Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will you do as soon as you grab your Dream Home Decorator copy?

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
I will challenge myself to complete a 10 generation legacy whose only rule is that in each generation there must be one and only one Home Decorator.

I think i'll be able to play this career over and over and over :lol:
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    Well, good luck :D I think if you get to the last gen, your world is filled with your renovated lots :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'm going to (hopefully) have my Gen 5 Heir Augustus ready and aged up to paint the world pink. :smile: He's going to do a full remodel of the legacy house, then he'll go for grander exploits. I'm thinking.....the Goths. >:)

Currently he's only a toddler though, so the pink is confined to his bedroom.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Going to start a clean save and test it all, just like I do for every new pack.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    If those wall shelves and things are modular pieces, I’m going to play around a bit with those. I’m going to play around with the modular sofa’s too.

I can’t wait to see what all I can place under those bunk beds without cheats too. I have a couple of children/teen sims that have very small rooms. I can’t wait to add a few things to the rooms.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Give my sims an updated kitchen and place that stove top in all my households, place sectional sofas in most of my households. Also give my sims perfect walk-in closets to get rid of the GT closets
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nothing cause I don’t like building.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Will start to renovate all the houses I have in the save. All the "imaginary" walk in closets will be the first to go and the "imaginary" tv consoles that I've build out of kitchen shelves and then the granny kitchens in apartments will be replaced too and many other little things in all the houses.

Then I will create a character for the career (I always add a new character for each career in the game to my save) and will test out the gameplay.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmm... not sure, because normally I like to go through my worlds and update some random houses with a bit of the new stuff. But I guess that is what the career is all about lol.

Maybe I'll turn one of my current uni students into a home decorator and do it that way.
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    edited May 2021
    I want to make an evil interior decorator who ruins her clients' homes, either by making it tacky or by going exceeding the budget.. Or both >:) I'll finally be able to use some of the tacky items we got in Get Famous!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm doing a challenge in which a Sim will have to complete 10 gigs (in addition to other requirements). I'm hoping that some of my Sims will be finished with their careers by the time this comes out. And of course, I want to use all of the new build mode stuff.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't know!!!! :cry:
    I think I'm too excited to plan for it haha.

I had a Sim who I pretended was an Interior Designer in an old save, so I could find her, and possibly age her down and play a sort of "prequal" story line about the start of her career.

Or I could put a new Sim through university now, so that they are ready to start their career by release day.

• Options
    stormyariesstormyaries Posts: 6 New Member
    that's an awesome idea
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I will renovate my sims houses with built in stoves and sectional sofas. My sims clothing store will get a make over with all the clothing decorations. I think the shelves and new bunk beds will also end up in many builds. After I am done building and decorating, I will see if I let my sims decorate with the new career. So far I am more interested in the BB than the gameplay. But that might change once we find out more.

It will be a while, though because I won't get the new pack right away. Probably after a few months in a sale or a bundle with the summer EP.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Start a new save and dive right in to that career!

Well that's after I check out all of the new objects!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Update some of my 20th Century Homes in my 20th Century Game Save.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    Overuse that counter top stove and little oven.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Since I'm doing a challenge now, probably make sure my next sims house will be a mid-century modern type. Then decorate it with the stuff from the pack.
    I do want to do what @IreneLudwig said also... definitely. I want to make a tacky over the top decorator that ruins things, but maybe still succeeds in the career... because that's funny.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Basically every house is getting a new sofa and stove. Haha
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    As @Ellupelluellu said, overuse the counter top stove and oven. I don't see any of my current households being interior designers but I've only just started playing that save, so who knows what I decide to do.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Probably nothing. I just download it and let it be. I may use some of those new ovens, though. I'll probably use the items when some of my Sims move in to a new home.
    I'm afraid I have no skills of building anything new with those shelves that you can connect, so I hope they will come with some presets that I can just use and get it done with. I hate those kind of things and I don't want any hassle with them.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm building a modern, open loft for my future Home Decorator, Cathy Mendor (Pronounced Men-door). Key features will include, a white kitchen with double stoves, a completely open floorplan, aside form the restroom, a flat screen TV, as well as a back patio with a hot Tub In the middle of the pool.

Edit: I made Cathy Mendor!

05-23-21-9-46-57-PM.png

Post edited by MyriadSims on
  • Options
    Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    I can’t wait to utilise the designer career to redecorate the homes in my save (I recently started a new save made completely of premades). This was my favourite feature from sims 3 ambitions, so I’m glad it has made a return.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Going to start a clean save and test it all, just like I do for every new pack.

I usually start a new save for each pack as well. I just plan to play the career possibly with Sofia as the designer.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'll do what I usually do which is check out what's new in Buy/Build mode first, then I'll check for new Live mode gameplay, and lastly I'll check for new CAS assets.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    One of the first things I'll probably be doing is that I'll edit the likes and dislikes in my rotation. It's huge so that will take a while before I'll really play that pack. I will have someone be a decorator in that main save.

I've got someone who is a fashion stylist living by herself in a large base game house in Willow Creek. She might end up changing her career. If not her then someone else, maybe she'll get a new roommate. I might pick someone growing up or someone new that I'll make for this.

In the near future, I'll probably just have one decorator. I don't play with simselves, it'll be a bit random. I played Strangerville with a random character and that was a lot of fun.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.