Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Adopted by Another Household

In a household I was playing, a baby was left an orphan after his father died in a fire. I got a pop up that said, "Oh no! [Father] has died! Don't worry about [baby] though! He's been adopted by another household."

I looked through every household in the save, yet I couldn't find the baby. What happened to him? Could it be possible that the game deleted him and lied about him being adopted to make the player feel better?

I need to know where he went and how to get him back. Usually, MCCC puts the baby in another household, but I didn't get a notification this time. I'm really worried.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    That's the standard message when a child is taken away/adopted.
    In the game without mods, the child is, unfortunately, deleted. MCCC should have handled it, but if it was the active household that may have thrown it for a loop.

One thing you can try is to use MCCC to unhide hidden households and see if the baby ended up there.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't think it has anything to with the baby being from active household, I had these situations and kids were adopted.
    Check your settings, maybe they somehow changed after the update or glitched. Same happened to me once, I was sure my MCCC settings was on “adopt neglected kids”, but they were not and poor kid got deleted.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    He's not in any of the hidden households. Adopt neglected kids was enabled.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Since the game doesn't see a baby as a person but rather an object, it's possible that the "adopt neglected kid" this doesn't apply to them. I've never had a baby taken away so I'm not sure. I did have a 2 kids accidently taken away that I was able to pull back into their original family but their relationships were all messed up after that.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »

Since the game doesn't see a baby as a person but rather an object, it's possible that the "adopt neglected kid" this doesn't apply to them. I've never had a baby taken away so I'm not sure. I did have a 2 kids accidently taken away that I was able to pull back into their original family but their relationships were all messed up after that.

I think this is what happened because in my 100 baby challenge a kid got taken away and adopted by another household, but she was a toddler already.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Does an orphan baby or child appear on the computer if a sim wants to adopt a child?
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    If you are really concerned for the baby, you could go back to a previous point in your save before the baby was taken. You could go to manage worlds and put the baby in another household. If that doesn't work, have your sim visit the lot, (with testingcheats on) right click on the baby and add to household.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Does an orphan baby or child appear on the computer if a sim wants to adopt a child?

They don't in a vanilla game with no mods. I'm not sure if they do if you have MCCC though.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    In a household I was playing, a baby was left an orphan after his father died in a fire. I got a pop up that said, "Oh no! [Father] has died! Don't worry about [baby] though! He's been adopted by another household."

I looked through every household in the save, yet I couldn't find the baby. What happened to him? Could it be possible that the game deleted him and lied about him being adopted to make the player feel better?

I need to know where he went and how to get him back. Usually, MCCC puts the baby in another household, but I didn't get a notification this time. I'm really worried.

Is this a continuation of this story from your other thread this morning?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983964/entire-household-died-closed#latest
  • Options
    @catmando830 Actually, this one came first.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Babies do get adopted with mccc. I played around with the mod yesterday and I had a baby and twin toddler be adopted out, they all ended up in different households.

The difference from your case was that the single adult sim didn't die. He uhm. Just didn't care for them... Maybe something went wrong with the mod because your sim died? Either that or the mod is not equipt to handle a case like. But babies can get adopted out.

Since the message you got is the standard EA one I'm thinking maybe the mod is not made to account for a dead sim with a baby.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack