Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    'Farming' never appealed to me. I love SoS games and the like but I couldn't see it in the sims. This small personal farm cottage style angle they went with suits me just perfectly. All those little buns in jumpers. Chickens and Llamas and Cows too :D
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    trineloe wrote: »
    I'm super excited! And I love the contest thingy!
    Btw, since English is my second language: I'm a little confused about the 22nd of July and the stuff from 2nd of September. Can anyone tell me what the deal is about that? Do you only get the extra content if you buy on/after the 2nd of September? 'Cause I NEED that wonderful bike, but waiting for so long to buy that pack? Or have I totally misunderstood what they're telling us? Haha :smiley:

It means that the pack will be available to buy on the 22nd of July and if you buy it before the 2nd of September you will also get those added items they showed at the end of the trailer 😊
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I saw cross-stitching and baking for kids! Absolutely love the cottage roofing. I wonder if all the animals take up a slot, cos you can dress them all - even the chickens lol. I wonder if they are free-roaming or tied to a shed of some sort.

I never expected llamas. I guess I would have preferred sheep, but llamas are ok.

I think they have to include llamas they're basically the game's mascot
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Super excited for this! Now I need to know if the cows, bunnies, and llamas are going to be pets (part of household). The chickens look like you just have to purchase the coop. This will go perfect with my eco living gameplays; I’m all about that country life! Was that bunny going to a hidden world?
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    trineloe wrote: »
    I'm super excited! And I love the contest thingy!
    Btw, since English is my second language: I'm a little confused about the 22nd of July and the stuff from 2nd of September. Can anyone tell me what the deal is about that? Do you only get the extra content if you buy on/after the 2nd of September? 'Cause I NEED that wonderful bike, but waiting for so long to buy that pack? Or have I totally misunderstood what they're telling us? Haha :smiley:

I think what they're saying is that if you buy the pack between the time it comes out and September 2nd, you'll get those items as a bonus, but not if you buy it later than that. By September 2 they may be ready to start publicizing another new pack of some kind.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I see a toddler with a trowel... sausage and mash, jam, a pond on a Lot? and it does look like the cows and llamas come attached to a shed.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    That's a really big pack... The trailer showed off so much... It has features for farming, family, community, even wild. That's is so much.
    After many packs where I didn't feel excitement, I actually feel kind of excited. We'll see what is coming there...

OMG that's more! Pond tool so you can make ponds where sims can swim in.
    I really thought I'm going to excitement-scream when Tomodachi Life comes for Switch, but I think I might do it right now.
    I'll be apologizing to my family and neighbors for the disturbance later.
  • Options
    trineloetrineloe Posts: 37 Member
    @EdithV, thank you so much! That sounds amazing! :smiley:
    Gallery ID: trineloe
    ~~ building life ~~
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2021
    https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/screen4ep11.jpg

Wait, is this a pond that our sims can actually swim in?
    I am so excited for this pack!
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    This maybe the first expansion pack I’m going to buy at full price need a bit more info fist also said if you order by September 2nd you get bonus items unless I read that wrong
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

Looks like pond tool is coming? Can be seen in trailer on 00:30 and on one of these promo shots as well!
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm so excited! This is making me feel nostalgic for the village I grew up in. Maybe I'll try and make my childhood home. Village fairs, vegetable competitions, I love it all.

The world looks fab, I'm super happy, just hoping it's a good size with some large lots for farms but some smaller ones in the center too. I'm desperate for a world map now.

I'm debating getting this on release, though I'll wait for more info before I decide, but I buy at full price if I really want it which is very rare for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    22nd of July. Just in time for my vacation! :)<3 I love the small animals (rabbits, chickens), the alpacas and the cow, we can paint it?!

Hah, what I'm getting on 22.7.2021 is the second dose of COVID vaccine.
    It's something, lol.

So far, I see a lot of nice stuff, though without the world (I really hope they will give us a couple of big lots this time) it's hard to judge. Also, a bit sad that there are no horses, but at least we get llamas and chickens.
    I hope the pack comes with a Cooking overhaul - without including eggs and such form the pack in recipes, it would feel half-done as a farm pack. And I hope for a plethora of new recipes.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    3 Pages in 20 minutes.
    Is that a record?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Llamas, cows, chickens, rabbits, birds, a fox instead of a dog that looks like a fox, quilting, crop growing, crop competitions, picnic baskets, pond terrain tools, they even seemed to hint at romance being a theme throughout the trailer, on first glance it looks very promising! But no horses, so I guess this marks the end of any potential for horses in the future. I was genuinely delighted by this trailer until "order before September 2nd to get bonus content," I thought those days were over. Regardless, I'm excited to get my hands on this pack. I hope that these new critters show up in other worlds too. I would love to see foxes and rabbits roaming around all my worlds, let's hope they didn't nerf them like they did with Cats and Dogs only appearing in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hope they keep this trailer style going forward. I never want to see English voiceovers ever again. I also like that it didn‘t just follow around one sim (aka a young adult female) but showed a variety of sims.

I was increasingly getting disappointed for the first 30 seconds or so because they focused so much on the rabbit so I was getting suspicious that this is all we get but oh boy they did deliver after that. I love my bag slapping queen, the llamas, cows, chickens, garden contests, just everything really.
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    After almost 7 years, do we finally have editable water/ponds in the game or are my eyes playing tricks? @0:29??
    Loved a Sims 4 trailer after a long time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top