Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More After School Activities for Children and Teens

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SoftballChick_88SoftballChick_88 Posts: 13 New Member
    Skateboarding Club would be awesome to have. I know that's not something you usually see official but alot of teens skateboard
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I agree! It was nice to get scouts and drama club, I like those a lot, but it seems to have stalled there, which is quite a shame as I feel like after school activities help add a lot towards personalizing different kid's experiences. At least one sports team would be nice (especially if they let kids who have maxed motor skill gain fitness from say, swimming and playing soccer--still don't understand why that's not a thing lol), along with chess club, jr debate team, school band, chorus, science club, art club, school newspaper, and year book (which could focus on photography skill) seem like basic minimums really. I'm not sure why they didn't add jr after school versions of things like the soccer team, esports team, debate guild, art society, robotics club, ect with university, that seems like a prime opportunity for something like that, along with scholarship and distinguished degree opportunities for excelling in them. (For that matter, there's a "super scout" scholaarship you can apply for, but I don't think I've ever seen something like that for drama club, which is a shame.)

Anyway, yeah, I'm glad we have the 2 we have, as well as the part time job options for teens, but I really wish they'd continue to add after school activities so we had more options for personalizing each sim child's experience.
  • Options
    BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2021
    Small jobs for kids after school.

Paper Rout
    Mowing Lawns
    Walking Dogs
    Pet Sitter
    Lemon Aid Stand

Let kids save Similions in their piggy banks. Piggy Banks can save up to 1,000 Similions. When full, they can smash it, then a window pops up like when you buy from a vendor, allowing the kid or teen to pick something they have been saving up for; A special box of rare cards, a special brand of shoes that you can only be unlocked through the Piggy Bank, an early release of a video game they can play on computer or console, something for their pets and other rare collectables.
    Post edited by Blackkatness on