Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

Self-Employed Careers

Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 203 Member
Can Sims do more than one of the self-employed careers at once from the Ambitions expansion pack? One of my Sims just became a self-employed inventor. I noticed when they have enough skills for others of those self-employed jobs it shows more of them under jobs on the phone or newspaper. If I wanted him to do both inventing and sculpting and I told my Sim to do another one of the self-employed jobs when they already had one would it let me do another of them or try to replace the first one with the second one?
I gave him the lifetime wish where they have complete the inventing skill, sculpting skill, and the painting skill. Once I move him into his own house I want to put an inventing table and a sculpting table and work on both of those. To get promoted in these self-employed careers they have to sell a certain amount of Simoleons worth of the things they make. It works fine to sell them from their inventory but it just doesn't feel very fulfilling that way so I wanted to try having him sell them to the Consignment store but for some reason when I told him to go to a community lot neither the scrap yard or the consignment store showed up to go to them. I know I had placed both of them in the neighborhood, so I'm not sure if they some how go replaced by houses in the neighborhood or what but I will have to check next time I go into the edit town mode and put them back into the neighborhood if they did some how disappear out of the neighborhood.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 18,954 Member
    edited April 2
    It would replace one with the other. Sims may only have and be able to progress though one career at a time. The self-employed careers count the same as regular rabbithole ones in this regard, as they are registered for their career in this case at City Hall. There is nothing to prevent a self-employed inventor from working on their sculpting skill and selling sculptures, for example, but officially they are still an inventor and not a sculptor.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 203 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    It would replace one with the other. Sims may only have and be able to progress though one career at a time. The self-employed careers count the same as regular rabbithole ones in this regard, as they are registered for their career in this case at City Hall. There is nothing to prevent a self-employed inventor from working on their sculpting skill and selling sculptures, for example, but officially they are still an inventor and not a sculptor.

Oh, okay. Well, I'll just keep him as the self-employed inventor then work on the sculpting and painting towards the lifetime wish of completing all those skills and as you said I can still have him sell the sculptures too on the side. I think that lifetime wish might be hard to complete but he is a Genius Sim so maybe he can manage to complete it.