Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most Played Packs of 2020 pt. 1 (EXPANSIONS)

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
Hello! I've decided that every year from now on, I'd like to do a little experiment and see what the most played pack of the past year was, for my own curiosity and just in case some gurus are here and want to see what we liked and disliked. I've divided into several polls, one for Expansion Packs, one for Game Packs, three for Stuff Packs since there are so many, and one final poll to determine the best pack as of, what will be represented in this edition, December 31st, 2020.

My system for determining the best Stuff Pack can get a little confusing, so I'll be explaining that in a spoiler at the end of the post for anyone interested.

This will be the Expansion Pack Poll. Links to all of the others will be listed shortly as I make them. Please vote for the Expansion Pack you think you played with the most in this past year. There are a few certain rules, because if you have a pack like Seasons that's constantly at play, it's 100% going to win without giving a chance to the others.

Seasons: Just having Seasons active in you game does not count. For Seasons to have been your most played EP, you would have had to go out of your way to make sure Holiday Traditions are completed, made Snowpals, Snow Angels, had water balloon and snowball fights, or other activities in Seasons.

Get Famous: Your sims randomly earning fame doesn't count- you have to have actively tried to become famous, or joined the acting career, or been an influencer, or really used the features included with the pack.

Eco Lifestyle: If you just have the Eco Footprint turned on, that doesn't count. For this to have been your most played pack of the year, you would have had to do N.A.Ps all the time, actively work on changing the Eco Footprint, or something else like recycling a lot.

**NOTE**
I forgot to include Discover University, so if this is your vote, please do NOT vote for a different pack. Just comment and bold it as your answer, and I will do the calculations to make sure that in the final poll the most played pack is accurate. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Stuff Pack Poll System:
There will be two polls, one with the nine oldest Stuff Packs and another with he eight newest. I will take the top five packs from each of these polls after one week, and create a new poll consisting of those options. Whichever pack wins that poll will be considered the most played Stuff Pack of 2020, and will be added the the final poll consisting of the most played Expansion and Game Pack to see the MOST played pack of 2020.

Other Polls:
Game Packs
Stuff Packs #1
Stuff Packs #2
Stuff Pack Finals: N/A
Most Played Pack: N/A
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Most Played Packs of 2020 pt. 1 (EXPANSIONS) 99 votes

Get to Work
9%
aws200EnkiSchmidtEmmpcomicsforlifeRavenSpitCelSimsbella_gothCassieb95BookBear 9 votes
Get Together
10%
alexspoom13BabykittyjadeDoloresGreyGitaj1z1RememberJoyPurpleHeatherSthenastiaBastetcarpe_diem 10 votes
City Living
8%
Frn0731br00kie1RedShoe7Evilyn_1007netney52CayleyCarlsonEliasVersaceHandel 8 votes
Cats & Dogs
7%
cchant86ashcrash19MoonfoxNightcryannaliese39KimmerMeowchaFrappeminininja 7 votes
Seasons
33%
auroraael14julienrob2004Icewolfbandit5BlkBarbiegalColorist40ElnVldjimbbqgoodcakebaker62YautjagirlLustianiciapajamajam07peterskywalkerKhrisstyneParmaViolet87EvaliynBOYNoree_DoreeBreazonaHearts4u 33 votes
Get Famous
4%
GalacticGalZebSimsOliwkaWidmoVeeDub 4 votes
Island Living
11%
g01denswanMissmagoo2Onversertexxx78sillyangel0906DopieDopeSimLiELFsimesmerizedAbbyZhaisinKerrigan 11 votes
Eco Lifestyle
13%
Akl500Plori171957MelisendrePaigeisin5taydevHarukotyanAquaGamer1212mustenifilipomeljoRN1414TTNsimmerSimyimZoeyevester 13 votes
Snowy Escape
4%
PlayerSinger2010simgirl1010emeresuperkyle221 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    Island Living
    I feel i play a lot with different packs but i have to choose island living cause most of my sims lived in sulani in 2020. And they actively engaged in beach activities (not so much in the culture).
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Get Together
    I vote for get together because my sims either live or spend most of their time there. I use groups often. Actually I play cats and dogs almost as much, however brindleton bay is kind of more boring than windenburg.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Get to Work
    probably get to work, as i've been playing the Goths and Mortimer is a scientist (as he should be) & i've been playing with aliens too.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to work (mostly playing a scientist) with Get Together close second (I use clubs alot and the world is my main world to use).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Island Living
    This was so hard to pick, but I ended up choosing Island Living, because I had quite intense story going on there with Layla, Charles and Makoa and I played the conservationist career for the first time in 2020 after Layla graduated from Foxbury.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I have definitely played a bit of everything, but I picked Eco Lifestyle because I played with NAPs a lot, especially in the beginning, removing the unwanted ones through gameplay. I also deep dived into fabrication skill (and dumpsters too). I have played around in the world a bit and renewed some parts of it. I still haven't tried all aspects of the pack, but it has been quite central to my gameplay 2020.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Snowy Escape
    It's difficult for me to choose because I regularly play with features from all packs. I chose Snowy Escape simply because that's the most recently released and I've been focused on that lately. Six months ago it would have been Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited January 2021
    My vote goes to discover university. I got that pack during the 2019 Christmas sale and played it for a few months. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be on your list.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It was Discover University for me as well. I played that pack a lot.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I can't answer this question quite honestly. I now use all of them randomly and I now cannot tell which objects and items came from what packs. I have all of them, so am continually finding new interactions between packs.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Get Together
    Very interesting..... I thought my answer would have been different but from the way you describe it I think its get together. Though I use parts of all packs but when I think about (one) of the things I actively do most it's use clubs and the dance/dj/ party stuff. I use the club system to form dance groups where they practice then perform on stage.
    I use a mod to own clubs and run them with stuff from get together.
    I use to live for those get together invites before they were nerfed 😑
    I use the do this or go here together feature literally every play and I'm constantly forming groups. The world is one of my most used because of how big it is.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Seasons
    I feel like I never stop playing with this one but it has definitely been a big part of my gameplay this year.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    As I send the bulk of my Sims to Uni (though not always living on campus) I'm going to have to go with that one. I do make holidays and try to fill them, but I don't do a lot of other seasonal activities with my Sims.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Get Famous
    I love the new and IMPROVED fame-system. I wanted the singer career back, because that's what I miss the most from Sims3. But, there is a mod — actually a couple of them that gave me the ability to have him back. He worked very hard over the summer months before he had to return to high school to begin his quest for fame. By the time he reached his Senior Year, he was a Global Superstar. Yes, the Paparazzi followed him to his dorm at Britechester-U. Happily for him, they didn't follow him into the shower, but it wasn't for lack of trying. LOL One did catch a snapshot of him in his "Tomi-Johns", however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited January 2021
    Cats & Dogs
    It's absolutely Cats & Dogs for me. Most of my Sims have either a cat or a dog or both (or multiples) and I use a lot of the CAS and b&b items. I always place my favorite restaurant, a seafood one in Brindleton Bay, I love that world. Because my Sims have a lot of pets the vet clinic in Brindleton Bay gets a lot of visits too.
    Cats & Dogs is my favorite expansion pack and it's for sure my most played one also. There is no competition in this category.
  • Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2021
    City Living
    Chose City living because most of my families live there and when at uni many room there... but played with island living university cats and dogs and city living... think they all get used :)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Get to Work
    I'm afraid it's Get to work. My sims' adventures in Komorebi and Sulani are more memorable, but GTW wins by sheer virtue of most of my sims being in the detective career, so by merely playing their everyday lifes I'm racking up GTW points. Also one of my Strangerville playthroughs heavily featured a detective. My favorite family has an alien daughter, not sure if her mere existance counts, because other than one trip to Sixam she doesn't do any alien things.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons. My sims are always celebrating the holidays and birthday parties are even better with this expansion.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living is ridiculously relaxing to me. Sulani has become my home away from home. I love taking my sims out on a raft, working on a sun tan, playing on the beach, attempting to drown elders, and just generally having fun in the sun.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Get to Work
    I find myself using aliens a lot, mostly because they always look so pretty in their real forms, and I can dress them as crazy as I want. :wink:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    City Living
    As discover university is not an option I will say city living. I use city living all the time however discover university is now essential to my game (like the weather with seasons) and can't play without it.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Seasons
    I probably should have picked Get Together. I use the club system a lot.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    City Living
    City Living for me as well. It was one of the first packs I purchased and in my randomized townie rotation, I get a LOT of the San Myshuno ones, both townies and the families I've made in-game. Pretty much the only apartments left now are the ones with "issues."

I will also give a shoutout to Seasons though, as the calendar system and holidays are still always a nice touch.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    My vote goes to discover university. I got that pack during the 2019 Christmas sale and played it for a few months. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be on your list.

I knew I forgot something. I'll have to make sure to do some calculations to get an accurate set of data then :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited January 2021
    Seasons
    I organize my rotational play around the holidays, choosing what order to play my families in based on who I want to have which holiday. And my season are set to 4 weeks each and all but 2 of the 16 weeks have a holiday in them... so I think I have to say Seasons.
    Also both of Father Winter's twin daughters are in the gardening career, and I have an animated Patchy in my ghost household. So I do use more than just the holidays.

Get Together is probably second because without it my community lots would be boring. I have clubs that meet at "any <almost every lot type>" so there is almost always a group in the background doing their thing to make the venue seem alive, and the pub games are in almost every bar lot and in some of my houses and vacation rentals. So even though I can go months without having a club gathering with my active sim, it's affects my game almost every time I go to a community lot.