Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 needs an option to adjust the random events frequency

The Sims 4 needs urgently an option to adjust the random events frequency. My game is boring since the events like abductions from Get To Work, party invites from Get Together and vampires break in are so rare. We already can adjust many aspects of the gameplay and for sure an option like that will please so much players that like and don't like the random events. I love when unespected things happens in my game and I'd adjust the random events frequency at least in 50% of chance.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    They need to first figure out how to make random events fun, IMO.

We definitely need more random events, and we should have the ability to control the frequency, but the game as a whole is just too predictable. You go to a lot, and you can pretty much know what will happen from the moment you enter to the moment you leave.

I wouldn't mind random events being a whole feature expanded upon in an expansion pack. Spontaneity is sorely needed in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    Victor226433Victor226433 Posts: 20 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They need to first figure out how to make random events fun, IMO.

We definitely need more random events, and we should have the ability to control the frequency, but the game as a whole is just too predictable. You go to a lot, and you can pretty much know what will happen from the moment you enter to the moment you leave.

I wouldn't mind random events being a whole feature expanded upon in an expansion pack. Spontaneity is sorely needed in The Sims 4.

I totally agree!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2021
    I would like something like that. I would tune them down. So far my way of avoiding aliens being in the open, and their abductions is to not have a sim in the scientist career; I avoid vampires by not buying the pack, which I really would like for its build buy items; I avoid spellcasters riding on brooms by not going to the magic realm. It would be nice if any features added with new packs were not so invasive to a save, especially since the large packs contain so many different things to attract different kind of players.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Yes! Please! I definitely want the ability to adjust the frequency of random events. And I want it to be on a per save basis so I can adjust them up or down for different saves depending on what kind of story I'm playing in each save.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you are in a club you get plenty of invites to party from your fellow club members.
  • Options
    Victor226433Victor226433 Posts: 20 Member
    Yes! Please! I definitely want the ability to adjust the frequency of random events. And I want it to be on a per save basis so I can adjust them up or down for different saves depending on what kind of story I'm playing in each save.

That would be perfect!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Honestly wish putting the cell phone on silent would work for events.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Yeah I agree, that would be great. They have added pack options for recent packs where we can turn on or off certain things in the pack, it would be nice if we could tune it too.
    Scobre wrote: »
    Honestly wish putting the cell phone on silent would work for events.

Agreed, you can do this in MC Command Center if you don't mind using mods. (MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Phone Texts)
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    We really need some sort of story progression. The Sims 2 did better without it because how in depht the lore is. The Sims 4 is just there.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I think another reason we really need the ability to adjust the frequency of random events is that, currently, their frequency does not scale with length of lifespan.

I play with aging turned off, and also with seasons set to their longest setting. So a sim "year" for me is 112 days. And I play with the same sim for many sim "years". It fact, in most cases, I never age them up at all. And if I do, I base it on the real-life number of years in an average human's lifespan. So my sims can live for thousands of sim days.

My scientist sim has been abducted by aliens at least 4 times so far in about about 80 days. For me, that feels like a lot of abductions, because that's less than three quarters of one of his "years". If I got abducted by aliens 4 times in 9 months, I'd be like... "Maybe I should quit this job and stop contacting aliens." :lol:

But it's an average of one abduction every 20 days. For someone playing with aging set to the short lifespan, that is a huge chunk of a sim's young adult to elder stages, and because it's random, there is a decent chance it won't ever happen before your sim dies. So it feels way too seldom for someone who's playing on short lifespan and actually wants it to happen.

So, not only do I want the ability to change the frequency of events in different saves for different story ideas, I also think this feature is needed so that players can adjust the events to fit the length of their sims' lives.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".