Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-installing the Sims 3 again, I really dont like the Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited April 2021
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I just came back to the sims 3 about a week ago. I have tried and tried to have fun with sims 4, and while I prefer some things about it, I found myself not playing as much as being on here or doing other things with the game running in the background. I left three because of the loading time issues, but I forgot how fun the game play is. I am loving the personality of the townies. They are a real hoot at times.

There are ways to reduce load times. If you search the internet on Sims 3 load times you will find lots of recommendations on how to do that.

There are two mods I use. The one that made a huge difference for me when starting a new game is this mod:

NoVenuePlacement.package

http://modthesims.info/d/424222/24-10-amb-community-lots-auto-placement-fix-add-other-lots-compatible-with-patch-1-63-1-67.html

It stops the game from adding all of the venues that came with expansion packs at the start of a new game.

There is another mod I use that cuts out most of the intro loading screens and music. But I can't remember what it's called and I can't find it in my mods folder, although I know it is in there somewhere as all I see is the loading screen for Into the Future each time I start up the game.
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I had problems with the Launcher recently, so I had to delete everything I had in my Sims 3 files and reinstall my Store Content, my Expansions and my Stuff Packs and started a new Save. The problem I have at the moment is reinstalling the Mods.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @Sleepstar I feel your pain. Somehow and I believe thanks to beta desktop I lost my Sims3 saved games. Took me most of the day but I finally got the game running again w/o the desktop and have all my mods & downloads intact. However not my saved games. Sad but I don't mind starting up something new.

@kiara07 I normally play all versions and enjoy them although I have now removed the original & 2 from this computer. It would be nice if we could all get along
    without comparing no matter what version we play. <3

Also in my Sims 3 game I have the latest update on Origin and have no problems with it. I do have the discs.....somewhere here but as it works I don't worry about it. Plus I thought I read on here or somewhere that it doesn't matter now? Someone can clarify that for me. It might just have been that before you could add your newer bought eps etc without launcher. But now you can't. Sorry I'm rambling. Happy Simming
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion