Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to buy the upcoming Courtyard Oasis Kit?

Comments

• Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Yes, but later
    Most of my money was snapped out of existence.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I might buy it for the plants. I need to see more of what is in the pack before I decide.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2021
    No
    Looks good, but I'm kind of tired of TS4 so no. The gameplay isn't interesting enough for me to buy extra things for the game going forward. Plus kits are kind of expensive for what you get.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes, but later
    Or maybe on release, or when I'm ready for this type of decor.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CaptainNinjaPantsCaptainNinjaPants Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Yes, I've started building more since the pandemic started so it's given me time to practice and I think I spend more time building than actually playing the game.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    No. No further explanation - to keep this thread clean.
    Thank you for keeping a thread clean! :)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm still in doubt
    No.
    1. I havent purchased any of the kits yet, dont quite understand why they would give us kits when they could give us Ep, Gp, or Sp instead.
    2. They need to fix whats wrong with the game first before adding anything else to it.
    3. I can make an oasis courtyard now without any of the things in this pack with things that are in the game now, so why buy it?

^^^ this exact sentiment is how it happened right before Sims 3 met its demise and Sims 4 was manifest. They introduced the sims store and less EP's SP's and worlds, etc. They totally stopped fixing any and everything broken. And all new stuff was really just refurbished and polished up of what we already had in the game. Honestly, I know it has been said that there is long life left in Sims 4.....BUT. Just saying. And it may be for the best. At some point you just have to stop beating a dead horse. This coming from a person who use to play for days on end, even with a full work life. but can now only manage hours at best and then I'm off of it for weeks at a time. Just saying...

EDIT: If I ultimately purchased this it would have to come attached to some worthy bundling, and seeing as I have all of the packs I am interested in... I probably will not purchase this one. And Why only one this time. I would have like some options. Maybe then one may have caused me to open the purse.
  • Options
    No.
    1. I havent purchased any of the kits yet, dont quite understand why they would give us kits when they could give us Ep, Gp, or Sp instead.
    2. They need to fix whats wrong with the game first before adding anything else to it.
    3. I can make an oasis courtyard now without any of the things in this pack with things that are in the game now, so why buy it?

^^^ this exact sentiment is how it happened right before Sims 3 met its demise and Sims 4 was manifest. They introduced the sims store and less EP's SP's and worlds, etc. They totally stopped fixing any and everything broken. And all new stuff was really just refurbished and polished up of what we already had in the game. Honestly, I know it has been said that there is long life left in Sims 4.....BUT. Just saying. And it may be for the best. At some point you just have to stop beating a dead horse. This coming from a person who use to play for days on end, even with a full work life. but can now only manage hours at best and then I'm off of it for weeks at a time. Just saying...

EDIT: If I ultimately purchased this it would have to come attached to some worthy bundling, and seeing as I have all of the packs I am interested in... I probably will not purchase this one. And Why only one this time. I would have like some options. Maybe then one may have caused me to open the purse.
    With Catherina Mallet as the new VP/GM at Maxis, it's hard to say what Sims 4's future will look like. All I can say is that it sounds like she plans to try to make Sims 4's future brighter than ever before. This was in an article about her replacing Joe Nickolls, former VP/GM at Maxis.
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    No
    No. I seldom build things, and when I do it's typically urban commercial district. If they release a kit or pack that's just "Urban Grungy Trash" or something, I'd definitely buy it.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    sunman502 wrote: »
    No.

With Catherina Mallet as the new VP/GM at Maxis, it's hard to say what Sims 4's future will look like. All I can say is that it sounds like she plans to try to make Sims 4's future brighter than ever before. This was in an article about her replacing Joe Nickolls, former VP/GM at Maxis.

I sure hope you are right. I can see so much that can still be done for SIMS 4 that would bring it back to glory, back to life, if only it will happen. I promise I keep trying to hold out hope... Thanks for that bit of encouragement btw. Very much needed to hear it <3

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    It all looks very nice, but I don't build in that style so I am not sure how much use I would get from it. Maybe sometime in the future.
  • Options
    3CatsFull3CatsFull Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, but later
    Not sure if it will be at release or later, that depends on the state of my wallet at the time. I really like what I have seen so far and I already know the house I will be remodeling.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    No.

I sure hope you are right. I can see so much that can still be done for SIMS 4 that would bring it back to glory, back to life, if only it will happen. I promise I keep trying to hold out hope... Thanks for that bit of encouragement btw. Very much needed to hear it <3
    I hope so too! But time will tell if Catherina Mallet can deliver on what she plans to do with the game now that she's in the captain's chair at Maxis.
    And you are welcome. We can all use a little bit of sunshine in these dark times. ;):)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I'm more interested to see what CC creators will add from it and what builds will come from it, maxis made like 5 items but I'm sure CC creators will make the entire rest of the house
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2021
    No
    texxx78 wrote: »
    No. It looks good, but not anything I'm looking for.

Plus, some bugs getting out of hand makes me hold tighter on the wallet. They'd either have to solve those or come up with a pack I really need. In a perfect world, they'd do both. I can wait.

That's the main reason i'm not considering loading my sims 4 game anytime soon (although i still have it fully installed in my pc).

Down there in the bottom of my soul i still hope that bugs will be fixed instead of more being added with new dlc, and i hope that game mechanics improve a bit cause their so lackluster compared with the older games.
    That's why i'm still reticent to say no, i won't buy anything more. But my guts tell me i'll be saying that soon...

I agree even though I am not buying out of principle and it just not the game that is above the rest and why should I support that. The next idea EA/Maxis may have is modules and who know what the modules would contain or how much would the price be.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm more interested to see what CC creators will add from it and what builds will come from it, maxis made like 5 items but I'm sure CC creators will make the entire rest of the house

Lol, I'm sure there's more than 5 items. 😄

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Onverser wrote: »

Lol, I'm sure there's more than 5 items. 😄

SimGuruNinja says there are more than listed there so they haven't revealed all.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    No
    I have given up playing Sims 4 as i am fed up of playing round bugs that have been in it for years . After 21 years of the sims I have now given up all hope of Maxis/EA going back to the high standard their games used to be years ago , There are a myriad of games i now play instead and none of them from EA . they have had enough of my hard earned money over the years .
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, at release.
    Yes, pretty soon after release. I don’t use CC , and I could use some more floors and walls, and the curved arches and doors.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, at release.
    🟥 Yes, I love building and some of the things look so beautiful. It will go well with jungle adventure .
    It will go well with some stuff in city living and movie hangout too
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Yes, but later
    This is a design style I have loved for years. I own Moroccan lanterns in real life because I adore the aesthetic. I just can't afford to buy it right now due to the pandemic. I would be more likely to buy it on sale, but who knows if kits will ever go on sale.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes, at release.
    This is a design style I have loved for years. I own Moroccan lanterns in real life because I adore the aesthetic. I just can't afford to buy it right now due to the pandemic. I would be more likely to buy it on sale, but who knows if kits will ever go on sale.

How about having a try at the Giveaways that some Simmers offer?

One here and there might be some on Twitter later. You never know.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17880750#Comment_17880750
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No
    Never heard of it until now. It's not in the news notes as I checked them before coming here. My knowledge of the place is confined to the Allied invasion in 1942 and the movie Casablanca.
  • Options
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    When I build, it is for personal enjoyment and creativity. Can't wait to add these items to my game.
    I also build for personal enjoyment and creativity! :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No
    Nopedy nope nope.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif