Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 & Origin Main Menu Quotes

Hello! :)
I never paid attention to this detail before, but recently I did it. Upon starting Sims 4, on the main menu, on the upper right corner there’s this Quotes, some of them are normal like “You’re here, (UserName)”, and others are super funny like “Banana fofana, (UserName)”
I also noticed similar Quotes appear on the Origin starting page
I think this detail is very cool, some of them are super funny lol :D
Someone else has noticed it?
Down here I will post a compilation I took from my own game
Someone else got different quotes than mine?
Which ones are your favorites?
Someone knows what this “Banana fofana” means? :D

Sims 4:
[img][/img]xDP8xfp.png
[img][/img]OeapmOJ.png

Origin:
[img][/img]6TCUqp2.png
[img][/img]NkFXWET.png

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited June 2021
    I knew about the ones in the game but didn't know Origin did it also. I have my Origin to open My Library instead of My Home. I like this addition though.

Edit: I haven't gotten any that are different from yours. Also, Banana fofana is from the name game. Basically, you take a person's name and rhyme, it's part of the rhyming.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I got one today that said “Get pizazzy, Chazzzy”. I thought that was cool and unique to me because it rhymed with my name.

Now I see everybody gets the same thing.

😔
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I love that, it cheers me up every time! I just recently saw the one on the game menu, it said "Gasp" It's simply Zoe!" I laughed out loud.

• Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    As Sweetie said, the banana fofana is a bit of the lyrics from The Name Game. It's an old silly song that was very common to teach young kids. It was often a silly way for a group of kids to introduce each other... one of those camp or classroom introductions type of things.

Hauk, Hauk, bo-bauk
    Banana-fana fo-fauk
    Fee-fi-mo-mauk
    Hauk!
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2021
    I love the "NationalPokedex! What a name!" one. And also, "Oh? A wild NationalPokedex." because it just sounds very fitting for a Pokemon inspired name.
    I always check these messages when I open Origin and the game. <3

"It's all going according to plan, NationalPokedex" is another really good one.
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I knew about the ones in the game but didn't know Origin did it also. I have my Origin to open My Library instead of My Home. I like this addition though.

Edit: I haven't gotten any that are different from yours. Also, Banana fofana is from the name game. Basically, you take a person's name and rhyme, it's part of the rhyming.
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    As Sweetie said, the banana fofana is a bit of the lyrics from The Name Game. It's an old silly song that was very common to teach young kids. It was often a silly way for a group of kids to introduce each other... one of those camp or classroom introductions type of things.

Hauk, Hauk, bo-bauk
    Banana-fana fo-fauk
    Fee-fi-mo-mauk
    Hauk!

Oh, that's what the "Banana fofana" meant, thank you for explaining ;)
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I got one today that said “Get pizazzy, Chazzzy”. I thought that was cool and unique to me because it rhymed with my name.

😔
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    I love that, it cheers me up every time! I just recently saw the one on the game menu, it said "Gasp" It's simply Zoe!" I laughed out loud.
    I love the "NationalPokedex! What a name!" one. And also, "Oh? A wild NationalPokedex." because it just sounds very fitting for a Pokemon inspired name.

I'm happy more people noticed this, those quotes are very funny :)

My favorites are "Banana fofana, ---" "Pew pew, lasers, ---" "Oh, a wild ---" "A rare ---" "OMG cowplant, ---" "Get pizzazy, ---" "Meep meep, ---" "Eeny meeny miny, ---" "--- Is the answer" "It's elementary, my dear ---" "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ---"
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    FurAndYarn wrote: »

Hauk, Hauk, bo-bauk
    Banana-fana fo-fauk
    Fee-fi-mo-mauk
    Hauk!

Now I have that song from American horror story stuck in my head
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2021

I got the same ones in my game, well translated to my language of course. The "what a name" was the first one I noticed.

I haven't noticed them in origin but I have set origin to open on my library.

😔

It has a nice ring to it combined with your name. ;) with my name it just sounds rediculous.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I noticed, but to me they seem mostly cringeworthy. :grimace: But I don't pay attention to them at all anymore, so it's all good.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

😔

cheatin on u how mean of them :disappointed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

😔

cheatin on u how mean of them :disappointed:

I know right? Smh