Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skills/hobbies missing on Likes and Dislikes

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2021
    Perhaps things will get added to it, I hope so anyway, I'd like favourite food, animal etc
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited May 2021
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I know this is very unlikely, but I'd really enjoy if they added a like/dislike for cats and dogs. I've seen other players on the forums say they don't want this because it would be duplicating a trait that already exists, but I'd rather free up trait slots for things that have more of an impact on gameplay.

I actually like the way it is with "Cat Lover" and "Dog Lover" currently. Because me being a Cat Lover/Cat Mom in real life is a big part of who I am/my identity. Like if someone asked me to describe myself, that's one of the first things I would mention.

I'd be okay if they added it as a dislike, but it would really make me mad if the moved Cat Lover from traits and demoted it to a mere like/dislike. Becuase as I said, it's a big part of who I am in real life and is therefore part of my Simself's identity too.

I don’t think they are asking to remove the trait, just to add it to likes and dislikes as well, to free up a trait for themselves. You can like an animal with out having a trait as Dog or cat lover, it helps cover more territory.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    edited June 2021
    The likes/dislikes system has so much potential. I really hope that the developers continue to add to it. I've been wanting a method for fine-tuning individual sim's autonomous behavior for a long time.

What I'd like to see added:

All the currently missing skills:
    archaeology
    charisma
    gourmet cooking
    fabrication (think this includes the candle making? I don't currently have EL)
    flower arranging
    herbalism
    juice fizzing
    knitting
    logic
    parenting
    pet training
    Selvadoradian culture
    vampire lore
    veterinarian

Even if not all of these make sense to the developers, I'm sure that simmers will find a use of for them.

I'd like to see some of the skills that are listed split up into different activity preferences:
    Fitness split into: Running (jogging and treadmill), swimming, martial arts (boxing and martial arts), weight lifting, and sports (basketball and soccer)
    Wellness split into: Meditation, yoga, and pampering (massage and soaks)

This would allow players to create sims that focus on a particular aspect of those more generalized skills. For example, I'd like to be able to create a sim that loves swimming but doesn't like playing basketball.

I'd like to see non-skill activities added:
    reading
    hiking
    cleaning
    foosball
    horseshoes
    ping-pong
    camping (using tent)
    darts
    figure skating
    roller skating
    drinking bar drinks
    playing in the snow (snowpals, snow angels, snowball fights)
    playing in the sand (beach-combing and sand sculptures)
    sunbathing
    etc. (there are a lot more I'm probably missing in this list)

Because I want a way of customizing individual sims' autonomy regarding these activities even though they have no skill associated with them, or the skill is hidden.

I definitely want kids' activities added:
    playing with dollhouse
    playing with toys
    playing Void Critters
    playing on playground equipment (jungle gyms, monkey bars, swings)

Because currently, kids just have a reduced list of adult activities and none of the kid-specific activities.

I'd like to see special skill/levels systems added:
    vampire powers
    magic
    fame

This would enhance storytelling about vampires, spellcasters and celebrities who have specific feelings about what they are (they like it or they don't like it). For example, I have a vampire who (in my head-cannon) hates being a vampire. It would be cool if I could set him to dislike vampire powers so he'd get a bad moodlet from using them.

Also, it would be great if setting vampire powers, magic or fame as "likes" would cause that sim to autonomously use vampire powers, magic or do fame building actions, and "dislike" would prevent them from doing those things autonomously. I think a lot of simmers would really like to be able to have this kind of behavior customization with vampires, spellcasters and celebrities.

I'd also like to be able to set likes and dislikes for sims' reactions to the occult types:
    ghosts
    vampires
    aliens
    spellcasters
    mermaids
    plant sims

This would allow for more interesting storytelling if some sims, for example, dislike vampires and avoid them, while other sims get excited to meet them and want to interact with them.

I think it would be nice to have all the types of socializing be something that could be set to like/dislike as well:
    friendly
    funny
    mischievous
    romantic
    mean

We already have "mischief" and "comedy" as like/dislike options because they are associated with skills, but I'd like to see them included in a specifically social interaction form (for better customization, for example a sim who dislikes doing comedy routines but likes being funny with friends). And I'd like the other missing social interaction types (friendly, romantic and mean) to be things sims can like or dislike.

And I would like these broad categories added to the likes and dislikes system:
    movie genre
    weather
    food and beverages

I know that some of these can be set through gameplay, but I'd like the option to do it in CAS as well.

In general, I am really happy with the likes/dislikes system (though I did add Bienchen's mod to stop all the pop-ups). And I would really like to see more added to it, as long as choosing "like" or "dislike" continues to affect the sim's autonomous behavior.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The likes/dislikes system has so much potential. I really hope that the developers continue to add to it. I've been wanting a method for fine-tuning individual sim's autonomous behavior for a long time.

What I'd like to see added:

All the currently missing skills:
    archaeology
    charisma
    gourmet cooking
    fabrication (think this includes the candle making? I don't currently have EL)
    flower arranging
    herbalism
    juice fizzing
    knitting
    logic
    parenting
    pet training
    Selvadoradian culture
    vampire lore
    veterinarian

Even if not all of these make sense to the developers, I'm sure that simmers will find a use of for them.

I'd like to see some of the skills that are listed split up into different activity preferences:
    Fitness split into: Running (jogging and treadmill), swimming, martial arts (boxing and martial arts), weight lifting, and sports (basketball and soccer)
    Wellness split into: Meditation, yoga, and pampering (massage and soaks)

This would allow players to create sims that focus on a particular aspect of those more generalized skills. For example, I'd like to be able to create a sim that loves swimming but doesn't like playing basketball.

I'd like to see non-skill activities added:
    reading
    hiking
    cleaning
    foosball
    horseshoes
    ping-pong
    camping (using tent)
    darts
    figure skating
    roller skating
    drinking bar drinks
    playing in the snow (snowpals, snow angels, snowball fights)
    playing in the sand (beach-combing and sand sculptures)
    sunbathing
    etc. (there are a lot more I'm probably missing in this list)

Because I want a way of customizing individual sims' autonomy regarding these activities even though they have no skill associated with them, or the skill is hidden.

I definitely want kids' activities added:
    playing with dollhouse
    playing with toys
    playing Void Critters
    playing on playground equipment (jungle gyms, monkey bars, swings)

Because currently, kids just have a reduced list of adult activities and none of the kid-specific activities.

I'd like to see special skill/levels systems added:
    vampire powers
    magic
    fame

This would enhance storytelling about vampires, spellcasters and celebrities who have specific feelings about what they are (they like it or they don't like it). For example, I have a vampire who (in my head-cannon) hates being a vampire. It would be cool if I could set him to dislike vampire powers so he'd get a bad moodlet from using them.

Also, it would be great if setting vampire powers, magic or fame as "likes" would cause that sim to autonomously use vampire powers, magic or do fame building actions, and "dislike" would prevent them from doing those things autonomously. I think a lot of simmers would really like to be able to have this kind of behavior customization with vampires, spellcasters and celebrities.

I'd also like to be able to set likes and dislikes for sims' reactions to the occult types:
    ghosts
    vampires
    aliens
    spellcasters
    mermaids
    plant sims

This would allow for more interesting storytelling if some sims, for example, dislike vampires and avoid them, while other sims get excited to meet them and want to interact with them.

I think it would be nice to have all the types of socializing be something that could be set to like/dislike as well:
    friendly
    funny
    mischievous
    romantic
    mean

We already have "mischief" and "comedy" as like/dislike options because they are associated with skills, but I'd like to see them included in a specifically social interaction form (for better customization, for example a sim who dislikes doing comedy routines but likes being funny with friends). And I'd like the other missing social interaction types (friendly, romantic and mean) to be things sims can like or dislike.

And I would like these broad categories added to the likes and dislikes system:
    movie genre
    weather
    food and beverages

I know that some of these can be set through gameplay, but I'd like the option to do it in CAS as well.

In general, I am really happy with the likes/dislikes system (though I did add Bienchen's mod to stop all the pop-ups). And I would really like to see more added to it, as long as choosing "like" or "dislike" continues to affect the sim's autonomous behavior.

Preach. Exactly.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif