Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disallowed word?

Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
Any idea what is being blocked?
ac9d8704ee04c1f01b20f44856b1eef7.png

Comments

• Options
    Ah yes, typical sims 4 logic. The word dingey aka dirty is blocked yet this exists in game

03c7d08cbb0066f4bd15725831388d71.png
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I was going to say it might be the word dingey, lol, but you beat me to the punch. As you said Sims 4 logic, go figure 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,089 Member
    Dingey to me sounds like a rundown property that needs doing up.
  • Options
    That was the intention, i'm not even sure how it can be considered disallowed
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited May 2021
    Oddly enough African Africans in the US used to be called "Dínge" a long time ago, maybe EA should look into their own usage of words and should be disallowing themselves from using them as well.
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Dingey to me sounds like a rundown property that needs doing up.

It's strange why it would be blocked as dingey is another way of spelling dinghy.

The word the OP is looking for "Dingy", but that might be blocked. This is the absurd lunacy the EA developers have put on us with no way to identify what the real culprit is. I honestly don't know who come up with it during the original design but it's as sadistic as it gets for a design.

Edit: case and point i had to substitute the typical i for one from unicode.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,089 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    That was the intention, i'm not even sure how it can be considered disallowed

I’ve played in games where the swear filter in chat is more sensitive than this!
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    We don't just have to be politically correct, now we have to be politically correct in all languages. Yay freedom of speech and all that!
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited May 2021
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    We don't just have to be politically correct, now we have to be politically correct in all languages. Yay freedom of speech and all that!

That's fine, but the time will come when EA will run themselves into a wall disallowing all sorts of words and then someone in the USA will be taking EA to court over their 1st ammendment rights being violated on this forum. EA can't open one door about inclusion and close the other by denying that inclusion when it comes to what is accepted and not, and neither can they be the overlord moderators of free speech worldwide (by overriding the laws of every other country where every user is from) or moderate the way users are allowed to express their valid points by manipulating them down a desired path.

I hope EA find themselves a balance on this though.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

That's fine, but the time will come when EA will run themselves into a wall disallowing all sorts of words and then someone in the USA will be taking EA to court over their 1st ammendment rights being violated on this forum. EA can't open one door about inclusion and close the other by denying that inclusion when it comes to what is accepted and not, and neither can they be the overlord moderators of free speech worldwide (by overriding the laws of every other country where every user is from) or moderate the way users are allowed to express their valid points by manipulating them down a desired path.

That'll be about the time the Digital Overlords take over. Hmm, maybe that's what the Sims games are all about; testing their A.I. If so, we don't have much to worry, about since they still don't even know enough to use the toilet before bed.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    hehe political correctness go brrrt
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Its not political correctness, its the good old Scunthorpe Problem, an overactive cuss filter
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,572 Member
    It's actually an adjective that means: gloomy and drab.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Nighat is not allowed to put on the gallery, but this is Katrina Calinte's original name. Have to put in Nihat and tell simmers to put the G in ROFL!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yeah the filter is a little out of control, especially with words and names that aren't English in origin. Even perfectly normal and common English surnames such as C*o*x and D*i*c*k*e*n*s (among many others) get caught up the cuss filter. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is not allowed to put on the gallery, but this is Katrina Calinte's original name. Have to put in Nihat and tell simmers to put the G in ROFL!

I made the lady in question myself a while back, not long after sims 4 came out, and it was allowed, but they've changed it at sometime since then. It's bananas. It's her name, a name they gave her!

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I remember making a post a while ago that contained the word i*d*i*o*t and that wasn’t ok. Also h*e*l*l isn’t allowed... but there’s the Vampires character called Miss H*e*l*l!! It’s a bit ridiculous when it gets to the point that people aren’t allowed to use names of characters in the game.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    To me it's not the word but the statement "not so legi*****" (I don't want to spell the complete word for this post being flagged) that's the issue. You are implying something illegal.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    To me it's not the word but the statement "not so legi*****" (I don't want to spell the complete word for this post being flagged) that's the issue. You are implying something illegal.
    Legitimate is not an offensive word. How would the swear filter detect implications of illegal activity?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

The first amendment has absolutely nothing to do with these forums. They are a private entity, not a branch of the government.

Though their language filter is weird, I've seen far weirder.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is not allowed to put on the gallery, but this is Katrina Calinte's original name. Have to put in Nihat and tell simmers to put the G in ROFL!

Same for Ophelia 'Specter''s actual last name, can't use it so they changed it in their gallery recreation.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Welcome to being controlled via the enterpretations of the Modern Urban Dictionary folks.
    A lot of genuine English ye olde words can be banned by that fool tome.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Ah yes, typical sims 4 logic. The word dingey aka dirty is blocked yet this exists in game

03c7d08cbb0066f4bd15725831388d71.png

Interesting. I've also noticed some words from time to time that are disallowed in CAS names that is weird too.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited May 2021
    Goodness forbid if we use word like: P E A C O C K. Which is a pretty bird.
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    It drives me nuts when 'disallowed' words are words that are part of in-game products. I'm also a bit concerned because 'homophobic' is a disallowed word as well, but people sometimes make horrifically bigoted comments on gallery content featuring same-gender couples.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wish Gallery was better at pointing out which disallowed word is in the description. Took me awhile to find out poop knives wasn't allowed despite those cooking knives I use for that being in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller