Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Housing Problem

Hey guys. I am hoping that I am right so it is an easy fix, but I need answers please! My sim has started uni and moved into a dorm. Once she was there I used the free build cheat to add a stove. Things were ok for awhile even though the lot was 'incomplete'. Now though, I currently have three sims standing in their own pee, one unconcious on the floor and lots of pop ups from my roommates saying the facilities aren't good enough. Is this because the lot is incomplete? They literally have everything they need. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2021
    Dorms do not allow for stoves. Check the lot type to make sure it is still set for dorm. If that is not it, did you check what requirements you are missing?

194016167_126301132906310_4031060545377824212_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=bsXhhcNvGTIAX-wjKOF&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=012fb11e938c6b10739be93a0969a924&oe=60E04BCF

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    nJ3A0A5QTBBBW.png
    And if you are of the magical persuasion, they don't allow cauldrons either because it is considered a stove.

Pretty much killed the spirit of my hidden Spell Casters chamber up in my dorm's attic.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Dorms do not allow for stoves. Check the lot type to make sure it is still set for dorm. If that is not it, did you check what requirements you are missing?

194016167_126301132906310_4031060545377824212_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=bsXhhcNvGTIAX-wjKOF&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=012fb11e938c6b10739be93a0969a924&oe=60E04BCF

The only missing requirement is that I added the stove. They have toilets, so there is no reason they should be wetting themselves, there are beds, so there is no reason for them to be passed out on the floor, and everything else seems fine. They seem to just be standing around alot too. I'll go and de bug them and get rid of the stove and see what happens.
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Hey guys. I am hoping that I am right so it is an easy fix, but I need answers please! My sim has started uni and moved into a dorm. Once she was there I used the free build cheat to add a stove. Things were ok for awhile even though the lot was 'incomplete'. Now though, I currently have three sims standing in their own pee, one unconcious on the floor and lots of pop ups from my roommates saying the facilities aren't good enough. Is this because the lot is incomplete? They literally have everything they need. Thanks in advance!

I play very much a vanilla game and try to work around what we are given. I really can't be bothered using cheats and mods these days, or even building my own houses. Not that I haven't in the previous Sims games, but I prefer to find a way around without doing those things these days. I guess I must be feeling my age and don't have the time an energy anymore. LOL. I find with all the food that is made at the dorms putting in a small fridge to keep the food fresh with a microwave on the top, although I have never used the microwave. I don't see the point in wanting a cooker in the Dorm with food constantly being made magically!

With free food at the Commons area it can be a little limiting with the times they provide service, so I put in a cooker, fridge, sink and units in the Commons area and place any food left over in the fridge. I also added a bar so any of my Sims that wanted to make food and drink could do so. So much easier especially if I am taking a Sim with few skills and wanting to do degrees in culinary.

To be honest my Sims only use the Dorms to sleep and are rarely there. They spend more time in the Commons and other areas.

Personally I was very disappointed with Discover University. There seems lots to do with little time to get it all done. One of the problems with having a game that uses real time and moves on. I know we can take our Sims back to do other degrees but one can have too much of a good thing! LOL

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Thanks for everybody's replies! I realised that I completely forgot to update you all.

I got rid of the stove to make the lot 'complete' again, and now there are no issues. I don't know why having a stove stopped them from going to the toilet, but there we are. :D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You can have a microwave for cooking in the dorm. I wonder if the instant cooker from Snowy Escape works in the dorms?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Can the new Toaster Oven from DHD work in the dorms?
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Yes, I read that Sim Guru Frost said the toaster ovens could be used in DU dorms.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Very cool, thank you @Kironide :)
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Yes, I read that Sim Guru Frost said the toaster ovens could be used in DU dorms.

Ooh, that's great, because that new oven cooks the food a normal stove can cook doesn't it? I think I read that somewhere. :/
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    If you're on PC/Mac, there is a mod by LittleMsSam that allows stoves in dorms. It works fine, and she's good about updating mods and such.

I often use it as stoves are a normal part of dorms in the UK so it feels weird not having them especially in a UK themed world.