Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermadic Kelp

manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
Hello Simmers! Just a quick question. I have had the Island Living expansion pack installed on my computer for ages now, and not played it yet, but my plan for this evening is to finally get a Sim living on Sulani and on the road to becoming a mermaid. However, I have heard that it can take a month of Sundays to find Mermadic Kelp. How long in your experience did it take you to find some? I would love to do it the more interesting way, but I am wondering whether it's worth just creating a mermaid in CAS.

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Fishing and Diving for Treasure get Mermadic Kelp extremely rarely. There is a hidden cave over by the Shipwreck where your sim can explore and find multiple Kelp. For my game, I usually have a Sims select the Beach aspiration and then just use that ~500 points to buy Kelp.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Yes, like @Kerrigan said, if you don't wish to rely on luck, simply collect 500 satisfaction points and you can buy one in rewards store.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help guys. I want it to be part of the story that she comes across some, I just didn't want it to take days of gameplay. I did find though that you can use the show hidden objects cheat to find it in build mode, so if it takes me too long to find it in the cave, I'm just going to put some on the beach and the story can be that it washed up there.

Thanks again for the replies!
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Took me a while and I was spamming until my sim became uncomfortable. I think it took me almost a week in sims days.
  • Options
    Took me a while and I was spamming until my sim became uncomfortable. I think it took me almost a week in sims days.

Oh wow!! Probably going to end up 'washing up on the beach' then! You have more patience than me! :D