Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch bug?

Hi all. I was just wondering if anybody else has been experiencing an issue that I have since yesterday's update.

All of a sudden my sims will not sit at their dining table and eat. They always have done and I haven't changed anything. It is only CC dining chairs that are causing this issue, and then it is only when the chairs are at a table. If they're not at a table they can sit in them fine. All other types of CC furniture are useable and I am so perplexed as to why this has suddenly become an issue?

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,088 Member
    I've found this before the update. My sims will go and find the nearest person to them and start talking to them while they eat. I've found that if you click on a dining room chair they will carry their food to the table and sit and will still eat it.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I read on @luthienrising new patch/broken mod thread, that cc chairs are not working right now.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2021
    CC Chairs are reported broken after the update: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/988166/broken-updated-mods-cc-bunkbeds-patch-mar-21

I don't know why they broke, it usually happens when Maxis updates their configuration files, hopefully it's just something simple like a hex code that needs to be changed. Maybe someone will post an update how you can fix them yourself, the sad thing is that if it's cc from a mod creator that is retired you probably have to fix it yourself.

I'm surprised that beds didn't break with the update.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Thanks Brd, but I've just noticed I didn't make my original post very clear. That was my bad. It's not just when they eat, it's just being told to sit in the chair full stop. I don't know why I made it sound like it's just when they eat, lol. Sorry. It's baffling!
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    CC Chairs are reported broken after the update: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/988166/broken-updated-mods-cc-bunkbeds-patch-mar-21

I don't know why they broke, it usually happens when Maxis updates their configuration files, hopefully it's just something simple like a hex code that needs to be changed. Maybe someone will post an update how you can fix them yourself, the sad thing is that if it's cc from a mod creator that is retired you probably have to fix it yourself.

I'm surprised that beds didn't break with the update.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :'(:'(:'(:'( That sucks! I'm suprised that beds didn't break too, that's why I wasn't certain if it was a bug or not. I really, REALLY hope this gets fixed soon! I use very little basegame furniture.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m really sad about it too! Maybe we’ll be lucky and S4S will come up with a batch fix.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No, but last night one of my pets double aged up. I had a puppy and a kitten & they both aged up at the same time, then suddenly the dog aged up again and is now an elder. I don't know if it's patch related, but didn't they fix the issue of pets not aging up in this one? This household wasn't affected by that issue, I'd just started playing them, though a couple other households I had were affected by it. I don't know what's going to happen when I go back to them now.

As for the dining issue, I always thought it was a good day when I could get the whole family to the dining table at once, so I can't really tell if it's a new bug or not.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m really sad about it too! Maybe we’ll be lucky and S4S will come up with a batch fix.
    So far, Peacemaker's and Ravasheen's investigations of the chairs issue, at least, suggests that a batch fix might not be quick to come up with. I advise replacing CC chairs for now
    ldmarko wrote: »
    No, but last night one of my pets double aged up. I had a puppy and a kitten & they both aged up at the same time, then suddenly the dog aged up again and is now an elder. I don't know if it's patch related, but didn't they fix the issue of pets not aging up in this one?
    Check that you removed any related mods, maybe?

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I don't intend to patch until the chair issue is resolved.
  • Options
    haneul wrote: »

My game won't let me play until I've updated. Never has done. :/
  • Options

:( All my sims' chairs are CC, so I just have to wait for now. I haven't tried to patch or play yet, but I won't play if it tries to force the update. I'll just wait for now or maybe even a month or two because it seems like this will be difficult to fix. I really like CC and may just have to enjoy my other hobbies for now.
  • Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    My buildbuy is unusable since updating the patch this morning. Live play seems to still work 'fingerscrossed'. bunk beds I wish!!!
    Always and have again today, done ALL the correct procedures prior ie removing mods folder, updating cc, removing other cc/mods till updated, restarted over and over etc,,,
    I've tolerated kept quite since Sims1 but this ... it's a game but it's my go to declutter mind space.
    At a loss what to do
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    The new patch broke slotted chairs, unfortunately. For now, I would just replace them with Maxis chairs. I suspect a fix will be added to the Sims 4 Studio to fix chairs through the Batch Fix so I would just hold on to them until then.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    inkyviolet wrote: »
    My buildbuy is unusable since updating the patch this morning. Live play seems to still work 'fingerscrossed'. bunk beds I wish!!!
    Always and have again today, done ALL the correct procedures prior ie removing mods folder, updating cc, removing other cc/mods till updated, restarted over and over etc,,,
    I've tolerated kept quite since Sims1 but this ... it's a game but it's my go to declutter mind space.
    At a loss what to do

Does it work if you delete localthumbcache and have no mods/cc installed at all? Have you tried a Game Repair?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    inkyviolet wrote: »
    At a loss what to do

You can't use Build/Buy? That's a new one. I haven't had that. Do you play on a PC? How did you get the bunkbeds then?

Bunkbeds are creating confusion for people. You must place the top bunk first before putting anything under it (unless you use bb.moveobjects) You can't put anything in the way of the ladder.

In addition, the patch broke slotted chairs. If you have cc chairs at desks and tables, replace them with the maxis chairs otherwise your sims won't use them.

Before updating my game, I always remove the entire Sims 4 folder and let the game generate all new folders. (This is usually the time I create a base game family or house to share on the gallery.) Then I click on the Mods/CC box and exit the game. Next, I reload my old tray and save, deleting the new ones just created. Start the game again. Set all my game settings (Sims 3 camera, 28 day seasons etc.) Exit the game again and reload only mods, more specifically, only the ones I know are updated (like MCCC and Twisted Mexi's Better Build/Buy). Once all the mods are back in, then I reload cc. This takes a long time but it ensures that my saves, which I have put in hours and hours of work to build, don't get destroyed. Always keep a backup copy of your save and tray someplace!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2021

:( All my sims' chairs are CC, so I just have to wait for now. I haven't tried to patch or play yet, but I won't play if it tries to force the update. I'll just wait for now or maybe even a month or two because it seems like this will be difficult to fix. I really like CC and may just have to enjoy my other hobbies for now.

@haneul You can still play the game in offline mode, turn off autonomatic updates in origin settings and then go into offline mode and you can play. Works for me, I have not updated.

Be careful if you have automatic updates already turned on, origin will try to update the sims4 as soon as you start origin so either go quickly into offline mode or just simply turn off your network connection and go into origin and turn off automatic updates.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

@haneul You can still play the game in offline mode, turn off autonomatic updates in origin settings and then go into offline mode and you can play. Works for me, I have not updated.

Be careful if you have automatic updates already turned on, orgin will try to update the sims4 as soon as you start origin so either go quickly into offline mode or just simply turn off your network connection.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't tried to play yet, but normally if I want to avoid a patch, I put my desktop in airplane mode before I start Origin. :blush:
  • Options

ingeli2002 wrote: »
    If you change the object definition to this tuning, the chairs will work. You need to change for every swatch:
    Tuning name: object_chair_tuning
    Nr: 14841

I think the bar stools also can be fixed with.
    Tuning name: object_barstool
    Nr: 14830

But that needs some further experimenting.
    Seems like there are a lot of new slots tuning items in tuning files.

I thought that I would share this from the thread mentioned above. If this works, I truly love this simmer! I haven't tested it yet, and have pretty much zero experience with Sims 4 Studio, but I'm hoping that I can get this to work and that it will be of some use to you guys too.
  • Options
    I have tried it guys and sadly it doesn't seem to work. :( Still, was an exciting thought lol.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    No, but last night one of my pets double aged up. I had a puppy and a kitten & they both aged up at the same time, then suddenly the dog aged up again and is now an elder. I don't know if it's patch related, but didn't they fix the issue of pets not aging up in this one?
    Check that you removed any related mods, maybe?

I don't have any mods related to aging, the only pet related mod I have is the Autofill Hygiene mod. I haven't made any changes to my mods in a few months.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Does it work if you delete localthumbcache and have no mods/cc installed at all? Have you tried a Game Repair?

I have tried it all but still can't do anything in build. I've always been so careful, organised folders in Mods, removing cache regularly etc. It only happened since this patch.
    After a brief time all the object inventory has disappeared. So confused
  • Options
    > @SimsLady2000 said:
    > You can't use Build/Buy? That's a new one. I haven't had that. Do you play on a PC? How did you get the bunkbeds then?
    >
    > Bunkbeds are creating confusion for people. You must place the top bunk first before putting anything under it (unless you use bb.moveobjects) You can't put anything in the way of the ladder.
    >
    > In addition, the patch broke slotted chairs. If you have cc chairs at desks and tables, replace them with the maxis chairs otherwise your sims won't use them.
    >
    > Before updating my game, I always remove the entire Sims 4 folder and let the game generate all new folders. (This is usually the time I create a base game family or house to share on the gallery.) Then I click on the Mods/CC box and exit the game. Next, I reload my old tray and save, deleting the new ones just created. Start the game again. Set all my game settings (Sims 3 camera, 28 day seasons etc.) Exit the game again and reload only mods, more specifically, only the ones I know are updated (like MCCC and Twisted Mexi's Better Build/Buy). Once all the mods are back in, then I reload cc. This takes a long time but it ensures that my saves, which I have put in hours and hours of work to build, don't get destroyed. Always keep a backup copy of your save and tray someplace!

@SimsLady2000 I play on a PC. What's happening is everything appears normal in build/buy. However when I go to the catalogue and choose the object or build item, it does not transfer to the lot. This happens both with an active family or pure build.

Strangely, in the active households, the 'house' inventory catalogue works fine.

I'll try removing the Sims 4 folder method and see if this helps
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The way I see it if the bug is activated with EA/Maxis chairs then I consider that an bug EA/Maxis may address but anything that is not made by EA/Maxis and it conflicts on how an interaction would normally act then the maker of that mod has to address that issue.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm experiencing another bug with the patch. My favorite CC TV has gone translucent.

51072093853_47d2f270e5_b.jpg

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Apparently EA made a mistake while updating the game and changed something with the chairs they shouldn't have changed. The hope is that they will correct it with a patch, because it won't be good if we have to update all the CC chairs ourselves. The people behind Sims4Studio have made statements about it, so hopefully the devs will listen and correct the mistake.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---