Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    They are all simply gorgeous! ♥️
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Welcome @SimDork23 (I love your name, I think we are all Sim dorks here :lol: ).

@Hearts4u I love how they matched Sims to the rooms style/colour theme too. I love the elder Sim's outfit in the last picture.

Also, look at the ceiling light in the first picture! (I saw it in white too). I've wanted new ceiling lights for a long time, and they are gorgeous.

Even though I wish we didn't have to wait any longer, I enjoy sharing the excitement and lead-up with you all. :heart:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    What are those octahedral molecule looking things and why did we need two of them? Are they a hint for future packs?

EnRQ1Go.jpg

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    What did you have in mind?

[quote=What are those octahedral molecule looking things and why did we need two of them? Are they a hint for future packs? [/quote]

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,960 Member
    Welcome @SimDork23 (I love your name, I think we are all Sim dorks here :lol: )
    Haha I so wanted to say that too :smiley:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    What did you have in mind?

[quote=What are those octahedral molecule looking things and why did we need two of them? Are they a hint for future packs?

They kind of look like souvenir tetrapods. :lol:

Amintire%20de%20la%20mare.jpg?606
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Wow, that's an impressive decorative piece! As for future pack ideas.... Maybe we're getting Dinosaurs? :D
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Whomever designed the builds/interior for the after shots did an amazing job. The combination of various colors and different styles that were used is truly inspiring.
    Interior-designer-1.jpg

It's going to be really nice to be able to put that violin somewhere other than on the floor against a wall. Nice.

• Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I didn't even know about this. And I had reached that stage where I decided I wouldn't spend any more Sims money.

But home decorating is my funnest thing. I like doing it irl as well.

Darn. *shakes fist at EA*
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    edited May 2021
    I’m looking forward to the livestream to see what they’ve got in store for us but it’s looking less likely that I’ll be buying the pack on release day (mainly because my MBP was having a battery issue and I only have a few days left on the AppleCare warranty so I took it in to have it fixed and they have to send it to an offsite repair and I might not get it back by June 1st as I don’t think they’ll mail it there for a few days yet.)

Till then, I got my old MB Air, which can run Sims 3, Legacy version of 4 and Medieval (or I can play the base game on XBox) and I can use it to keep up to date on the upcoming news for summer of sims.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2021
    CK213 wrote: »

I am going to approach it like I did the Stylist career by combining a related business with the career.
    05-22-21_7-04-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My sim will purchase this lot and slowly build her Business selling just decor initially, but eventually sell full furniture sets.
    Of course she will be offering her design services as well.

What building is that off to the right? I mean the upper right. and the one to the right right too if ya wanna share. :D

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Whomever designed the builds/interior for the after shots did an amazing job. The combination of various colors and different styles that were used is truly inspiring.
    Interior-designer-1.jpg

It's going to be really nice to be able to put that violin somewhere other than on the floor against a wall. Nice.

I didn't notice the violin storage! It looks like there are loads more storage/shelving options. It always annoyed me how clutter items don't always fit on every shelf. For a Clutterbug like me, this is a dream come true!
  • Options
    AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Nothing to complain about this pack. Ok it doesn't have cars but being an obnoxious interior designer also suits my style. B)
  • Options
    Antwerpo wrote: »
    Nothing to complain about this pack. Ok it doesn't have cars but being an obnoxious interior designer also suits my style. B)

The only complaint I have is that I have to wait until June 1st! :lol:
    (I'm less an obnoxious interior designer, and more an inpatient one haha).
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I have seen myself playing and thinking why don't i have the new pack already?? It's so hard to play when we're waiting for a new pack :lol:
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »

I have seen myself playing and thinking why don't i have the new pack already?? It's so hard to play when we're waiting for a new pack :lol:

I want to start setting up for the new pack, creating a new Sim, or putting an existing Sim through University to get ready for a new career...but I want to wait until I have more info on the 25th.

I might start putting lots in empty spaces and moving in new families ready for a make-over.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I want to start setting up for the new pack, creating a new Sim, or putting an existing Sim through University to get ready for a new career...but I want to wait until I have more info on the 25th.

I might start putting lots in empty spaces and moving in new families ready for a make-over.

I've a new vampire (in my profile pic) that will be my permanent home decorator in my small 6 household's rotation. She'll be in charge of renovating the world(s) slowly.
  • Options

I've a new vampire (in my profile pic) that will be my permanent home decorator in my small 6 household's rotation. She'll be in charge of renovating the world(s) slowly.

Ohhh a vampire interior decorator sounds interesting. :smile:
    In saying that, I have a mermaid stylist. :lol:
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone does with this pack!
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2021
    > @GirlFromIpanema said:
    > Welcome @SimDork23 (I love your name, I think we are all Sim dorks here :lol: ).
    >

Haha, thank you, @GirlFromIpanema & @Ellupelluellu!! My sister used to call me that as a joke, so I thought that would be the perfect name on here, lol.

Thank you, @Babykittyjade!! I’m so excited!! :smiley:

I agree about finally having somewhere to put the violin! It’s going to look great “put away”, lol.
    Post edited by SimDork23 on
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Is it weird that I'm most excited about the clutter items? And to continue with my possibly niche interests, I really, really hope they upload the trailer Sims to the Maxis gallery! Miss Patina, that couple from the cover artwork, that goth Sim... I love them all!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    edited May 2021
    CK213 wrote: »

I am going to approach it like I did the Stylist career by combining a related business with the career.
    05-22-21_7-04-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My sim will purchase this lot and slowly build her Business selling just decor initially, but eventually sell full furniture sets.
    Of course she will be offering her design services as well.

What building is that off to the right? I mean the upper right. and the one to the right right too if ya wanna share. :D

That's Paddywack's Emporium, an original Magnolia Promenade lot.
    05-23-21_7-57-19_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I edited when I was creating an Herbal Shop business for another Mother/Daughter team: Priya and Riya Ramaswami.
    05-22-20_8-54-57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

05-23-21_7-59-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    This shop is really for all my other sims, so they can buy herbal remedies and potions when they don't have the skills or reward points to acquire them on their own.
    05-23-21_8-00-11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

05-23-21_8-00-42_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I added a greenhouse so she can grow her own herbs.
    05-23-21_8-01-06_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She prepares them and stores surplus stock up here.
    05-23-21_8-02-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And she's a bit witchy, so she doesn't have to go off to the woods to hunt for bugs.
    05-23-21_8-01-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @CK213 That's such a good idea I'm going to copy it!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,960 Member

Okay, I got carried away a bit :joy:

So, Eliza and Bob, wanted a new kitchen, as their old was... well.. old.
    MWgyJTq.png

Eliza and Bob had 3 wishes, a pool, blue and spider web... yes sounds perfect for a kitchen, right?
    Eliza: "This was Bob can eat as many pancakes as he wishes, as he has to have some exercise before even getting to the fridge!"

Result:
    DtpFaMt.png

Rest under the spoiler:
    rEEmzY7.png
    5T4t5ht.png
    SFH3OWp.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    @Ellupelluellu awesome job! All you need now is a system to get paid for your design skills. 😀

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top