In all the games we have watched as townies (sometimes strangers) stand to wait to ask our Sim something. Examples: In the older games if you mouse over their face (townie) in the left hand, top corner, you can see what that townie wants. Such things like be admired, listen to a joke, join (whatever the activity) be greeted etc.
It would be nice if developers could start to add more in depth things to the games...like Be invited out to dinner (and the townie actually pay
) lol. Yes, that's a lot of trouble to do. But it's the fourth iteration, we all know 5 is in the works, it's 2021, not 1998, so let's expand what townies can do and say with our own Sims (autonomously).
1. Invite our Sim to go out to eat, and actually Pay.
2. Ask our Sim on a date, and actually have a plan of what to do. Of course we as the players could cancel out any activity and go to whatever next activity the townie had planned. No scripted play! Such as the current date system. Currently TS4 only allows this for known (a phone call) townies or our other Sims to do this, why not an unknown Sim our Sim meets on the street, who might find our Sims interesting...
TS2 did this with the NL townies who were not known to our Sim but still it was a phone call..not a chance meeting.
3. Invite to go somewhere, and have a plan..such as bowling, a movie, (as friends etc.) TS3 does this a little bit with the invite to a party at the premade's house, but there was no plan or even a stereo or TV or anything that could lighten the fun. There are party invites for our Sims in TS4, but again sometimes, the birthday parties are the lamest gameplay of all four games...TS4 also has the phone call, but the plan isn't planned out..
4. Invite to an actual dinner party (if they own a home) and go through the whole thing. Table is set, other guests are there etc. Someone in that house calls our Sim to dinner and they all go sit and dine together (But that is a lot to ask so I'll stick with generated townie interactions for now).
5. Ask our Sims to go for a walk, a hike, a jog, whatever, build relationship and see the simulation etc.
We already have a lot of things in these games, such a 'join' to dance, bowl, watch a TV show or whatever, but the things townies do are almost robotic in all the games, and players have figured out for years what those requests are going to be, join to watch TV, be admired, be flirted with, etc. We need all those townie requests to be expanded and not so predictable. Yes, we know so and so is going to try to hug our Sim. Or so and so is going to try to flirt due to the color of their (flirty) face/moodlet etc. Or the townie is going to tell a joke etc.
But those things are old established gameplay everyone expects in all the games since 2001. If none of it was there we would all be like where is the interaction? But this is 2021, time to expand what townies can and will say to our Sims, and what invitations they can do and plan.
Thanks for reading.
Any new interactions that expand invitations (even sit on a bench) should be in person, Sim to Sim and no text and or phone call etc. But all Simulated. See a townie, they may invite to do something more than what they do now.
(that is the request).