Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jumanji UPick Mafia - Survivor Win!

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    But does pineapple deserve a place on pizza??? <- Me trynna start a fight.

No. Absolutely not.

Yay! :)
  • Options
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »

It totally does belong on pizza! No one can tell me otherwise XP

Umm....I wouldn't dare attempt to tell you anything! *cough* *barf* :p
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

A resounding NO! :'(

I had never heard of pineapple on a pizza until I was on a ship that had a pizza contest in the Chief's Mess. Some New Yorker made a ham and pineapple pizza. I couldn't believe it! Sacreligeous I say! Apparently, New Yorkers love pineapple on their pizza. *shiver*

No. Absolutely not.

14261a276cebf6ac856b32a98abbfda66c97cbe6.jpg

xSongx wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »

I've never tried it. I want to someday, because it's a whole debate. It doesn't sound all too amazing though.

I love it and a lot of people here in Singapore love it too, it's probably one of the most popular flavors. I don't understand why other people have a problem with the sweet taste on a savory dish. Maybe cuz I'm Asian and we are used to having sweet and sour type of dishes so to us, it makes sense?

You know what's even crazier? Pizza Hut did this new special flavor. XD Bubble Tea pizza.
    pizza-hut-sg-bubble-tea-pizza.jpg

Does that like... genuinely have pizza sauce and cheese and boba? Or is it like a sweet pizza?

I love the sweet and savory combination in general. Like Tacos al Pastor, which is a type of taco where the filling is seasoned meat with pineapple. The grilled meat and juicy pineapple is an amazing combination. The thing that sounds iffy with the pineapple on pizza is like the sauce and cheese and pineapple just sounds so like liquid-y if you get what I mean. I need the textures of food to be nice in addition to the flavor, and the texture of pineapple on pizza doesn't sound very good to me. I'd be down to try it though.

I haven't tried it. Not sure if I will cuz pizzas are just so expensive. XD But I'm thinking it would be sweet pizza. Like just sweet stuff on bread. But I think the cheese would throw it off... :\
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Ok gonna tell a little story here. Hope I don't bore you all too much. All this talk about pizza reminds me when I was stationed on a ship that was homeported in Sardinia.

Now the Italians are known for inventing pizza. Raffaele Esposito in Naples, Italy to be exact. Like I've already said, my favorite "food group" is pizza. So I was excited to have some Italian pizza. On my first visit to the local ristarante, surprise, surprise, I ordered pizza. To say I was greatly disappointed was an understatement.

My pizza was hand tossed and served on a plate. Large enough to cover a normal sized plate. The crust did have a nice flavor to it, but the texture was a bit hard. The sauce was very bland and not seasoned like the American pizzas I was used to. The toppings were very sparse and there was a lot less cheese on the pizza than was I am used to getting. Mainly, because meat and other food products were not in abundance there back in the 70's.

I will say though that I got to visit Rome on a 96 hour liberty for my birthday. There was a pizzeria there that served a deep dish style pizza slices and I have to say that the Rome pizza was a lot better than the La Maddalena pizza, but still not nearly as good as the American pizza I had become accustomed to eating.

That's my pizza story. Hope you enjoyed getting some insight into what food is like in other countries of the world.

Yeah, I don't always believe that a dish that originated from a country will be the best tasting. It all depends on the recipe and who is making it, to be honest.

And recipe has a lot to do with what's available.
  • Options
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »

It totally does belong on pizza! No one can tell me otherwise XP

YAAASSSS.

Noooooo! :p
  • Options
    Ok gonna tell a little story here. Hope I don't bore you all too much. All this talk about pizza reminds me when I was stationed on a ship that was homeported in Sardinia.

Now the Italians are known for inventing pizza. Raffaele Esposito in Naples, Italy to be exact. Like I've already said, my favorite "food group" is pizza. So I was excited to have some Italian pizza. On my first visit to the local ristarante, surprise, surprise, I ordered pizza. To say I was greatly disappointed was an understatement.

My pizza was hand tossed and served on a plate. Large enough to cover a normal sized plate. The crust did have a nice flavor to it, but the texture was a bit hard. The sauce was very bland and not seasoned like the American pizzas I was used to. The toppings were very sparse and there was a lot less cheese on the pizza than was I am used to getting. Mainly, because meat and other food products were not in abundance there back in the 70's.

I will say though that I got to visit Rome on a 96 hour liberty for my birthday. There was a pizzeria there that served a deep dish style pizza slices and I have to say that the Rome pizza was a lot better than the La Maddalena pizza, but still not nearly as good as the American pizza I had become accustomed to eating.

That's my pizza story. Hope you enjoyed getting some insight into what food is like in other countries of the world.

Yeah, I don't always believe that a dish that originated from a country will be the best tasting. It all depends on the recipe and who is making it, to be honest.

And recipe has a lot to do with what's available.

True and also the quality of the ingredients.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Okay, real talk- who's been watching Wandavision on Disney+?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member

Watched the 8th episode today
  • Options
    I am reminded of yet another of my very few G rated sea stories that I can tell. While on my 96 hour liberty to Rome for my birthday, I wanted to visit two places. The Coliseum ,which if I remember correctly, the pizzeria of which I spoke was very near. The other place I wanted to visit was St Peter's Basilica.

As I approached St Peter's, there was a huge crowd exiting the area. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow! They have really large services here!" I was like a fish fighting my way upstream. It seemed everybody was leaving except for me. I finally reached the Basilica and saw this guy in a really nice robe and fancy hat. He waved at me and I waved back. Not sure why, but I felt the need to take his picture with my trusty ole Kodak Instamatic. Sorry young ones, I digress. Sigh. I was amazed by Michelangelo's architectural design and art. Surprised by the number of popes interred below the Basilica as well as Jesus' apostle Peter.

Later that day when I was back at my hotel, I saw the fancy dressed guy on the front page of the newspaper. To my amazement, I discovered that he was Pope John Paul II. I had unknowingly visited St Peter's on the day of his coronation. He had been coronated on my birthday, August 27, 1978.
  • Options

MEeeeeeeeeEEEE!!!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

I saw the first couple of episodes, but I've been a bit too busy to watch the rest yet :sweat_smile:
    I am reminded of yet another of my very few G rated sea stories that I can tell. While on my 96 hour liberty to Rome for my birthday, I wanted to visit two places. The Coliseum ,which if I remember correctly, the pizzeria of which I spoke was very near. The other place I wanted to visit was St Peter's Basilica.

As I approached St Peter's, there was a huge crowd exiting the area. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow! They have really large services here!" I was like a fish fighting my way upstream. It seemed everybody was leaving except for me. I finally reached the Basilica and saw this guy in a really nice robe and fancy hat. He waved at me and I waved back. Not sure why, but I felt the need to take his picture with my trusty ole Kodak Instamatic. Sorry young ones, I digress. Sigh. I was amazed by Michelangelo's architectural design and art. Surprised by the number of popes interred below the Basilica as well as Jesus' apostle Peter.

Later that day when I was back at my hotel, I saw the fancy dressed guy on the front page of the newspaper. To my amazement, I discovered that he was Pope John Paul II. I had unknowingly visited St Peter's on the day of his coronation. He had been coronated on my birthday, August 27, 1978.

So you got to see JPII? That's awesome!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Spoiler alert for those who haven't watched Wandavision.
    You can click below if you have been caught up:
    Join my prayer circle for my boi, Peter. :D
    cNi4NB5.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Spoiler alert for those who haven't watched Wandavision.
    You can click below if you have been caught up:
    Join my prayer circle for my boi, Peter. :D
    cNi4NB5.jpg

OMG I'm dying :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm sorta here, at the hosp. (Consultation and lbloodwork so nothing earth shatteribg) typing slowly with my thumbs. Still might til 6pm yoday?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Night I mean.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Deep dish from Conan's in Austin otherwise hand tossed, but can't really eat pizza now.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    okay, popped in again briefly between doc visit and needing to run my daughter to her high school to resolve a laptop login problem. Should be back for the game.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Okay Nush. Hope your doctor's visit brings only good news! :)
  • Options

Love your stories! Keep 'em coming! And you can share any "not for general audiences" on PM to this appreciative audience.

See you all in a few!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    @Mouselline it still says Day 1 on the thread title
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    @Mouselline it still says Day 1 on the thread title

I’ll change it when day 2 starts. No point in doing it now
  • Options
    Everyone awoke cautiously. Most had been hoping it had all been a dream, that they weren’t actually in Jumanji. Of course they were though. After everyone got up they looked around to see that Bravestone wasn’t there. He was on guard duty, or at least supposed to be. The group split up to look for him only to find him dead, but the body wasn’t normal. It looked like Ruby’s body had, a jumble of 1s and 0s flashing. It was an imposter.

Nush has been killed. Day 2 has started.
  • Options
    I forgot his role. He was a Vengeful Alien
  • Options
    Oh no, this is one of those games where you don't tell the role and alignment of the killed? 😭😭😭
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Oh no, this is one of those games where you don't tell the role and alignment of the killed? 😭😭😭

Lol no