Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Favourite Snowy Escape Activity?

With lots of things to see and do in the new pack (Snowy Escape), I was wondering what your favourite new activity is.
I personally really enjoy snowboarding. My sim is working odd jobs and crafting in the day/on the side which means he can snowboard in the evening or take full days when he wants to. The mountain landscape is lovely, I like how you can vary slopes and set intensities on it and I really love the tricks. If I was being picky, I'd like to see a few more flips, ramps and spins.
I love how (like Island Living) the pack let's you create a new lifestyle and way of living and it's one I personally enjoy.
But don't take my word for it. Vote and let everyone know what you think.

What's Your Favourite Snowy Escape Activity? 91 votes

Snowboarding
19%
MichelleWJueJueAprilDawnasimbsimluthienrisingdragonfreakhadklaxJerrellomikawagDoloresGreyChadSims2MDianaSimsjoRN1414GordyAngeliqueAdelaideBeliEnnaelEliasVersace 18 votes
Hiking
15%
crocobauraIcewolfAlrynninvisiblgirlsmurf45blueBabykittyjadebenson2006musteniGamingTweetyRavenSpitRouensimsorenjiAimingussssscarpe_diem 14 votes
Skiing
14%
CK213brackencat31IceyJAngel_mixg01denswanTeeSeaDaB1gVblueyblueskyEnkiSchmidtBreazonaDrakosSayNoToGnomesryanlaitw 13 votes
Rock Climbing/Mountain Excursion
10%
Akl500PmcruddMoon_WillowOnverserAtreya33TTNsimmerjomilejSiggDiggitKathMHughesCalico45 10 votes
Dining At The Kotatsu Table, Hot Pot and New Meals
14%
Kita5399rudolphaMirichataydevhalloweenchildAPottsBambooramYardenroAuroraskiesCelSimsUniqueKhaosKerriganChris_McSims 13 votes
New Festivals
3%
PlayerSinger2010cchant86Augusto 3 votes
Sledding
7%
catloverplayerPlumbobCrossingsnoepjes1210Missimay94chaccethenightcourtizecson 7 votes
Relaxing In Hot Springs
3%
BreeSashaAquarius94annaliese39 3 votes
Other
10%
bshag4lvSara1010PIsb917BeardedgeekfreindlylolSPARKY1922SweetieWright_84StarfreeSERVERFRAKimmer 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I haven't tried it yet but the rock climbing sounds most fun to me. I like goaled gameplay and achieving something, watching my sim go down a hill on a loop isn't that interesting for me. Second would be the festivals and I like the new table :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Haven’t got the pack yet!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited November 2020
    Other
    I love everything it reminds me of all the skiing holidays I ever had :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't say just yet. My sims were to noob to try the mountain climbing excursion. :D
  • Options
    BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Theres sooo much to do. This is what every expansion should be like and to some degree, game packs.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Other
    There should be an all the above button, but since not I picked other. I have been playing since release on Friday and am certainly not bored with it yet. Haven't been so excited and pleased with a pack since Seasons came out.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hiking
    Hiking is my number 1 love 😍😍😍😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I'll get back to you when it goes on sale. It looks fun but not $40 fun.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Dining At The Kotatsu Table, Hot Pot and New Meals
    I love all of it, but I’m really into all the food for some reason (maybe I’m just missing my favorite sushi place I can’t visit because of covid restrictions).
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I can't wait to send my sims on an excursion to the mountain top. Nothing beats enjoying the 360° view from a mountain top after reaching the top.

I am also very pleased with hiking/walking through nature and sledding. I really like the these are available for the entire family.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I'll get back to you when it goes on sale. It looks fun but not $40 fun.
    I don’t mind the price, just don’t want to get it and open my game till the new patch coming up fixes the crashing people are talking about.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Snowboarding
    Thanks for all your comments and votes. :) It's an interesting split on what people enjoy. I love the snowboarding but found building the rock climbing skill a little boring whilst others were the other way round. It's a sign of a good pack I suppose if all the activities can appeal to different people in some way.

Just to confirm there is no 'All of the above' option because it's about picking your favourite (even if you love loads of them). Saying all of them isn't picking a favourite :D
  • Options
    BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Snowy Escape & Seasons are the only EP's for sims 4, that are GREAT. In fact, I can live without literally all of the other ones.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I've only done a little snowboarding and sledding, maybe some skiing, all on the bunny slope. I've used the Kotatsu table for Hot Pot a couple of times and I've seen the ice festival. There was a bad blizzard when my Sims went on vacation so they kind of got stuck in the rental for two of the three days, lol. It's okay though, there was a bit of drama with the mean girl so it wasn't wasted. >:)

I predict I'll like mountain climbing the most but you never know. Once I've tried out all the activities I'll answer the poll.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2020
    At the moment it's skiing, hiking, dining at the kotatsu table with hot pot and relaxing in the hot springs. I might add to this list once I'm able experience the other actives that came with Snowy Escape.
    ETA: Now that I have had a chance to try out the other 2 sports activity SE. I can add snowboarding and rock climbing to my list of Snowy Escape activities. :)
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Other
    I actually like them all 🙂
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Other
    All of the above! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Relaxing In Hot Springs
    It's the onsen and kotatsu table for me. Pretty much anything relating to Japan, I am all over. Though I do wish the onsen didn't have that unnecessary cooldown time on it.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Rock climbing for sure!! But hiking is also good I guess?
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other
    I haven't left Build/Buy mode yet :D. Does that count?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other
    I love all the above.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    While I am saying rock climbing because it is my favorite of the new skills (which comes with an event, connects to the Fitness Stuff wall, and has a hidden lot), I truly love the dining and hot springs. They are things I will take to nearly all, if not all, of my new main builds.

I also particularly enjoy the Festival of Youth, which I can visit from any world. The small touches of representing the voidcritters and the spirits are also pretty dear to me.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited November 2020
    Skiing
    Winter sports for me. The mountain expeditions are fun, too, and I was genuinely moved when my sims made it all the way to the summit yesterday (85 screenshots don't lie). But I expect the first time magic to wear off quickly, whereas skiing, snowboarding and sledding I will never tire to watch.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hiking
    So far, I like the hiking best. You get to see the sights and take pictures, collect stuff. The winter sports are Ok, if the weather is fine, but the camera moves too fast to really appreciate them. I also like all the ointments and remedies they introduced with this pack, makes me want to build an apothecary shop.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Snowboarding
    Thank you to everyone who replied and voted.
    Special thanks must go to those who voted for their favourite rather than 'Other' i.e. all of the above. I appreciate you guys getting the sentiment of the thread. <3