Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No leaks, Sim Guru tweets or confirmations about the next DLC?

justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
A stuff pack before the end of the year?

Bonehilda someday?

Comments

• Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    Are you Plumbella's alternate account?
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited December 2020
    *double post*
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I haven't seen anything, and do not really expect anything before 2021. It would (theoretically) be a pleasant surprise, though.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    They are usually quiet after the Nov expansion until like Jan or Feb. Usually a stuff pack comes around then. We may get a holiday surprise in the patch but that is about it.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I hope the potential 'update for an older pack' is coming in the first months of 2021, along with a new GP and SP. That question was in the second survey earlier this year I think, so it would make sense if we'd see the results of that in the first half of 2021. Also we may see the themes mentioned in the second survey - high school, malls, fan clubs, romance, bands, heists and/or life issues pop up in a pack somewhere this year. I really hope they go with the life issues one and make it into a base game feature.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nothing too new. But so far We have the leak that says cars are coming 2021. The same one that leaked fire fighters before his source was cut off. So I definitely think it's legit.

We have more than enough baby hints. The latest being the interaction they removed from the toddler to wash up in sink. If it wasn't for the toddler why was it even an option in the game?

That hint from nifty knitting that showed a highschool, as well as teens missing from the survey and a survey about highschool makes it enough of a confirmation for me.

Also that picture of a toddler riding a tricycle at the end of nifty knitting tell me we're gonna get more for kids rather is generations style or something else.

Those are the only hints I would consider concrete imo. Others are debatable.

Babies
    Cars
    Highschool
    Generations?

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited December 2020
    We have more than enough baby hints. The latest being the interaction they removed from the toddler to wash up in sink. If it wasn't for the toddler why was it even an option in the game?

They didn't remove it. The option to "clean up" a toddler was accidentally given to children and toddlers - meaning that children and toddlers could "clean up" another toddler. This caused massive stretching, and in the case of children, they couldn't put the toddler down afterward. Dr. Gluon did a whole video about it.

It's still there for adults to "clean up" a toddler. I checked in my game earlier this evening.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the interaction was also going to be available on newly freed babies at some point in the next year. I also think we'll be seeing something having to do with schools because there were two different endings to the Nifty Knitting trailer. One with sledding, and one with schools.

• Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

They didn't remove it. The option to "clean up" a toddler was accidentally given to children and toddlers - meaning that children and toddlers could "clean up" another toddler. This caused massive stretching, and in the case of children, they couldn't put the toddler down afterward. Dr. Gluon did a whole video about it.

It's still there for adults to "clean up" a toddler. I checked in my game earlier this evening.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the interaction was also going to be available on newly freed babies at some point in the next year. I also think we'll be seeing something having to do with schools because there were two different endings to the Nifty Knitting trailer. One with sledding, and one with schools.

Yeah I'm thinking the same about the hints. And in that new interview Graham also said something like 'fans had a feeling the snow theme was coming because we did a survey about it'. So I like to think that those surveys were a real indication for what we can expect in the next packs.

The april survey had many themes that could have to do with high schools. Maybe one of the two in-depth features, story progression and life pains/growth, will be the 'lifestyles and sentiments' of the new pack. Maybe they're trying a new thing where specific themes (like high schools and snow sports) are paired with a meaningful basegame addition?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Yeah I'm thinking the same about the hints. And in that new interview Graham also said something like 'fans had a feeling the snow theme was coming because we did a survey about it'. So I like to think that those surveys were a real indication for what we can expect in the next packs.

The april survey had many themes that could have to do with high schools. Maybe one of the two in-depth features, story progression and life pains/growth, will be the 'lifestyles and sentiments' of the new pack. Maybe they're trying a new thing where specific themes (like high schools and snow sports) are paired with a meaningful basegame addition?

Ohhhhhhh I really like that idea I hope so!!!

And oh @DaWaterRat I must have misunderstood. I thought they removed it all together. But I agree I still think it was made for babies😌 since a baby with a dog was also at the end of nifty knitting
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The updated game has greeted me a few times with “meep meep”, could be a clue for cars coming soon.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Are you Plumbella's alternate account?

I have often wondered this myself.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Honestly, I don't know if I should be excited because YAY HIGHSCHOOL or if I should be bummed because "High School Musical Disney cooperation" aka Batuu 2?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    oh I hope its not school like nah no not vibing with it university is enough of school for my sims

only good parts i could see is if they add proms there could be couple dance but even so id rather just have my romance pack already
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    oh I hope its not school like nah no not vibing with it university is enough of school for my sims

only good parts i could see is if they add proms there could be couple dance but even so id rather just have my romance pack already
    High School Musical came out when I was 24 so it was not something I was interested in watching 😆, so while I’ve heard of it I’m pretty clueless about it. But I just looked it up and it seems the plot is sorta based on Romeo and Juliet. Could that make this idea sort of interesting? Maybe..
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I can say with some certainty that GrimSuruDoi's quote is because he likes the musical/song and is a theater person. He plays it at the end of every crossword he streams when we finish it.

Not saying a School pack isn't coming. Just that the quote probably isn't a hint.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would actually love a High School Musical pack, as long as it allows us to create bands and comes with new instruments!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Maybe they are hinting towards a Broadway show stuff. Or a fashion stuff pack where the sims can be the model instead of being the photographer. And cars will fit into both themes very nicely.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    If we must get another school pack,I hope the schools remain rabbit holes. Following my Sims to school sounds dreadfully dull.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

High School Musical came out when I was 24 so it was not something I was interested in watching 😆, so while I’ve heard of it I’m pretty clueless about it. But I just looked it up and it seems the plot is sorta based on Romeo and Juliet. Could that make this idea sort of interesting? Maybe..

idk I haven't watched high school musical to know what it is about but everything ive heard makes me hiss like vlad :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    If we must get another school pack,I hope the schools remain rabbit holes. Following my Sims to school sounds dreadfully dull.

No, I want active school gameplay!
  • Options

Same 🙏
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Same 🙏

I imagine it would work like active careers - you get asked if you want to follow your sim to school when the time comes and you can, of course, decide not to, so no one HAS to play school life actively and can just use the other features that come with it.

But I do fear it will be just another story driven pack if it's High School Musical... So, I hope if it's High School Musical inspired, it will be just INSPIRED and there will be lots of sandbox gameplay in it...
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • Options

Same 🙏

I imagine it would work like active careers - you get asked if you want to follow your sim to school when the time comes and you can, of course, decide not to, so no one HAS to play school life actively and can just use the other features that come with it.

But I do fear it will be just another story driven pack if it's High School Musical... So, I hope if it's High School Musical inspired, it will be just INSPIRED and there will be lots of sandbox gameplay in it...

I also imagine if you join sims in class you can pass notes to other students, try to cheat on exams, sleep on desk, prank teachers, misbehave like throwing rolled up paper at other students or be a perfect model student. I just think there is so much potential.
    I wouldn't even mind mild bullying for added drama and consequences.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

Same 🙏

I also imagine if you join sims in class you can pass notes to other students, try to cheat on exams, sleep on desk, prank teachers, misbehave like throwing rolled up paper at other students or be a perfect model student. I just think there is so much potential.
    I wouldn't even mind mild bullying for added drama and consequences.

Kids do all of this on different apps on their phones now.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.