Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to buy the upcoming Courtyard Oasis Kit?

Are you going to buy the upcoming Courtyard Oasis Kit? 321 votes

Yes, at release.
28%
bshag4lvEvvieSimmertams2578Gindog6bandit5Ssimgoddessaelias24Kathy090660danacnbrettTheSpotted_CmcruddSimburianBloosmooDOLLDRMS1MeteoraStormStrangerthankokoro80simgirl1010friendlysimmerscchant86 91 votes
Yes, but later
16%
CK213GalacticGalYunajeepjeepcatBlkBarbiegalMi9shaoscarSimpatsyannAnmirlaWyrrenDarkLady2788KennziKaigeSimplyJenAquariusMomtaydevTOLKIENBabykittyjadeAPottsSunflowergal227fiercephoenix91Winifred_Willow 52 votes
I'm still in doubt
18%
Akl500Pauroraael14Kita5399Sara1010PSamadamsPlayerdjacquelynstewTWSimGamer82JueJuelisamwittPlayerSinger2010haneulfreindlylolMagdaleenazagboorulesldmarkoYautjagirlToriemitchiebanjoLustianiciahunniboo1 60 votes
No
36%
Stace1234566GoldmoldarBreeSashajulienrob2004Mstybl95IcewolfIrishSimmer21alexspoom13alan650111Rflong7AlexaiColorist40StilettoBlackSasquatch7imhappyEvilWitch83applefeather2KelleygirlIsb917babajayne 118 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I haven't played sims 4 for more than a month now and i'm not considering loading it yet, so i'm not sure i'll buy anything new to it. But i do love the tiles. I could finally build a traditional portuguese house :)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    No
    I'm not into decor much, so no
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    No
    I have skipped the kits this far and this seems rather easy to skip too. Would probably rather get one of the others.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes, at release.
    I like the idea, and the items look beautiful. I have missed the theme in game, although in some way the items in Paranormal works, and some others. But adding to that suits me. I hope there are mats though, because it is hard to find already in game, both patterned ones, and in different sizes.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No
    No, as I am not supporting EA/Maxis anymore going forward.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Yes, but I'm choosing my kits carefully from now on even if I buy all the other type packs. I don't like Dust bunnies!
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    No
    No. It looks good, but not anything I'm looking for.

Plus, some bugs getting out of hand makes me hold tighter on the wallet. They'd either have to solve those or come up with a pack I really need. In a perfect world, they'd do both. I can wait.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    No. It looks good, but not anything I'm looking for.

Plus, some bugs getting out of hand makes me hold tighter on the wallet. They'd either have to solve those or come up with a pack I really need. In a perfect world, they'd do both. I can wait.

That's the main reason i'm not considering loading my sims 4 game anytime soon (although i still have it fully installed in my pc).

Down there in the bottom of my soul i still hope that bugs will be fixed instead of more being added with new dlc, and i hope that game mechanics improve a bit cause their so lackluster compared with the older games.
    That's why i'm still reticent to say no, i won't buy anything more. But my guts tell me i'll be saying that soon...
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited May 2021
    No
    No.
    1. I havent purchased any of the kits yet, dont quite understand why they would give us kits when they could give us Ep, Gp, or Sp instead.
    2. They need to fix whats wrong with the game first before adding anything else to it.
    3. I can make an oasis courtyard now without any of the things in this pack with things that are in the game now, so why buy it?

All that being said, for those that are stoked for it, I hope you can purchase it and derive many wonderful hours of entertainment from it!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    While I actually like the theme of this one, I refuse to buy any kit at full price. I doubt they'll ever go on sale so I may never get it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm still in doubt
    Its very pretty, but it has little context with other stuff in the game to date. Maybe you could argue that it has the Moorish appearance of Southern Spain's architecture, so might be appropriate in Oasis Springs and the Jungle world, but I don't know? I need to think about it some more.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    If they do a proper outdoor kitchen with counters and a pizza oven then yes they got my money.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    No
    I'd love an African world to go with this. But a backyard full of objects is definitely not enough. I'll hold off and hope for a complete set, along with clothes, and accessories.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2021
    No
    The kit looks good, but I don't want to buy any more packs right now because there are too many bugs in the game.
    Post edited by logion on
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No
    I feel like they‘re preparing is for microtransactions in TS5 with kits and alone for that I‘m boycotting it.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I'm not much of a builder, so probably won't get it. But it does look very pretty. I did use the Moorish furniture in TS2 a few times, though, so will probably convince myself that I have to have it.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yes, but later
    I will buy it but maybe after a few weeks as I don’t have use for the content yet. When is the release date btw?
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Yes, I will definitely buy it at release.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I like the style but there really isn't much there...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited May 2021
    its pretty and i see some potential use (itd look cute in olives house) so maybe i will get it one day far in future when i havent got other stuff on priority list

but as ive said many times before i prioritize eps and gps over stuff packs or kits so id really like to know themes of gps and eps for the year before i go buying anything else just in case they release something i very desperately need

i did already sort of violate this with paranormal stuff though because well its a vibe and i needed hilda back and i think it counted for the "desperately need" part

but yeah just tryna keep myself from going over my yearly sims budget here p_p
    it might seem I'm being too dramatic over my 5e but i mean if i bought all kits it would already be 20e with this new one included and dang i could get a whole gp with that or even 2 in big sale soooo.... yeah. i will be dramatic over my 5e and wait my time call me cheap if u want p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    No
    It looks nice and is probably good value for money, but I'd rather have a crazy opverprized and oddly balanced gameplay object.

(I don't consider the hoovers overprized, but how something that small really shouldn't require four mods to be fun. I hope the issues with Bust the Dust didn't put the devs off making gameplay kits forever.)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I'm not much of a builder, so I don't know if I would use it. If it starts appearing in builds I want on the gallery, I might.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    I dont deny that its pretty, but I refuse to support kits and dont plan on buying any whatsoever.
  • Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes, at release.
    🟥 Yes, I love building and some of the things look so beautiful. It will go well with jungle adventure .
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    Yes, at release.
    I love the north Africa/southern Europe feel and am already thinking about builds! this will be the first kit I buy as I have no interest in playing a vacuuming game, and the other two kits were cute but not enough for me to spend money on. This one has lots of build/buy items and in a style we didn't have at all before.