Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Self-Employed Careers

Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
Can Sims do more than one of the self-employed careers at once from the Ambitions expansion pack? One of my Sims just became a self-employed inventor. I noticed when they have enough skills for others of those self-employed jobs it shows more of them under jobs on the phone or newspaper. If I wanted him to do both inventing and sculpting and I told my Sim to do another one of the self-employed jobs when they already had one would it let me do another of them or try to replace the first one with the second one?
I gave him the lifetime wish where they have complete the inventing skill, sculpting skill, and the painting skill. Once I move him into his own house I want to put an inventing table and a sculpting table and work on both of those. To get promoted in these self-employed careers they have to sell a certain amount of Simoleons worth of the things they make. It works fine to sell them from their inventory but it just doesn't feel very fulfilling that way so I wanted to try having him sell them to the Consignment store but for some reason when I told him to go to a community lot neither the scrap yard or the consignment store showed up to go to them. I know I had placed both of them in the neighborhood, so I'm not sure if they some how go replaced by houses in the neighborhood or what but I will have to check next time I go into the edit town mode and put them back into the neighborhood if they did some how disappear out of the neighborhood.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2021
    It would replace one with the other. Sims may only have and be able to progress though one career at a time. The self-employed careers count the same as regular rabbithole ones in this regard, as they are registered for their career in this case at City Hall. There is nothing to prevent a self-employed inventor from working on their sculpting skill and selling sculptures, for example, but officially they are still an inventor and not a sculptor.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    It would replace one with the other. Sims may only have and be able to progress though one career at a time. The self-employed careers count the same as regular rabbithole ones in this regard, as they are registered for their career in this case at City Hall. There is nothing to prevent a self-employed inventor from working on their sculpting skill and selling sculptures, for example, but officially they are still an inventor and not a sculptor.

Oh, okay. Well, I'll just keep him as the self-employed inventor then work on the sculpting and painting towards the lifetime wish of completing all those skills and as you said I can still have him sell the sculptures too on the side. I think that lifetime wish might be hard to complete but he is a Genius Sim so maybe he can manage to complete it.