Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which occult pack is your favourite?

From the packs that are clearly focused on occult gameplay which one is your favourite and why?

Which occult pack is your favourite? 123 votes

Realm of Magic
35%
KamioTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917elanorbretonsimgirl1010ldmarkoAmj1995KennziKaigeLustianiciaAquariusMomashcrash19bestfrienemies14notasmokealarm09papertongueDaraviZeldaboy180floridameerkatSindocattexxx78 44 votes
Vampires
52%
EvvieSimmerIcewolfBloodC24CamkathaneulAnmirlaIObelleWyrrenluthienrisingalanmichael1DarkLady2788Yautjagirlakaniki0ToriemitchiebanjoxXPandoraXxgreydonnmatheus_mar_1999MilutinMujovicJoybearr 65 votes
Paranormal
11%
crocobauraSasquatch7GoddessBylineHarukotyanJackOnYourBackEnkiSchmidtColton147147RedShoe7grassharpSayNoToGnomesHandelfae_brassZoeyevestermarissim 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I start. My favourite is Realm of Magic. I do think that Vampires is better done but i really love spellcasters. They are just like i love things in the sims: versatile. And i love the bloodlines that can be strenghten or weakened as generations goes by.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Actually, all three is my favorite. However, I have noticed I do use some of the Realm of Magic stuff for my SiFi builds.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Realm of Magic
    This was soooooo hard for me to answer, because I thought all 3 packs were done very well. Realm won, but not by much....
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Paranormal
    I (currently) prefer my occult content subtle and it can't get any more subtle than the Happy Haunts. It's basically haunt-on-demand, and doesn't exist for households that don't actively engage with the content. It also helps that the pack is well thought-through, the only downside being that the haunts are a bit too cute compared to the Sulani- and Mt. Komorebi spirits.

Vampires was so well done, but I don't enjoy the theme much. Got my money's worth out of the pack and still play a vamp occasionally, but in restrospect I should have waited for RoM.

RoM is more my thing thematically and comes with a stunning, highly screenshotable world, but there are some aspects that bother me about it: Broom-teleport is a downgrade from Sims 2 (where you could zoom out and see them go higher and higher), spellcasting being an exclusive lifestate instead of an academic field locks out other occult types and unplayed households turning into spellcasters sounds very intrusive. Really looking forward to the trial version feature so that I can finally make up my mind about this pack.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vampires
    I voted Vampires but I actually prefer Paranormal.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Paranormal
    Everything.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    Paranormal
    When it comes down to playable occult characters, I find myself more inclined towards Spellcasters as they allow me not to hide out in my home during day time risking to get cooked alive. They can also brew a very useful potion I find myself using at times, if my Sim is outside doing something and she has low needs, so I don't have to make her eat, pee, and sleep interrupting my gameplay.
    If it's just pack wise, I truly love the paranormal pack. I love the medium skill line, the CAS items, the build items & the return of Bonehilda! It's quite funny getting my Sims spooked, and the active career is quite enjoyable, although repetitive at times.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I play occults and I don't have a favourite pack. Each pack provides elements that I enjoy in the game. Granted each DLC feels incomplete and could be better done but I love spellcasters, vampires aliens ghosts and mermaids the same.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2021
    Vampires
    Vampires. No question.

I use Realm and Paranormal a lot too

but oh boy can I even play a household without using vampires pack probably not :sweat_smile:

I must have been vampire in my past life or something cause i swear forgotten hollow just feels like home and vampires just feel like my sweet children and i couldn't possibly play without them

I've been trying to play realm more lately to find fun way to use it but idk i just keep feeling like its fancy cheat console and everytime i try to do anything fun game just restricts me cause "no that is kind of mean of you" or "oh no youre too powerful" like ya let me magic i didn't become top tier spellcaster to sit around

+it kinda says a lot when playing paranormal pack feels more magical than realm of magic cause thats how i be feeling o_o

I guess I just miss flashy magic stuff like show magic or rituals or anything with more animations like heck give me shaman dance or something i bet id use it more than the wave wand to summon x skill
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires for Me, why you ask ? , it is simple in one word> ( Immortality) . :)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I almost always play spellcasters. Even if they don't get any further than learning Scruberoo and Repario, it's just easier for cleaning up and fixing things - provided the spell doesn't fail and set something on fire.

Paranormal does come in a very, very close second, however.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Why not all of them?

I choose all.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I enjoy them all. I play aliens too.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Vampires is a better more balanced pack but spellcasters are more versatile. Paranormal is very good but the spectres are a bit too cartoonish for my taste.
  • Options
    zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I find vampires a little too cumbersome to play over a long term. I will play them, of course, but the trade-off of having to deal with the grating irritation that is the thirst bar in exchange for a powers tree, when later we get slapped in the face with spellcasters which are the most OP occults in the game and have no drawbacks... nope.

But, I do like both ROM and Paranormal. I also enjoy aliens and mermaids, though wish they'd been given the same treatment as vampires and spellcasters. However, most of my occults are spellcasters, so ROM wins this one.
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Paranormal
    Ghosties! I love the little specters and the gameplay of just living in a haunted house. Sure it's one thing to BE a vampire or a spellcaster but it's another to be a normal person surviving ghosties!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Paranormal
    Paranormal, but strictly for the clothes, hairs, walls and objects. Gameplay is a mix between boring and annoying.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Realm of Magic
    ROM for me. I love my little Spellcaster Academy and cast of characters. I do enjoy Vampires as well don’t get me wrong.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    Vampires
    They are very well done. ROM felt like a bad copy of vampires. I love paranormal but I had hoped for a free! ghost update (skill tree? scaring to death) and a cemetery.
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Realm of Magic
    While I think Vampires is objectively the better pack, my favourite occults have always been and will always be witches... until angels come along, that is, but that will never happen. Realm of Magic is not only my favourite out of these three, but my favourite Game Pack altogether, even though the magic could have been a little more "out there" rather than mostly things we could already do in the game by other means.

Paranormal is a hot contender for my favourite Stuff Pack, though, not only adding a new supernatural element to my witch families, but also allowing non-occult sims to tap into magic in a more subtle way.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    None. I don't own those packs and play with occults. Not even aliens.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    All 3!
    About 70% of my lots are now haunted. I always have a scheming and plotting spellcaster hiding someplace and vampires are literally the coolest Sims 4 occult out there.

However....My favorite occult pack hasn’t been released yet.
    It includes werebeasts. 😛
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Vampires
    All 3!
    About 70% of my lots are now haunted. I always have a scheming and plotting spellcaster hiding someplace and vampires are literally the coolest Sims 4 occult out there.

What kind of theme pack do you think werewolves and werebeasts would work well with? Personally I wouldn't mind a zoo pack or carnival pack with them. It would be nice to start discussing ideas for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    VeeNomNomVeeNomNom Posts: 7 New Member
    Vampires
    Vampires! I love the perks & weaknesses! I only wish Vlad doesn't keep coming to prey on my sims :')
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    All 3!

What kind of theme pack do you think werewolves and werebeasts would work well with? Personally I wouldn't mind a zoo pack or carnival pack with them. It would be nice to start discussing ideas for them.

I'd rather they had their own pack. Traits could include things like, being able to control their shape shifting, adding a half beast or full beast form, different abilities at full moon, some of those abilities being active when it isn't full moon, switching to a different animal such as a were cat. Leader of the pack to control your pack, etc. There's quite a few different werewolf or werebeast myths and traits could help players tailor them to the type they want.
    I have a harder time thinking up weakness but I bet they could borrow from vampires and have things like, growling and harder relationships, uncontrolled changing, add in a weakness to some item or other.
    Lunar cycle please! And please, some special interactions with vampires because you know half the players wanting them are planning a feud.