Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New architect or interior designer pack coming in hot!

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Ha, I commented on this to a simmer a few days ago.
    CK213 wrote: »
    For me I like interior designing and character creation.

I hope they bring Design career to TS4.
    It was nice to have decorating and building as game play for your sims.

@ThheFornicator
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I never guessed this, but I am really excited about it! I can’t wait for the trailer tomorrow. Isn’t the lead time between trailer and release about 2 weeks for GPs? If so that would put it right at the beginning of June.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Wow! Now I can honestly say this is the first pack I"m genuinely excited for in years and years!

This makes me excited and gets me renewed interest in playing the game.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Looks fun.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    Looks like more stuff we can already do in the game but they’re putting a spin on it by giving it an actual title and “career” just like they did when they gave us the rest of the freelance careers.
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    I am so freaking excited!! If this is like an interior design career, it's going to help me practice so much! Also, I hope you can do a 'bad job'/good job and maybe there's reputation behind that. Can't wait to see what it is and how it works with the trailer tomorrow!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It does seem like they are out of ideas for new exciting gameplay and is catering more towards those who are into CAS and BB
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Seems awfully small for a Game Pack. One career? I'm pretty sure it's only the Interior Design Career, not Architecture.

I hope it's a very fleshed out career!
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Drat... I was really hoping for bands. As someone who doesn't build at all, this pack will likely be a pass from me.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    since the focus is on build/buy, fingers crossed they'll finally let us paint ceilings
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hoping for modular couches and round pool shapes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Interior Design was fun in sims 3. @dyl_andwhat painting the ceiling would be awesome. So tired of white ceilings in my "darker" households.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Seems awfully small for a Game Pack. One career? I'm pretty sure it's only the Interior Design Career, not Architecture.

But we don't know everything it comes with!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It has to be purple... and the other says sleek and modern. I really like that they are saying what they want.
    I'm not a good builder or decorator though so it's kind of a scary concept for me but still intriguing. Guess I could always make a big purple and cheap mess in a play room and see how that works? Better let me be deviant at least, I can do that.
    Sounds like a really sweet pack for builder/players though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Interior Design was fun in sims 3. @dyl_andwhat painting the ceiling would be awesome. So tired of white ceilings in my "darker" households.

I have to ask, because I've seen requests for being able to paint the ceilings for ages now. I never see my ceilings in the Sims...what are you guys doing that I'm not? :lol:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    bixters wrote: »

But we don't know everything it comes with!!

Agree. Plus most game packs have been pretty good with no careers. Just new skills and aspirations.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I have to ask, because I've seen requests for being able to paint the ceilings for ages now. I never see my ceilings in the Sims...what are you guys doing that I'm not? :lol:

Hahahaha. I use tab mode a lot to get a good look at everything and I love screen shots. Plus I use the sims 3 camera. So I look at "all" angles and often see the ceiling😑
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2021
    1 career isn't enough for a game pack, I don't care how fleshed out it is. The concept of architect designing was fun in the sims 3, but most of it is just build and buy mode, something that already exists. All they'd be doing is adding an official career with pay, most likely freelance.

We've already been shown that a career is totally doable in a stuff pack. We got the ghost hunter freelance career, one of the best and most fleshed out careers in the game.

1 career does not a game pack make. There needs to be more.

The thing is, people are asking for rounded pools and painted ceiling tiles etc, which are all great, but those things CANNOT be pack exclusive. Build features have to be patched in, to allow compatability with the gallery. They may have a ladder exclusive to a pack, but a basic one will be patched in for free. It will be the same if we ever get spiral stairs.

Build features will always be patched in, therefore they cannot be considered a pack feature.

One career isn't going to cut it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the architect career in sims 3 and I've wanted to see it return, but it's not enough content to warrant a $20 price tag when we've seen that they can add careers for half that. There needs to be more to this pack if they want my purchase.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    Some1 on Twitter posted an old survey and the interior design was mentioned. The pack idea was more about real estate, you could sell and decorate house, something like that. That would fit a Game Pack.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    iilianah75 wrote: »
    Some1 on Twitter posted an old survey and the interior design was mentioned. The pack idea was more about real estate, you could sell and decorate house, something like that. That would fit a Game Pack.

I agree that would fit the scope of a game pack.

Ideally, I'd like owning a business to return from sims 3. I could buy a community lot, or just become a partner and earn revenue from it. I didn't just have to have a retail store, I could own a night club, an art studio etc and make money without selling anything.

I also want the ability to own multiple homes again.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    iilianah75 wrote: »

I so hope it's made this way! I love the idea of buying second homes for my wealthiest sims and having the ability to put the houses in the market and actually sell them...? it's the cherry on top :)
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    "Buy and Makeover Homes- Start your own real estate empire by buying downtrodden homes, making them over and selling them for a profit".
    That was the pitch.
    So maybe will get some kind of mix.
    I am pretty sure there will be more than just Decorating homes. Game Pack are supposed to be in-depth.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

Hahahaha. I use tab mode a lot to get a good look at everything and I love screen shots. Plus I use the sims 3 camera. So I look at "all" angles and often see the ceiling😑

Oh I see, thank you! I tend to just find a pretty corner in my Sim's room and focus on that haha.
    See, I don't think I've ever even painted a ceiling in real life either. I think I'd feel too boxed in.

I don't know if I mind so much about painting ceilings in Sims, but I wouldn't mind wooden beams or other fixtures, especially for grander or character properties.

This would be one of those things I never knew I needed, but would probably use it all the time if we got it!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'll be happy and excited for this pack IF it gives us the missing build tools and items we still don't have in this game that previous iterations have had (pond tool, painting ceilings, round walls, spiral stairs, etc). If it's just a renovating/decorating career and not much else to accommodate that career...... then it could end up to be just a big fat old "meh" from me.

Looking forward to the trailer tomorrow though! Fingers crossed they flesh this career out really well and give us the proper tools and assets to utilize its full gameplay potential. Interior designer? Architect? House Flipper? Real Estate Agent? Personally speaking, I'd love the career opportunity to become a house flipper!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain