconds for me would be astronaut (would be awesome to have a whole space exploration pack) and secret agent.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3