Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

editing sims university

it's been a while, but i remember this:
You can edit university when your Sim isn't there. When your Sim goes home, click on Edit Town, and the university world will be at the top. Click on that icon, and it takes you back into university. You can edit to your heart's desire

but what i can't remember is saving the actual edited actually university file. you can't save except from home. i can't remember what i did to make sure the university saved. am i right in remembering that it creates a "sims university.world" file inside the saved game file? like i said, it's been a while since i've done university.

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You are correct. The edited university is saved when you save in the home world. If you want, you can then copy the nhd file and put it in another save.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The .world file is the underlying master file for the world, the one that will load in any ongoing game that takes sims to Uni World for the first time. This is not the file you are editing in-game that way, you are creating/editing an .nhd file that is local to that game save as Irene said. And yes, it can be transplanted into another (new) ongoing game that hasn't yet seen Uni World, but it won't automatically become the default Uni World to load otherwise.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    You are correct. The edited university is saved when you save in the home world. If you want, you can then copy the nhd file and put it in another save.

i honestly feel that pandemic stress has eaten my memory. :) thank you for letting me know i was remembering correctly.
    igazor wrote: »
    The .world file is the underlying master file for the world, the one that will load in any ongoing game that takes sims to Uni World for the first time. This is not the file you are editing in-game that way, you are creating/editing an .nhd file that is local to that game save as Irene said. And yes, it can be transplanted into another (new) ongoing game that hasn't yet seen Uni World, but it won't automatically become the default Uni World to load otherwise.

that's awesome!!

thank y'all !!!! :)

• Options
    > @igazor said:
    > The .world file is the underlying master file for the world, the one that will load in any ongoing game that takes sims to Uni World for the first time. This is not the file you are editing in-game that way, you are creating/editing an .nhd file that is local to that game save as Irene said. And yes, it can be transplanted into another (new) ongoing game that hasn't yet seen Uni World, but it won't automatically become the default Uni World to load otherwise.

oooooh this is exciting, with this i could completely make ovefr the uni world
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

Yes you could, but you need to be careful about some things. The group science project can't be placed within the game. It's not available in buy debug, and in fact, if you save the lot and place it in another world, the group science project won't be there. I found this out the hard way. So if you want to keep the group science project in the world, leave that lot alone.

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Yes you could, but you need to be careful about some things. The group science project can't be placed within the game. It's not available in buy debug, and in fact, if you save the lot and place it in another world, the group science project won't be there. I found this out the hard way. So if you want to keep the group science project in the world, leave that lot alone.

I have moved the Science Project into my game just fine. Here is a lot on the exchange with it too, and it works: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9374157

I'm not sure why it works for me and not you.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures