Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2021
    logion wrote: »
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Screenshot%202021-05-20%20201432.png?dl=0

I'm thinking the two tables represent furniture preference, modern verse gothic maybe? I hope they tell us what furniture fits in what category as I know very little about furniture types.

If there are going to be preferences by style, then maybe they will go with the categories they already have in the filters in the buy mode (the filter items drop down menu). So you will be able to see there what furniture the game is considering a certain type even if you are not familiar at all.

That could be it but...it sounds like that could restrict you a lot in what furniture you could use if you only have the base game and this pack.

That depends. I would assume "Likes" are things sims really enjoy, so would get bonus points for using them. "Dislikes" are unwanted things and likely lose points for using these. Everything else is neutral and could be used, but doesn't give extra points. If we are only allowed a limited number of Preferences (Likes/Dislikes) then most things will be neutral for most sims.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i am happy with this new pack i plan on renovating lots of my sims houses in game aka modern kitchen new bedroom
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Ooooh the BB! The BB! THE BB!!!! <3
    That alone seems worth 20 bucks to me!
    and on a serious note, VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:
    will we actually get a decorative, potted cowplant???
    TS4_GP10-Dream-Home-Decor_OWNED_YT_1080p-0926.jpg
    I wants it, I needs it!!!!

The cowplant spawns it's own pot if dragged from being planted on terrain to being placed on floor tiles in build mode (with MOO).
    Holiday wrote: »

The grown adult sim crawling onto that like a toddler... :confounded:

It makes sense for animation reasons. If there's a mesh variant with arms both sides (we've seen with arms one side in trailer) or if the side is positioned against a wall then accessing from the bottom means they can use the same animation for each variant.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    The conspirator in me... 🤣🤣🤣

Now I'm really intrigued. :* What does Pampas grass have to do with farming? It might have more to do with a Safari?

Problably :lol: it made me think of hay (i hope i'm choosing the right word). But safari would be cooler :lol:

I've just read on Wikipedia that some people used to plant pampas grass to indicate they're into swinging. LOL. So maybe bonding with nature is about hippies, free love and occasional nudity? 😄
    Just joking haha.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    What a fun thread to read through! I really hope you enjoy what you've seen so far and can't wait for the Livestream to dive into the career. Will be super interesting to see how simmers renovate the various houses and businesses in the neighborhoods; especially for some of the more well known NPC sims. I'm excited.

You were drawn to this thread by all the talk of pampas grass, weren't you?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    What a fun thread to read through! I really hope you enjoy what you've seen so far and can't wait for the Livestream to dive into the career. Will be super interesting to see how simmers renovate the various houses and businesses in the neighborhoods; especially for some of the more well known NPC sims. I'm excited.

Renovating houses and businesses!!! Businesses!! Ayyyy mama mia!! :smiley:
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I cannot wait for the live stream! I’ve already finished my prepping for the game, lol. I cleaned out my favorite family’s house & decided on a home for my interior designer sim self—the Fountainview penthouse in San Myshuno. :) Of course that will be getting a revamp, as well!

Sorry for the double post, but I really wish that they would give us black & white trimming for every color option.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    In another thread I mentioned how I wanted an ikea stuff pack before we knew what this pack was.
    I guess I got what I wanted lol :)
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

As cool as it is that we're getting couch configuration, I'm afraid that this new feature will only apply to the new sofas from the pack. I don't think the devs thought to include base game couches or couches from the other DLC. But of course, we haven't seen the livestream yet so I could be wrong but I have a pretty good feeling.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

As cool as it is that we're getting couch configuration, I'm afraid that this new feature will only apply to the new sofas from the pack. I don't think the devs thought to include base game couches or couches from the other DLC. But of course, we haven't seen the livestream yet so I could be wrong but I have a pretty good feeling.

SimguruNinja says "the new sofas (...) are super customizable." I think it will only be for the new sofas and exclusive to the pack...
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Phantasi33 wrote: »

SimguruNinja says "the new sofas (...) are super customizable." I think it will only be for the new sofas and exclusive to the pack...

I do hope some of the sofas have pillows. So far, they all seem like they don’t have no cushion on them. It would of been nice if they added the ability to add pillows and throw overs
    edited May 2021
    Justin wrote: »
    In another thread I mentioned how I wanted an ikea stuff pack before we knew what this pack was.
    I guess I got what I wanted lol :)

I’m right there with you! I’ve always told my friends how I wished that the Sims would release either an IKEA or HGTV stuff pack. I never thought that we would get an entire game pack of something like this, so it’s even more than I was hoping for! I’m glad that we both finally got what we wanted. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I think I might cave and download some cc pillows if we don't get any. Those sofas are crying out for pillows.
    I think I might cave and download some cc pillows if we don't get any. Those sofas are crying out for pillows.

Would be nice if they added standalone pillows as objects or something. We can then use MOO to place the pillows on the sofa. I know many, including myself don’t use CC so that would be a nice addition. Idk, just a thought :)
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I am so stoked my Dudes/Dudettes/& NB Dudeletts! I actually told my husband a year ago that this was my dream pack & even described it in the same exact way that they seem to have designed it. So if my literal dream became a reality, then I am itching to get that pack because other than my revolution for height added to ts4 (lol) this has always been most definitely my dream pack. Even to a point where I just figured it was too good an idea & would never actually be!!! But Er-Mah-Gerd, Guys!!! It's real and coming!!!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

So, sims will get favourite colour, decor style and hobbies. Can't wait to hear more!
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I wonder if 3 likes will mean 3 dislikes. This excites me.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Justin wrote: »

Would be nice if they added standalone pillows as objects or something. We can then use MOO to place the pillows on the sofa. I know many, including myself don’t use CC so that would be a nice addition. Idk, just a thought :)

That would be nice.

I bet they didn't add cushions to any of the modular sofas because of the different ways of putting them together and different shapes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top