Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skills/hobbies missing on Likes and Dislikes

matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
  • Archaeology (Jungle Adventure)
  • Herbalism (Outdoor Retreat)
  • Flower Arranging (Seasons)
  • Pet Training (Cats and Dogs)
  • Veterinarian (Cats and Dogs)
  • Fabrication (Eco Lifestyle)
  • Fizzy Juicing (Eco Lifestyle)
  • Knitting (Nifty Knitting)
  • Medium (Paranormal)

Any other hobby/skill missing?
Post edited by EA_Neil on

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I immediately noticed chess and knitting because my current family do those.

That's a long list of missing items!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    maybe this was a test to see how the hobbies work and once they figure it out they'll be more added.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2021
    I can't believe all these were missed! I am particularly disappointed I can't choose knitting so I hope it is added in the near future. I would also like a logic/chess option.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Logic (not an activity, but playing chess, using the observatory and microscope are).
    Playing Voidcritters (not a skill, but definitely an activity)

Other activities that aren't skills:
    Reading
    Watching TV
    Taking a Walk

Wow! Reading isn't an option? At least half of my sims will be so upset!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    maybe this was a test to see how the hobbies work and once they figure it out they'll be more added.

My thoughts also. I think we'll see more in future patches.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    That's disappointing, but hopefully as the core feature has been implemented into the game now, it shouldn't be too difficult to keep adding to them. I really hope they do not let this feature go stale like certain other features... :p
  • Options
    Well, the patch notes do refer to this as the "first sweep" of adding likes/dislikes, so hopefully it will be an ongoing project. Still, I'm surprised by some of the ones that were left out.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I was about to make a thread on this. I wanted a sim to love flower arranging and fabrication and knitting! I really hope they add these quickly!!!
  • Options
    I guess gourmet cooking falls under cooking? It's a separate skill, so I would have expected it to be a separate hobby especially since they listed baking separately.

There's also vampire lore, someone could enjoy reading up on vampires as a hobby.
  • Options
    Ok, now that I've had a chance to look... I still love the system over all, but I'm not sure how they prioritized which things they did and didn't add at this point. Like, pipe organ and media production were apparently really essential choices, but not reading/tv/knitting/swimming/hiking?

I was also hoping we would have favorite foods, like we did in TS3, but maybe they can expand the system with that later.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My knitting sims are going to be so sad about this. :D
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My knitting sims are going to be so sad about this. :D

I'm quite gutted, since I knit irl *sobs into pillow*
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    • Medium (Paranormal)

I wanted to use archeology and herbalism as likes. :( I hope these are an oversight and will be patched in later on.

Should we tag a sim guru in this thread?
  • Options
    @Atreya33 they would probably ignore it with it being on the forums. Happily, I have seen some people tagging SimGuruNick on Twitter and he asked for a list of missing ones, so they have been getting detailed by people over there.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I guess gourmet cooking falls under cooking? It's a separate skill, so I would have expected it to be a separate hobby especially since they listed baking separately.

There's also vampire lore, someone could enjoy reading up on vampires as a hobby.

I’m pretty sure baking is only separate because it’s from Get to Work instead of the base game.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was surprised to see that there were no water related activities. My sims love to swim & spend time in the ocean. I also wish that there was an activity for listening to music.
    Post edited by SimDork23 on
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Not a hobby or skill per se, but the earbuds are not compatible with the like/dislike system
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    • Medium (Paranormal)

Medium, vet, and pet training are not hobbies, they're skills. They don't really need a spot.

As far as reading and things like others have suggested, I guess it's kind of pointless because there's already relating traits like bookwork that effect autonomy and fun. It might be nice to see sims dislike it though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Medium, vet, and pet training are not hobbies, they're skills. They don't really need a spot.

As far as reading and things like others have suggested, I guess it's kind of pointless because there's already relating traits like bookwork that effect autonomy and fun. It might be nice to see sims dislike it though.

They are activities, which one might or might not enjoy. And a lot of people are asking for them, which means obviously they are not pointless.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I would like spellcasting to be added. I know it is not really a hobby, but if adding it meant my spellcasters could automansly cast spells once i assigned it to them as i like, i would like that very much.
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Why? :( Why no flower arranging? Why no juice fizzing? :'(
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I really hope that they will add the missing ones in the next patch, it is such a shame...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    occult activities, knitting, chess/board games and reading are some i really missed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free