Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2021 (Now Live)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2021
    7 Days!!!!!
    1 Week!!!!
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I honestly think we're going to get one item or one aspect of gameplay. I'm still not excited but I am curious.

This! Babies?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I honestly think we're going to get one item or one aspect of gameplay. I'm still not excited but I am curious.

I think there will be more then 1 item. Their working with 21 creators. Some speculate we ll get 21 items.

Only 1 item would be a major disappointment especially since this patch is coming on a Thursday. Thursday updates are usually big.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2021

I think there will be more then 1 item. Their working with 21 creators. Some speculate we ll get 21 items.

Only 1 item would be a major disappointment especially since this patch is coming on a Thursday. Thursday updates are usually big.

I hope so. I've not cared for some of the direction of the packs lately such as the Starwars pack and the paranormal pack only being an Sp instead of a huge EP with updated ghosts, Grim interactions, Grim house, real graveyards, urns/gravestone-huge selections, cremation, funerals, dangerous, ect.

What I would like in a free patch would be:
    1. Freed infants with either a pack following or their own stuff
    2. Cars/classics/vans/trucks/4wheelers/little yard vehicles for kids/small tricyles and foot cars for toddlers to peddle around on
    3. Graveyards added to
    4. Underwater place for mermaids

Probably won't be in a patch, but at some point another world with at least (4) 64x64 lots and other lots of different sizes. I need a hood for my own sims to live in and one for businesses.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »

I hope so. I've not cared for some of the direction of the packs lately such as the Starwars pack and the paranormal pack only being an Sp instead of a huge EP with updated ghosts, Grim interactions, Grim house, real graveyards, urns/gravestone-huge selections, cremation, funerals, dangerous, ect.

What I would like in a free patch would be:
    1. Freed infants with either a pack following or their own stuff
    2. Cars/classics/vans/trucks/4wheelers/little yard vehicles for kids/small tricyles and foot cars for toddlers to peddle around on
    3. Graveyards added to
    4. Underwater place for mermaids

Probably won't be in a patch, but at some point another world with at least (4) 64x64 lots and other lots of different sizes. I need a hood for my own sims to live in and one for businesses.

If we could get another blank world like Newcrest we'd atleast have a chance of empty 64x64 lots.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    its nice to have this to look forward to wish there was a pack as well though
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Maybe this next update might be a pre-pack update for the modeling pack that was teased.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Maybe this next update might be a pre-pack update for the modeling pack that was teased.

I hope the Next Pack isn't on modeling. I'd rather it be on Resorts or Romance. Modeling could come in a Stuffpack.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What are the variety of things that cc creators do? Or what is considered as cc?
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    What are the variety of things that cc creators do? Or what is considered as cc?

CAS and Objects think body hair,nail polish,wedding veils,sleepware,peircings,, eyelashes,freckles,furniture etc
  • Options
    OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I just want them to fix the bug that makes my Sims unable to cook. I haven't played Sims 4 in more than a month, I opened it today, and yup, the bug is still there, my Sim just takes the ingredients out of the fridge and stands there holding them...
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    CC is the short form Custom Content. Everyone except EA who adds something to customize the game is a CC creator. Technically, mods are also CC.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @catloverplayer @83bienchen thanks. So, the anniversary present can be anything... like a collection of furniture, a custom world, features like body hair... the good part is that the 25th is close now 😅
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Has any of modders successfully creates either circular staircase or bunkbeds? Would be a Surprise these two are on the list.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    @catloverplayer @83bienchen thanks. So, the anniversary present can be anything... like a collection of furniture, a custom world, features like body hair... the good part is that the 25th is close now 😅

It could be. That's up to Maxis as to how many we get. If it's only one item I'm going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Has any of modders successfully creates either circular staircase or bunkbeds? Would be a Surprise these two are on the list.

A cc creator created a working bunk bed but I forgot who it was who created it.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

It could be. That's up to Maxis as to how many we get. If it's only one item I'm going to be disappointed.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, Valentine's Day has come & gone.

They don’t tie patch releases to holidays, it was also on a Sunday, patches don’t release weekends. Next week patch could possibly include it.
    I agree with SelinaKyles's statement on this because I have seen where they have released a holiday content near the date of the holiday, but not on the holiday. It was usually the week before or of or after the holiday. So just because that Valentine's Day has come and gone doesn't mean that they can't still release something in celebration of Valentine's Day.
    And speaking of holidays. Happy Lunar News Years to those whom are celebrating. IT's the Year of the Ox. For those whom are wondering what this Lunar New Year is.

That reminds me they've quit doing Christmas Content.We didn't get the free holiday update in December.
    Yeah well, they are under no obligation what so ever to release any holiday contents just because there's a holiday coming. They only did that so we can celebrate the holiday in our games. Which is to say that they are being generous to us by doing so. And for the other part, the part of that there was no Christmas contents that was released last Christmas. And that can be explained away too, in that there is a global pandemic going on. And some of them are having to work from home these days. Which is to say about what I had stated in a post above about how released contents for the game might be cut back. This includes any free updates and free holiday contents.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

CC Bunk Beds:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/41465920
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-adultbedroom/title/pandasama-functional-bunk-bed/id/1517532/

Non-CC Method:
    https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-4-bunk-beds-guide/

I haven't seen any spiral staircases, but there's a rough workaround to make them: https://simscommunity.info/2020/11/12/player-creates-spiral-stairs-using-nothing-but-platforms-in-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited February 2021
    I might be getting my hopes up, but I think maybe the fact that they are partnering with 21 CC creators could mean that something that only CC creators have done so far is going to be added.

Lots of CC creators have made bunk beds, cars, horses, farms, body hair, and better hairs (especially for curly & afro hair), which are all highly requested features in the game.

Hopefully a few of these may be patched in for the anniversary, but for the 20th we only got a hot tub, so I’m not going to be too eager to speculate.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    At present, I'm expecting 5-10 assets (either CAS or Build/Buy) and maybe - maybe - a system based on an existing mod if it also suits an upcoming pack (not necessarily the next one.)

Yes, I'm expecting many of the assets and (if it exists) definitely the system to be collabs between the various CC makers. Either that or the French tweet where the 21 comes from was a miss-statement or mistranslation, which is still a possibility.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm feeling gloomy today and my expectations are: Some tweets or a video highlighting CC creators and how they can improve your game.
    If we actually get any thing at all added in with the patch I'll be thrilled.