Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Aspirations... Please

This has always been one of my biggest gripes when I want to create different kinds of Sims. I like the Aspiration system, but I feel like every Sim I play tends to end up wanting the same thing one way or the other.

Comments

• Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Apparently the “Bust the Dust” kit has two new aspirations? I hope they release more with the kits.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Apparently the “Bust the Dust” kit has two new aspirations? I hope they release more with the kits.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm excited for that one :D
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm always ready for new aspirations :)
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I want new aspirations that are not mini tutorials!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I would love more aspirations, but I don't think the ones in the 'Bust the Dust' kit will be for me. I always wanted an aspiration that involves the Wellness skill in the Athletic category, one for Retail/Business owners in the Fortune category and more recently one for the Freelance careers, which could be in the Knowledge category, because it would go best with the Quick Learner bonus trait. But generally speaking, aspirations are lacking, so it is a good sign that they are including some with the first set of kits, even if they are not my cup of tea.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited March 2021
    Completely agree. It's always been my opinion that, at the very least, every time they introduce a new skill or activity, it should come with at least one aspiration focused on it. I think I made a post a while back outlining all the various aspirations that could've come with various packs, and honestly, I really wish they'd patch some of them in, even way after the fact. I remember hearing there was meant to be a "vampire hunter" type aspiration with the vampire pack, along with the 3 vampire aspirations, that they never quite get to before release (that would justify a sim that isn't a vampire wanting to learn about vampire lore), but patching it afterwards would be so great! And I think someone already mentioned wellness and, yeah, a wellness aspiration would've gone a LONG way towards encouraging exploring that skill.

Here's some other aspiration ideas I've had based on packs:

Like some have mentioned, a retail/running a business focused pack to go with Get To Work, and then also an owning a restaurant aspiration for dine out. Get to Work also I think would've been a great place to have some sort of alien exploration/contact aspiration, with one of the tasks being visiting the alien homeworld, and then having aspirations focused on each of the 3 careers would've been cool too. Introducing any number of those would've been awesome.

I also think a dance and/or dj focused aspiration with get together would've been great, tho honestly, if they expanded the dance skill and had a dance aspiration in some sort of dance pack, I might be interested in that. Dance is super lame and limited right now and it drives me crazy lol. But some sort of dance/dj/partier aspiration would still be neat.

OKay, so city living already has you maxing the singing skill for their city native aspiration, BUT, I think an entirely singing focused Karaoke Star aspiration would still be a welcome addition. Also, there's so much cool food with city living, I think some kind of food collector aspiration would actually be really fun. Like, where it's just about tasting and learning and cooking all the various food stall foods, it'd be awesome. The city native aspiration is pretty good, but I kind of wish they'd also had more SPECIFIC aspirations focused on the various elements introduced, rather than just one general "city" one.

Bowling skill introduced with bowling night pack, but no bowling aspiration OR specific bowling party event? Lame.

WE NEED VETERINARY AND PET TRAINING FOCUSED ASPIRATIONS FOR CATS AND DOGS OMG WHY WAS HIS NOT INCLUDED???

Okay I actually really like the get famous aspirations already, BUT, I think having one solely focused on the tech introduced in that pack would be really neat. So, like, something all about making and uploading videos, streaming, and burning and releasing tracks. The celebrity focused aspiration is all JUST about becoming famous, with no real concern for how you do it, so something to really highlight that specific tech aspect of the pack would be really cool.

This is another one that I just can't believe was overlooked--WHY WAS THERE NO SWIMMING AND DIVING ASPIRATION WITH ISLAND LIVING??? I was SO excited for that possibility, but the only aspiration they included was just for hanging out on the beach? Come on! How 'bout something that gets you scuba diving, collecting deep sea photographs, all that jazz. Honestly, I kinda wish they'd separated swimming and diving into it's own skill, separate from fitness? SKIING and BOWLING are their own skills, but not swimming? It's super awkward, imo. But, regardless, having a swimming and diving aspiration would be a WELCOME addition to the still QUITE LIMITED fitness category.

And lastly for now, University could totally use another aspiration or two focused on aspects other than the academic--maybe something about being involved in clubs, or the team sports, or even an aspiration ENTIRELY about the robotics and/or engineering skills. I've had DU for a while, and I've yet to do hardly ANYTHING with robotics, even tho it looks super cool, cause there's no aspiration focused on it.

And that's what I've thought of so far based on the packs I'm familiar with. If you're interested, I also have a whole list of social events that I think should have come with various packs but didn't that I also think they should patch in lol.

Edit: I almost forgot! Photography aspiration! We need a freakin' photography aspiration!!
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Completely agree. It's always been my opinion that, at the very least, every time they introduce a new skill or activity, it should come with at least one aspiration focused on it. I think I made a post a while back outlining all the various aspirations that could've come with various packs, and honestly, I really wish they'd patch some of them in, even way after the fact. I remember hearing there was meant to be a "vampire hunter" type aspiration with the vampire pack, along with the 3 vampire aspirations, that they never quite get to before release (that would justify a sim that isn't a vampire wanting to learn about vampire lore), but patching it afterwards would be so great!

Here's some other aspiration ideas I've had based on packs:

Like some have mentioned, a retail/running a business focused pack to go with Get To Work, and then also an owning a restaurant aspiration for dine out. Get to Work also I think would've been a great place to have some sort of alien exploration/contact aspiration, with one of the tasks being visiting the alien homeworld, and then having aspirations focused on each of the 3 careers would've been cool too. Introducing any number of those would've been awesome.

I also think a dance and/or dj focused aspiration with get together would've been great, tho honestly, if they expanded the dance skill and had a dance aspiration in some sort of dance pack, I might be interested in that. Dance is super lame and limited right now and it drives me crazy lol. But some sort of dance/dj/partier aspiration would still be neat.

OKay, so city living already has you maxing the singing skill for their city native aspiration, BUT, I think an entirely singing focused Karaoke Star aspiration would still be a welcome addition. Also, there's so much cool food with city living, I think some kind of food collector aspiration would actually be really fun. Like, where it's just about tasting and learning and cooking all the various food stall foods, it'd be awesome. The city native aspiration is pretty good, but I kind of wish they'd also had more SPECIFIC aspirations focused on the various elements introduced, rather than just one general "city" one.

Bowling skill introduced with bowling night pack, but no bowling aspiration OR specific bowling party event? Lame.

WE NEED VETERINARY AND PET TRAINING FOCUSED ASPIRATIONS FOR CATS AND DOGS OMG WHY WAS HIS NOT INCLUDED???

Okay I actually really like the get famous aspirations already, BUT, I think having one solely focused on the tech introduced in that pack would be really neat. So, like, something all about making and uploading videos, streaming, and burning and releasing tracks. The celebrity focused aspiration is all JUST about becoming famous, with no real concern for how you do it, so something to really highlight that specific tech aspect of the pack would be really cool.

This is another one that I just can't believe was overlooked--WHY WAS THERE NO SWIMMING AND DIVING ASPIRATION WITH ISLAND LIVING??? I was SO excited for that possibility, but the only aspiration they included was just for hanging out on the beach? Come on! How 'bout something that gets you scuba diving, collecting deep sea photographs, all that jazz. Honestly, I kinda wish they'd separated swimming and diving into it's own skill, separate from fitness? SKIING and BOWLING are their own skills, but not swimming? It's super awkward, imo. But, regardless, having a swimming and diving aspiration would be a WELCOME addition to the still QUITE LIMITED fitness category.

And lastly for now, University could totally use another aspiration or two focused on aspects other than the academic--maybe something about being involved in clubs, or the team sports, or even an aspiration ENTIRELY about the robotics and/or engineering skills. I've had DU for a while, and I've yet to do hardly ANYTHING with robotics, even tho it looks super cool, cause there's no aspiration focused on it.

And that's what I've thought of so far based on the packs I'm familiar with. If you're interested, I also have a whole list of social events that I think should have come with various packs but didn't that I also think they should patch in lol.

Wow. This is my dream.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please more there one of my favorite things in game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    That is actually one of the few things I have been complaining about TS4 for years. Lack of new traits, deaths, and aspirations. I was so disappointed when Get to Work came out, and we didn't get aspirations related to the doctor/scientist/police jobs! Let alone a workaholic trait, which would have worked perfectly with that EP. Ugh. I just want more aspirations! (and traits, ofc). How else would people want to try things out after the newness has worn off? Aspirations make you try new things! I haven't legitimately played these jobs in so long, because what's really the point?

So, more aspirations, more traits.

Also, what if elderly people got special aspirations, like children do? Like, you can unlock a few more aspirations as an old person once you age up, such as "best grandparent" in family aspirations, "late life crisis" in wealth/love aspirations, "menace to society" in criminal aspirations. That would be so much fun, and make me want to actually play as an elderly person.
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • Options
    Also, what if elderly people got special aspirations, like children do? Like, you can unlock a few more aspirations as an old person once you age up, such as "best grandparent" in family aspirations, "late life crisis" in wealth/love aspirations, "menace to society" in criminal aspirations. That would be so much fun, and make me want to actually play as an elderly person.

Elders deserve so much more

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Omg the children need more aspirations badly! 6 years and still only 4!! And they need more traits too.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Here's my ideas for added Aspirations:

ADULTS
    Unpopular Nortorious
    Villains
    Mermaid Swimming Master
    Alien Telepathy Master
    Wisdom Master

TEENS
    Growing Pains
    Puberty

CHILD
    Jr. Fitness Master
    Jr. Artist Master
    Jr. Literature Master
    Jr. Nerd Brain Master

• Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Here's my ideas for added Aspirations:

Geez, these are great ideas! If I could figure out how to make Aspirations with the mod constructor, I'd do them myself 🤣
  • Options
    OMG NVM I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE IM GONNA TRY MODDING AGAIN