Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whim Update!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    Guys, they said that they're not working in it now, but that they'd like to revisit it later. That's...a positive thing, ain't it?

It is. Better then all this years, when they never even mentioned them. Anyway devs still seem more focused on bb and cas upgrades. I'm not against those, but bb and cas are 4's greatest strenghts. At this point they should be more enthusiastic about gameplay updates imho.

I don't think they have a team that has the experience or expertise to update the gameplay. Every time they try, they add more bugs. I think that's why they focus on aesthetics rather than anything meaningful. I'm hoping that their hiring spree results in at least one person that can fix the broken engine and resulting bugs.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Use mods. The whim system actually makes sense with mods. The original whims are just...buy furniture from packs you own. Modded whims are so great. And if you're feeling spicy, add the mod Better Sims from MTS by Midiar. It adds some features that I think really give the sim personality. It adds in these features:

Complementary Traits
    Talents
    Color Preferences
    Style preferences
    Randomized Fashion choices
    Location Preferences
    Hobbies and skills preferences

You can either add them yourself to customize them, randomize them, or let them be found while playing. As in...if you cook for the first time, if the sim likes it, they will say something like I really like this activity and enjoy doing it from now on. If they don't like it, they will say they don't like it and then get a buff saying something like why do I have to do things I hate. It's pretty awesome and I really find that having my sims like and dislike things adds a lot of flavor and I can put them in clubs with other sims like them or I find out that they just don't get along with certain people.

I have really been loving this mod. I hesitated to install it because of its beta status, but I'm so glad I did. I really like the feature of discovering activities they enjoy and wanting to change aspirations. It has shaken up my gameplay a lot at times.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Whims do need a complete redesign and I agree wants and fears was a much better designed tool.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It's the Sims team's motto "If something needs fixing, simply remove it. Problem solved"
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    why fix something thats not even broken i relly do not get it as a player of the sims 4

Actually they are broken. Aside from the fact than no new whims have been added in the game for many many packs now they also do not stay locked. I have been locking important whims that I want my sims to achieve and they are still disappearing before they have been achieved. It is very frustrating and something that I would like to be fixed.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2021
    Like @Sharonia said, they are broken and haven’t been updated in years.

Also, they literally sit right near the Sim’s face on the UI, indicating how important they are or should be. To just abandon them and “potentially” revisit them in the future with no concrete plans for it is still not a good look for the team. It’s frustrating that they’re outdated, and it’s frustrating that the team doesn’t see them as a priority.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Use mods. The whim system actually makes sense with mods. The original whims are just...buy furniture from packs you own. Modded whims are so great. And if you're feeling spicy, add the mod Better Sims from MTS by Midiar. It adds some features that I think really give the sim personality. It adds in these features:

Complementary Traits
    Talents
    Color Preferences
    Style preferences
    Randomized Fashion choices
    Location Preferences
    Hobbies and skills preferences

You can either add them yourself to customize them, randomize them, or let them be found while playing. As in...if you cook for the first time, if the sim likes it, they will say something like I really like this activity and enjoy doing it from now on. If they don't like it, they will say they don't like it and then get a buff saying something like why do I have to do things I hate. It's pretty awesome and I really find that having my sims like and dislike things adds a lot of flavor and I can put them in clubs with other sims like them or I find out that they just don't get along with certain people.

Thank you for this!! I have been looking for a mod to spice up my game. Anything that makes my Sims unique is great. I just want to add my voice to updating the whims. I really hope they look at it again soon.