Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EL modern and green iniatives

Does anyone have pictures of the end results of different iniatives? I've seen the basic pictures you can google, but would like some more. Especially would like to see the apartment area in conifer station modern vs. green. Trying to decide which one to go for.

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Great thread, I needed that too, to decide which area to turn into what, and couldn't find any either. I have in a build folder turned Grim's Quarry modern; planning to turn the Conifer Station Green, since the Modern look did not really add much I thought. I never took any pictures, but if I find the save I tested it in, I'll take some and update. I will not change Port Promise, but make it industrial as well, for maximum trash effect.

Here are from the build save, modern development in Grim's Quarry:
    Apartments
    p5PbLsH.png

wj6eE2M.png

View over neighbourhood, from the apartments
    cfqUiBW.png

View from Manage World map
    NZiHnqb.png

Let me know if you want more from other angles, the save is easily accessible.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I too would like to see pictures of the different initiatives. Than you @Auroraskies for showing us the Modern at Grims Quarry. I too would like to keep port Promise industrial, what is the best way to do that?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    You are welcome!

For Port Promise: the trash in the world area will slowly disappear, if the Green or Modern Initiative NAPs are enacted; so I will not do that for the neighbourhood.

The world will turn Industrial when the values for Industrial Footprint are high enough, and all lots in the neighbourhood is counted towards it. So I plan to exchange every piece of wall paper and flooring on every lot in P.P., to the highest value of Industrial; as well as place only the objects that have Industrial Footprint effect on them, like the fire places, the generator, the outside heater etc.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Thank you for you pictures @Auroraskies !

I actually feel a little bit silly because when I entered conifer station there was a modern iniative in action. I repelled all the NAPs on the mail box because I wanted a fresh start and only caught a glimpse of it. I think I might actually want to do modern again, but so that I can see the change happen. Still curious how the green one looks though. I haven't decided yet what I want for Grim's Quarry, but I too want to keep Port Promise industrial and trashy looking, so no iniatives there.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Is it possible to have the modern initiative and the green initiative active together in the same neighbourhood. Do they stack on each other or can only one be active at a time in a neighbourhood?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    That was a great suggestion, I don't know why I assumed the initiatives to be exclusive. I just tested to enact the Green Initiative in Grim's Quarry, in the same build save where the Modern Initiative is enacted; and it could be voted for, and it was enacted at the end of the voting period, and showed as enacted at the same time as the Modern. This is the same views afterwards:
    Apartments in Grim's Quarry:
    eHaL6zS.png

3ETV7Ch.png

Neighbourhood view from apartments
    N1gPwZR.png

Manage World map view

1Ag4IAA.png

Oh, and just as a note, not all changes are from Green Initiative, since the change from the initiatives are gradual, I think, some of them is an effect of the Modern Initiative, having been enacted a week longer. For instance the statue in the Quarry is an effect of Modern. The trees in the quarry, is from the Green.

Edit 2: I think that the map view in Manage World shows what is 'coming' with each initiative; because the statue in the quarry showed on the map before it turned up there in live mode. And on the roof of the apartments is a solar panel, that is not there in live mode (yet).

When I build further in Evergreen Harbour, I'll take more screen shots as time passes. I'll also enact Green in Conifer Station, and Modern, now that I can, each after the other, and take pictures. I can't say when though, I have one save per world, in my dedicated build folder, and right now I'm building for Komorebi.

Edit 3: I plan to only enact the NAPs in my playsave when I have decided which to use, because I do not want the hassle of having to repeal any. Here are the current bug reports for repealing NAPs:

Modern Development in Port Promise
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-GTW-CD-DO-Business-breaks-Lot-with-Modern-Develop/td-p/9183079

Repeal signatures does not add up
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-The-Number-of-Signatures-does-not-Add-Up/td-p/9184790

Unstructured, but similar to above
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ECO-Repeal-N-A-P-s-doing-nothing/td-p/9204051
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I had to recover my save and took the change to test the green iniative NAP in Conifer Station. The changes seemed very subtle to me, some plants grew and solar panels and wind turbines were added. Sorry about the dark picture. TBH it doesn't look very impressive without the other iniative in action. The trash doesn't even get cleaned.
    WXAXryI.png
    WnspkWw.png

I also got the modern development iniative back and here are some pics, though these are without the green iniative. I suppose together they could be nice.
    UMXEOUr.png
    HQmNNgE.png
    VvxninE.png

Here are also some pic without any NAPs.
    hzqCPGK.png
    kGHIEil.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    That was a great suggestion, I don't know why I assumed the initiatives to be exclusive. I just tested to enact the Green Initiative in Grim's Quarry, in the same build save where the Modern Initiative is enacted; and it could be voted for, and it was enacted at the end of the voting period, and showed as enacted at the same time as the Modern. This is the same views afterwards:

Thank you for testing. :)
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Green Forgotten Hollow Auroras.

FXpCgUM.png

6M0cVyW.png
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.