Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you had issues with the new patch?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues with the new patch. I have the MCCC mod and a lot of CC and so far it's been fine. The only thing that I've noticed is some of the bugs they said they fixed, like washing dishes in the kitchen sink and not in the bathroom, well... but nothing game breaking.

I won't be getting the pack for another couple weeks though. I wanna wait and see what bugs pop up and are addressed first.

I noticed they are still washing dishes in the bathroom also. I played for a day with no problems then the next day I played I started having the loud beeps and pops and freezing so I closed the game and got out. I really want to play but I don't want to risk My 1200 dollar gaming pc being fried from My Sims. I had that happen to Me before with My last computer which led to Me spending a lot of money on a computer to play the sims4, insane. Half the time the game does not play right.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    No
    My game crashed today while placing lights. That was a first since the update.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,672 Member
    No
    No, thankfully I read about the problems with the patch before I knew there was a new patch, so I'm waiting for the fix before I patch again. I've been playing in offline mode.
    I'm beginning to wonder if I should leave my game be now, since I have no intention to add any more packs, although I have a bit of a glitch where my sim doesn't go to bed unless I sit her on the side first and then hit sleep. That's a new one I discovered only yesterday.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    Simburian wrote: »
    Check your PC manufacturer for new drivers maybe? HP installed new Realtek audio and camera drivers for me on 11th November. I got them via the Windows 10 optional updates. You have to choose to download optional updates (listed under the upgrades) if you are having problems. They don't do it automatically for you.

If most of us haven't got any problems with the Patch and Expansion have you considered that your PC configuration or Virus program is the culprit instead?

If it weren't happening cross-platform (and PS4 seems to be getting hit the worst) I'd agree that was likely. But with it being cross-platform, I'm more inclined to think that it's a memory leak tied to audio, which (based on the AHQ thread and the post in announcements) seems to be where the Sims team is looking. At least so far, turning off Audio seems to have worked for me (along with making sure that I have a lot of memory available for the game to use.)
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    I wish they would hurry and fix it, I had just started a new legacy family and started a new neighborhood and now I cant play. I don't understand why they don't test these patches before releasing them. It is almost just lazy and careless to not test there stuff. They have got lazy with the content also. Island Living was a huge letdown. No real game play added in that one. I really wish they would revamp there team and get some people in who actually have a passion for the game. I also seem to have lost all My Gallery content. I mean all of it! Its gone, just like I have never saved anything to it over the last three years!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides some weird lines on my Sims faces but that might be cc which I'm not giving up since light skin tones were not fixed I really have not had any issues but no issues from last patch just the skin tone update that did nothing for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Unnamed_SunUnnamed_Sun Posts: 16 Member
    Yes (not gamebreaking)
    I can't opt out of fame, after I installed the patch. I tried to both repair the game, and to reset it, but it didn't work. I hope that it will be fixed!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes (gamebreaking)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Besides some weird lines on my Sims faces but that might be cc which I'm not giving up since light skin tones were not fixed I really have not had any issues but no issues from last patch just the skin tone update that did nothing for me.

No I have those too for some sims and outfits/hairs! And I don't use any CC.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I can't honestly say either way as I won't download patch until they come out with a hot fix. Of course that means no ep downloading at midnight tonight sigh. Well not worth doing that if my game totally breaks. I am so tempted to download the patch and the ep, because others aren't having issues, but I am too afraid. If I download and my game breaks no telling when they will fix it so we can play, and I can't take that chance. I am very upset that I am in this position, and I feel really bad who already downloaded and found out after the fact.

For the first time, I decided to not update right away because I was leery that the massive content in this download would cause problems. A few updates ago I had to wait for a hot fix to load any saved games, which sucks when you've played the same save for 2 years and not even the save backups had worked.

I too am sad that I could not download Snowy Escape at midnight either, as I am really looking forward to it. I am glad they are working on it, but I would rather wait for new content than to have my game crash repeatedly.

I feel like "Update Responsibly" is now a thing.
  • Options
    BluemanBlueman Posts: 4 New Member
    If you don't speak up they do not take action.
    Take a look at this, and please share if this is helpful.

https://codeberg.org/thesims/sims4-problems/
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    No
    My teens can't open Sim Profiles. My adults, elders, children, and even toddlers can. Other than that my game is fine.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2020
    No
    I initially said "No" but I have had some issues with the patch. I don't have Snowy Escapes (nor even Eco Living) yet.

- Occasional crashing. Not horribly, but enough to undo a couple of Sim days worth a few times. Now I make sure to save every sim day or more.
    - Aging up with the cake fails unless the cake is placed in very specific positions, far away from other sims.
    - Club outfits don't work. Sims do their wardrobe spin, but they don't actually change outfits.
    - Sims ignore leftovers in the fridge.

I want to get Snowy Escapes and/or Eco Living, but I'm waiting until another patch comes out.

Edited to add: All of these issues are noted on the EA Answers Bug Reports site. I recommend people who are experiencing the same issues to go these reports and click on "Me Too" to let the developers know the numbers of people experiencing them (obviously they know about the crashing).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,638 Member
    Yes (not gamebreaking)
    Initially, I couldn't get into my game. But once I did a computer restart, all has been fine.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/