Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No leaks, Sim Guru tweets or confirmations about the next DLC?

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    oh I hope its not school like nah no not vibing with it university is enough of school for my sims

only good parts i could see is if they add proms there could be couple dance but even so id rather just have my romance pack already
    High School Musical came out when I was 24 so it was not something I was interested in watching 😆, so while I’ve heard of it I’m pretty clueless about it. But I just looked it up and it seems the plot is sorta based on Romeo and Juliet. Could that make this idea sort of interesting? Maybe..

idk I haven't watched high school musical to know what it is about but everything ive heard makes me hiss like vlad :lol:
    I haven't seen any of the High school musical shows either. But I know what they are about from seeing the promos that they do for the shows. I think I rather watch the grass grow than to watch those High school musical shows. And then there's Descendants, and that one with zombies in it. It's just the networks trying to cash in on the fame of Broadway Musicals. In my opinion, I think that they should just leave the musicals up to Broadway. I know that the networks are trying new things. But sometimes new things don't turn out so great.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    If these High School Musical quotes really mean something, I think they are hinting at high school in general, not at musicals, nor at Disney.
    I could be wrong, but I think this would be a really obvious hint to high school romance, cliques, drama, nerds, cheerleaders and football players... Because that is what HSM is about. And considering the survey we had about this specific topic, the fact that we can see a school (that really looks like a high school building) at the end of the Nifty Knitting trailer, I believe a high school pack is a strong possibility. I would love for my teenage sims to have more dimension !
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    If these High School Musical quotes really mean something, I think they are hinting at high school in general, not at musicals, nor at Disney.
    I could be wrong, but I think this would be a really obvious hint to high school romance, cliques, drama, nerds, cheerleaders and football players... Because that is what HSM is about. And considering the survey we had about this specific topic, the fact that we can see a school (that really looks like a high school building) at the end of the Nifty Knitting trailer, I believe a high school pack is a strong possibility. I would love for my teenage sims to have more dimension !

I hope it comes with preteens like a survey suggested some years ago. I'd be so thrilled about it.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    It can be a Music Pack
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Despite the Disney Deal, I highly doubt that we're getting a High School Musical Pack.

High School? Probably.

High School Musical? Doubtful
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    High schools and music bands would be lovely. I think it would be nice if we could also play teachers and school principals not just the students.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    If we must get another school pack,I hope the schools remain rabbit holes. Following my Sims to school sounds dreadfully dull.

Definately don't want active classes but I can see some scope with the social side like breaktimes, after school activities and prom.
    I think Sims 4 generally does nights out in bars/clubs pretty well so a prom event could work a treat!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    If we must get another school pack,I hope the schools remain rabbit holes. Following my Sims to school sounds dreadfully dull.

Definately don't want active classes but I can see some scope with the social side like breaktimes, after school activities and prom.
    I think Sims 4 generally does nights out in bars/clubs pretty well so a prom event could work a treat!

They will probably be like University, with rabbit hole classes, a school building, some sports teams, a cafeteria, some sort of science/debate club for geek sims, prom dance, homework and principal's office.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    If it is either a musical pack or a school related one, i would pick the latter for sure if it means i can build schools and all.
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't know if I should be excited because YAY HIGHSCHOOL or if I should be bummed because "High School Musical Disney cooperation" aka Batuu 2?

"High School Musical, The Musical, The Series, The Sims 4 Pack" Gosh darnit.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    oh I hope its not school like nah no not vibing with it university is enough of school for my sims

only good parts i could see is if they add proms there could be couple dance but even so id rather just have my romance pack already
    High School Musical came out when I was 24 so it was not something I was interested in watching 😆, so while I’ve heard of it I’m pretty clueless about it. But I just looked it up and it seems the plot is sorta based on Romeo and Juliet. Could that make this idea sort of interesting? Maybe..

idk I haven't watched high school musical to know what it is about but everything ive heard makes me hiss like vlad :lol:
    I haven't seen any of the High school musical shows either. But I know what they are about from seeing the promos that they do for the shows. I think I rather watch the grass grow than to watch those High school musical shows. And then there's Descendants, and that one with zombies in it. It's just the networks trying to cash in on the fame of Broadway Musicals. In my opinion, I think that they should just leave the musicals up to Broadway. I know that the networks are trying new things. But sometimes new things don't turn out so great.

idk I just think the reasons I don't like it are already in title

I tend to really dislike nonsense teenager plots, I don't like anything about school

and the only musicals i would appreciate are dark ones

which well I don't think would be part of high school musical so I'll go back into my coffin
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member

No, I want active school gameplay!

Yes, active school gameplay could potentially lead to the same gameplay as get to work (like each class have things to do unlike universities where sims only sit and listen which is boring so I'm glad university is not active class but I really want active classes for high school)
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    My biggest worry about HS system similar to GTW or DU is that EVERY teen from EVERY world will go to the same HS and this is unrealistic to me
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    My biggest worry about HS system similar to GTW or DU is that EVERY teen from EVERY world will go to the same HS and this is unrealistic to me

Same. I think the best way to do it is to give us a few variants of the same school like TS2 did - a suburban version, a desert version, one in a forest area, etc. Like the hidden world that came with GTW, but with three different environments.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Next content is a Kpop collab
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    izecson wrote: »

I'm here for it 🥰 it's actually one of the things I asked for in one of the surveys lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Bangtan Simyeondan!
  • Options
    HopeCrash wrote: »

they already go to the same school even with the rabbit holes we have so it won't change anything!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    An active high school would be really fun!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    jomilej wrote: »

Yes, active school gameplay could potentially lead to the same gameplay as get to work (like each class have things to do unlike universities where sims only sit and listen which is boring so I'm glad university is not active class but I really want active classes for high school)

I don't think it's boring at all. I really enjoy GTW.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Where has it come from about high school musical? Just out of interest. I’m a huge musicals fan and loved high school musical but it seems so old now and not on trend so I can’t see why sims would do a pack about it. I get the whole high school pack vibe but not a high school musical pack. As for Kpop no no and no I do not get the hype at all or maybe I’m getting old and no longer understand current music trends as it’s not just k pop but other popular music at the moment.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Where has it come from about high school musical? Just out of interest. I’m a huge musicals fan and loved high school musical but it seems so old now and not on trend so I can’t see why sims would do a pack about it. I get the whole high school pack vibe but not a high school musical pack. As for Kpop no no and no I do not get the hype at all or maybe I’m getting old and no longer understand current music trends as it’s not just k pop but other popular music at the moment.

A couple of Sim Gurus have song titles from HSM in their Twitter Bios and some people ran with it. That's about it.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I used to be absolutely obsessed with High School Musical. I was 9 when it came out and I can still remember watching HSM 2 the night it premiered on Disney Channel and seeing HSM 3 when it came out. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a High School Musical collab pack, but as others have mentioned I doubt that's the case anyway since HSM really isn't a trending topic nowadays. I mean the first movie is 14 years old now.

But a High School Musical INSPIRED pack? Now that I could get behind. Or just a general high school pack would be nice. An update to teens or teen-centric pack would actually make me want to play with teens. As of right now, I really only play with Young Adults, pets and occasionally toddlers. I'm not yet an adult (or elder for that matter) so playing in those lifestages doesn't really interest me much. But my teenage years had a big impact on the person I am today even though it wasn't all fun or great and I'd just love play more with teens. Maybe because I'm only a few years out of teenagehood myself?

As for the Kpop collab. I'm wondering if it's not so much as a Kpop related collab as opposed to say, a Korean themed pack of some sort? Or another hint towards a music themed pack with Kpop (or Spop I suppose) being a part of it.
  • Options

That's why I say "unlike university" Get to work is a really fun pack, that's why I said if they do active high school it should be like get to work and not "University"