Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Education Pack or American Highschool Ideas

If/When we do get a American Highschool or an Education School pack I myself is leaning towards wanting an education School pack because I want to include toddlers and kids not just Teens. I also wouldn't mind if the school was a rabbit hole I know a lot of simmers hate/ dislike rabbit holes sorry but I don't mind.
Now to the ideas.
Spirit Week
Basically do something for the school for every day of the week until the big game also prank rivals like in university.
Big Game a sports game like in Uni but maybe a basketball or a football game or a baseball game and you have to practice for an even greater chance to win the game.
Prom if you want prom king or queen you can have sims vote for your sim like in eco living
Senior Ditch Day especially if your senior you get to ditch school.
Then I want consequences like if get caught trying to ditch or have pop up options and you pick the wrong option there's Detention basically staying like an hour after school.
Parents are mad especially if you get caught ditching.
Now for all schools
Pajamas Day
Crazy Hair Day
Dress up as an animal Day
Opposite Day
Twin Day.
If you have more ideas please share them.

Comments

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I myself would be more interested in just a High School pack. But if it were school in general, I basically have just a few requests, and it's for the High School level

Clique/Rival Clique system please. I wouldn't want a school pack without this option.
    Pep Rally event, to go along with your Game Day idea.
    More after school activities (animal rights club, sports, cheerleading, band club, etc.)

And maybe one of the activities requirement could be a certain grade? (ie you have to have a C or higher or get kicked out)

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I myself would be more interested in just a High School pack. But if it were school in general, I basically have just a few requests, and it's for the High School level

Clique/Rival Clique system please. I wouldn't want a school pack without this option.
    Pep Rally event, to go along with your Game Day idea.
    More after school activities (animal rights club, sports, cheerleading, band club, etc.)

And maybe one of the activities requirement could be a certain grade? (ie you have to have a C or higher or get kicked out)

Oh yeah the prep rally was always included in spirit Week just didn't know how to say it lol.
    Yes more after school activities and clubs that you can be in to help you on too Uni with the skills also yes the get kicked out of school expulsion if grades or bad or you done something extremely and also a chance to drop out but that has another thread already.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Why american? That's not a particularly inclusive concept.
    What have you got against the rest of the world?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

American Highschool was asked in a survey or have you forgotten???
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

American Highschool was asked in a survey or have you forgotten???

What survey?
  • Options
    amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    @Movotti the one from april, https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/28/the-sims-4-survey-vote-for-potential-new-features-and-improvements/
  • Options
    amaniaaa wrote: »
    Well. That's thoroughly disappointing.
    I didn't even know about it, and so never had the opportunity to vote.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The survey covered some of what I want to see with the high school cliques and cheer leading but there so much much more I want to see and what they listed really mostly caters to female Sims. With the cliques there should be ways to set certain groups like the cheer leaders, football team which really should be in this they did say American high school and set groups of Sims that are friends but not tied to a activity.

Active classes with chalk boards and desks locked to them like the yoga trainer where they can take test do assignments or listen to the teacher lesson or completely ignore those maybe prank the class Sims 3 style teen could work well if one class was lab. They could also reuse some content we have maybe slightly altered like a drama class for our teens who want to become celebrities or a swim team since all the animation work has been done for that besides the dive into the pool.

A variety of style of clothing to make the teens look different seeing as they have flamboyant covered I'd love to see some gothic grungy outfits, athletic and basic clothing like t-shirts that are not skin tight

Lunch room and principle office needs to be a thing with many ways to get in trouble can the principle be the Mrs Crumplebottom of the high school please
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The survey covered some of what I want to see with the high school cliques and cheer leading but there so much much more I want to see and what they listed really mostly caters to female Sims. With the cliques there should be ways to set certain groups like the cheer leaders, football team which really should be in this they did say American high school and set groups of Sims that are friends but not tied to a activity.

Active classes with chalk boards and desks locked to them like the yoga trainer where they can take test do assignments or listen to the teacher lesson or completely ignore those maybe prank the class Sims 3 style teen could work well if one class was lab. They could also reuse some content we have maybe slightly altered like a drama class for our teens who want to become celebrities or a swim team since all the animation work has been done for that besides the dive into the pool.

A variety of style of clothing to make the teens look different seeing as they have flamboyant covered I'd love to see some gothic grungy outfits, athletic and basic clothing like t-shirts that are not skin tight

Lunch room and principle office needs to be a thing with many ways to get in trouble can the principle be the Mrs Crumplebottom of the high school please

Man that school going to turn into a nightmare with Mrs. Crumple bottom principal and beating kids with her purse. Lol!!! Yeah I would like teens to have their own clothes like you said goth, slacker, punk, plastic style aka mean girls, cheerleaders, jock as in letterman jacket,

Also if you got into sports all through you get a special letterman jacket and girls get it too.
  • Options
    DoctorDMan70DoctorDMan70 Posts: 2 New Member
    Education Game Pack would be a great add-on. Toddlers will go to Preschool, Child will go to Elementary School, and Teens will go to High School, but going along with them would be fun for the console and PC.

Preschool:
    Preschool Graduation
    Preschool Homework (level up a skill)

Elementary School:
    School Dances
    Class Parties
    More School Clubs
    Gifted Program (More challenging for skills)
    Class Schedules

High School:
    High School Graduation
    Prom
    Sports Senior Night
    More School Clubs
    Honors Program (More challenging for skills)
    College Visits and Tours
    Class Schedules

University:
    Fraternities and Sororities
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The only thing i would ask for is for active school. We could opt to play the school day or just let the kid go to rabitthole like we do with active jobs.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    The only thing i would ask for is for active school. We could opt to play the school day or just let the kid go to rabitthole like we do with active jobs.

I would like active job like active school but I wish we can switch out like in Sims 3 to see what the rest of the family is doing like one at work, one at home and one at school.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    All I want is highschool fun and drama. I feel like university focused on education. I tried hard to last but my sim dropped out of uni. 😆😆😆
    I really want teens to focus on the mischief side of things!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Love the Idea and American HS was one of the tops for me in the last survey, but my only concern is ONE high school for ALL worlds.
    It’s like seen Bella Goth in Sulani and then in Strangervill, I mean WHY? So annoying! It makes me paranoid lol 😆 so to see ALL the teens/kids in the same school... just to think about it makes me crazy.

So in my opinion, I think they need to focus on Teen Life, stuff like after school activities (cheerleading or band), cliques, teen parties when parents are off lot, idk that some of my ideas. Oh and mall can be cool where teens can hangout and cafeteria and makeup and shopping and stuff 💅

• Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I honestly couldn't care less about the "American" experience but I'd love a High School Pack with a more universal theme. :smile:
    he/him
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    I think I gave the “American High school pack” quite low points in the survey, I would LOVE a school pack but I think we really need more cultural worlds in sims 4, we already have so many worlds inspired by US (Oasis Springs, Willow Creeks, Newcrest…). (The low points was because of the American world). I want a “social ranking” system, different groups and a “group ranking system”, some struggles (bullying), student council organization that will give you vote for “suggestions” that will change your school (similar to Eco Lifestyles)

Here are my ideas:

NEW WORLD
    A world that works similar to Britechester (Discover University EP) with different buildings (rabbit holes and active buildings) with schoolyard, cafeteria, kindergarten and library (where you can level up your skills: art/music/logic/charisma/motor, do your homework and execute “tasks of the day”), form social groups, try to become the king/queen of the school

While we already have so many American inspired worlds, maybe instead a world inspired with a country that is famous for their education system (Germany/Finland?/Nordic country-> kindergarten? I don´t know haha) 😊. Maybe a Nordic country so you can have a snowy mountain to go skiing/sledding on a field trip?

Rabbit holes:
    Buildings with classrooms for elementary & High school, Student council organization

Active buildings:
    Library, Cafeteria, Kindergarten, parks/outdoor areas (similar to hiking areas in Snowy Escape) where you can go on field trips.

KINDERGARTEN
    The option to send your sim alone or to follow with them. If you go with them you will be sent to the “Kindergarten building”.
    Activities: Complete “tasks of the day”, Meet new kids, go on field trips, visit museum/library, level up your toddler skills, test the patience of your preschool teachers 😊

ELEMENTARY SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL (Kids & Teens)
    The option to send your sim alone or to follow with them. If you go with them you will be sent to the cafeteria/library (you will see all the buildings with classrooms and the school yard). Chose to go to a regular program or apply for a “special” program.

Activities: complete “daily tasks (to complete)”, National test/Test, do homework, study skills, meet other sims and form friendship, go on field trips, visit museum/library

Programs for education Elementary / High school:
    *1 “regular program”: working on all skills
    *Option to apply for “special programs”: 1. ART (creativity, painting, music, dancing, acting, etc), 2. SPORT (motor/fitness/skiing/etc), 3. SCIENCE (logic, rocket science, etc). If you graduate (teen) from a “special program” with very high grades you will get a reward (e.g. boost in artistic/sport/science careers).

NEW FEATURES

*Social ranking system – Same design as the “reputation system” (Get famous), will affect you sim in different negative/positive ways, be the popular kid or the wallflower that strokes along the walls… Get your ranking up by befriending the “right peoples”, joining the “right” groups, bullying/mocking others (you will lower their social ranking at the same time), etc

*Groups system & Group ranking – join a group: POPULAR, NERDY, ARTSY, SCARY & BRAINIACS. This will give you customized tasks, if you complete them you will level up your “group ranking”. You need to level your “group ranking” to the highest level if you will try to become a “leader of the group”.

*Bullying – This will tie great into a “Life struggles” pack and give “negative life points” and maybe “Struggles” (it´s a post about the “Life struggles” pack here: (scroll down to the #6 post):

ABOUT GROUPS
    You can have different rankings within a group and to become the leader you need to get the highest ranking and convince the others to choose you as their leader. Becoming the leader of a group can cause you some trouble (like negative sentiments/disagreements with the current leader).

POPULAR
    It´s all about becoming the most popular kid in school.
    Higher group ranking will give you: constant increased “social ranking”
    It´s easier to convince others to choose you as their leader: with bribes/money, with a high social ranking, if you have a lot of friends, if others gain the sentiment “impressed” by you (you get this if you have an awesome party for example)

BRANIACS
    It´s all about studies and getting good grades.
    Higher group ranking will give you: increased grades, a small increased “social ranking” (just once every time you get your group ranking up).

(ETC)

STUDENT COUNCIL ORGANIZATION
    The student council organization will use a similar system to the NAPs from Eco Lifestyles, but you will have different categories that you will choose a “suggestion” for. You can try to influence your representatives “suggestions” or why try to become a representative yourself and get the opportunity to chose what “suggestions” that shall be voted upon. All students will vote for “suggestions” but as a representative or chairman you will have more votes to use.

Try to become chosen representative for your class (Sport/Art/Science/Regular program, 2 representatives per program). You will need to get the most votes to become one of the chosen representative. Try to convincing your classmates to get their votes (easier with a high “social ranking” or with bribes=money). Or just convince your teachers (they have “stronger” votes, convince by having high grades, a high relationship with the teacher or just use bribes=money).

Chose your “suggestions” for different categories and try to convince your classmates. Go to meetings that increase your grades, charisma skill & debate skill (please EA dived the research&debate skill into two separate skills!). Try to convince the other representatives/your teachers to become the chairman (=easier to implement your “suggestions” ->you will get more “votes” that you can use).

Different categories and “suggestions”:
    1. CAFETERIA FOOD – options/”chose your “suggestion”:
    A. All vegetarian/vegan B. Junk-food C. Healthy food D. Gourmet food (higher price) E. Cheaper food (lower quality)
    2. SCHOOL PROJECTS - options/”chose your “suggestion”:
    A. Anti-bullying B. More field trips C. More sports - physical exercise (affect the “daily task” for everyone) D. More art E. More mental/logic/etc D. More homework E. Less homework F. Raise the status for Representatives/Chair man (All representative/Chair man increase their “Social ranking system”)

ETC

NEW ASPIRATIONS:
    1. King/Queen of the school
    Reward trait: Social spider (works similar to the “Connections” trait and you will start at a higher level in ALMOST all careers, not science careers etc).
    Milestones: e.g. get the highest social ranking, become prom king/queen, become the leader of the POPULAR group and complete all tasks

2. Mr. /Mrs. Smarty pants
    Reward trait: Mr. /Mrs. Smarty pants
    Milestones: e.g. become the leader of the BRAINIACS group and complete all tasks, become a student council representative, become a student council chairman, implement 3 of your “suggestions”

3. Dictator
    Reward trait: Dictator
    Milestones: e.g. become the leader of the SCARY group, etc.

(ETC…)

Deleted.
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • Options
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    Love the Idea and American HS was one of the tops for me in the last survey, but my only concern is ONE high school for ALL worlds.
    It’s like seen Bella Goth in Sulani and then in Strangervill, I mean WHY? So annoying! It makes me paranoid lol 😆 so to see ALL the teens/kids in the same school... just to think about it makes me crazy.

So in my opinion, I think they need to focus on Teen Life, stuff like after school activities (cheerleading or band), cliques, teen parties when parents are off lot, idk that some of my ideas. Oh and mall can be cool where teens can hangout and cafeteria and makeup and shopping and stuff 💅

I honestly like seeing sims in other world's or maybe because we're couped up in real world but I do like seeing sims in other world's because I would really get bored seeing the same sims in one world over and over I do like the variety.
  • Options
    All I want is highschool fun and drama. I feel like university focused on education. I tried hard to last but my sim dropped out of uni. 😆😆😆

I would like both academics but also the mischief and the drama because you know it's still Highschool like Becca's not talking to you because you talked to Brad and you know Becca liked Brad. Also I want it to look like Highschool musical the outfits like the cheerleader outfits the letterman jackets dress up like your in band, something like that.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I would like both academics but also the mischief and the drama because you know it's still Highschool like Becca's not talking to you because you talked to Brad and you know Becca liked Brad. Also I want it to look like Highschool musical the outfits like the cheerleader outfits the letterman jackets dress up like your in band, something like that.

You're getting me excited lol 😆😆
    This is definitely one of things that's been on my list of most wanted for years. Never thought highschool would even be considered because everyone just screamed for Uni.
    And @carpe_diem love the idea of bullying being integrated with the life struggles idea from the survey
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member

Lol I left my jock/goofball Sim unattended in Uni while I played other households and when I went to check on him he was immediately expelled for low grades, I assume because he kept skipping class to hit the slopes. The college path is not for everyone, haha.
  • Options

You're getting me excited lol 😆😆
    This is definitely one of things that's been on my list of most wanted for years. Never thought highschool would even be considered because everyone just screamed for Uni.
    And @carpe_diem love the idea of bullying being integrated with the life struggles idea from the survey

Sims 3 was that really got the idea because the prom and graduation like teens were doing stuff and it was fun to be a teen in Sims 3 so Sims 4 should add a little more onto that I feel.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm not very good at how American High Schools exactly work... me being from Europe myself but here is what I would want...

An active high school with several activities that your teens could do. Cheerleading, football, skating etc, real animations and not any rabbit holes (we have animated rollerskating, it's totally possible to make more animated activities). Events like sports games, proms, competitions in science or art.

Different types of High School Cliques with pre-made sims that your teens could join or work against, like geeks, skaters, outsiders, hipsters, mean girls, emo kids, rockers, drifters... maybe you could do missions for them and earn rewards. They would hang out at different places at the high school.

The high school would be divided into different zones (not just one zone like in Discover University), a dorm where you live, with the option to add a fridge (don't force us to travel to a cafeteria all the time, that was annoying), a main high school where you can study, attend classes, eat and hang out in the corridors, and an arena with an outside area. They need to be different zones so they don't look deserted with the 20 sims per zone limit, you can make them smaller, no need to make them so huge like they were in Discover University.

I also hope that there would be good balancing between fun and studying, I often felt with Discover University that there was little time to do anything else but studying, it took too long to go to the different activities. Going to high school should work like in Get to Work, you should get the option if you want to go there or if you just want a rabbit hole. The events and activities should be part of the school so you don't lose performance and when they happen you should get a choice to attend them and then you can teleport to the zone where they are.
  • Options
    Sorry to bring up this thread but I was thinking we need PTA parents both mom or dads especially the stay at home parents for the grade school kids give them something to do like go to pta meetings, run and become pta president, volunteer at the school have a parent join or kick out a parent from the pta.