Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Read The User Agreement?

Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
edited November 2020 in Off Topic Chat
http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/CA/en/PC/

If you prefer not to share your EA personal information with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions on this page to change your settings: https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBPRIVACYCA/US/en/PC/
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
Post edited by Missmagoo2 on

Do You Read The User Agreement? 108 votes

Yes
9%
Bluegaylebandit5SimburianMissmagoo2CAPTAIN_NXR7So_MoneyMidnightAuraNorthDakotaGamerjomilejbella_goth 10 votes
No
49%
icmnfrshRflong7Colorist40rhaliusTheSpotted_CIsb917Strangerthanelanorbretonhaneulsimgirl1010dreamerz13JimedLustianiciaAquariusMomAlwe1507kiwi84mikawagblueyblueskykristenleighwhiteSimsChica2013 53 votes
I Skimmed It
26%
IcewolfCamkatSablesashaWyrrenGabbyGirlJphantasmkisshalloweenchildbenson2006fiercephoenix91Winifred_WillowBMSODeKayEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeJemmaTheSimmerBusufuwheelochSassycottonFurAndYarnhaisin 29 votes
What User Agreement?
12%
MeteoraStormempkaileenataydevFlexono1ClassicalSimBabykittyjadewolfkomoki1NiaraTiaraFlapInuMiroLoverSeashoreLiviaMousellinevalgaliumthatpinkcoconut 14 votes
Other
1%
GalacticGalRavager619 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    Isn't that how most games work when they're on platforms like steam or origin? The game is tied with your account so if you lose the account you lose the game.

I don't think anybody bothers to read user agreements tbh. They're like 50 pages long and don't really tell you anything other than a few important parts which are generally already common knowledge anyways.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it’s pretty standard in license agreements at this point.
  • Options
    Yes
    Onverser wrote: »
    Isn't that how most games work when they're on platforms like steam or origin? The game is tied with your account so if you lose the account you lose the game.

I don't think anybody bothers to read user agreements tbh. They're like 50 pages long and don't really tell you anything other than a few important parts which are generally already common knowledge anyways.

Yes, it is usually how it works. However, you wouldn't really think about it unless you read it. And EA's user agreement isn't very long, to be honest. I saw new at the bottom so I got curious and read it all lol
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    I Skimmed It
    I definitely pay attention to updates, but when I see a huge document that I see a lot of I usually skim the important parts.

To completely ignore it... Offends my sensibilities.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    What is the motivation behind this poll? What is the purpose? Are the results being used to make a video?
  • Options
    Yes
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    What is the motivation behind this poll? What is the purpose? Are the results being used to make a video?

Just curiosity. I saw "new" next to the user agreement on the bottom of my screen and was like "hmm, haven't read that one in awhile" and wanted to see what the changes were lol
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    No. I don't have time for that. :D
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    No
    No, it's to much reading and it usually the same legal jargen about how the game it tied to your account and how you don't own the game you merely bought a licences agreement to use their product.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    No
    I'm too impatient for such things
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    No
    I'm not a lawyer, I never give a crap about user agreements.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    ShemaShema Posts: 56 Member
    No
    ain't nobody got time for that
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    No
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    No, it's to much reading and it usually the same legal jargen about how the game it tied to your account and how you don't own the game you merely bought a licences agreement to use their product.

What do you mean I don't own my game!?
  • Options
    Yes
    Alwe1507 wrote: »

Among other things it means that EA can decide to shut down its servers, removing access to all TS4 content, and there isn’t a thing we can do about it. They aren’t obligated to provide us with perpetual access to the product.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    No
    So_Money wrote: »

Among other things it means that EA can decide to shut down its servers, removing access to all TS4 content, and there isn’t a thing we can do about it. They aren’t obligated to provide us with perpetual access to the product.

I'm not sure what you mean about access. TS4 can be played offline, so if it's on our hard drives, how can they stop access?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Yes

I'm not sure what you mean about access. TS4 can be played offline, so if it's on our hard drives, how can they stop access?

If you uninstalled the game at any point, or bought a new computer or hard drive, you wouldn’t be able to re-download it.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Other
    For games? No. For things like credit cards? Absolutely.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I Skimmed It
    I've read about a million of them. I give them a skim to make sure there's nothing weird tucked in there.

For unfamiliar things or things like lease agreements, I'm going to read the entire agreement and they can just wait while I do so.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    No
    Gotta be honest... Nope 😆
    He/Him
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I Skimmed It
    Well, yes... but I'm also kinda lazy, so no. I skimmed it at some point.
    banner.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    Not for game, but i read it if it for important stuff like employment contract, they are basically the same.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    No

If you uninstalled the game at any point, or bought a new computer or hard drive, you wouldn’t be able to re-download it.

I don't think that's right. Many people (me included) have bought new computers and play the game just fine.

I don't remember if I skimmed through the agreement in the first place, I do sometimes. But it's been a while for sure.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Yes
    musteni wrote: »

I don't think that's right. Many people (me included) have bought new computers and play the game just fine.

If you go back through the previous posts I’m quoting in my response, you’ll see that I was talking about a potential scenario in which EA decides to shut down their servers and/or removes TS4. Obviously there’s no problems right now, and most likely there won’t be anytime soon, but such a scenario is possible given the EULA.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    No
    musteni wrote: »

If you go back through the previous posts I’m quoting in my response, you’ll see that I was talking about a potential scenario in which EA decides to shut down their servers and/or removes TS4. Obviously there’s no problems right now, and most likely there won’t be anytime soon, but such a scenario is possible given the EULA.

Sorry it was the one post that caught my eye. You're right.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited November 2020
    No
    I just assume they’re all the same.

So, at some point, we’ll all lose everything permanently. Unbelievable. Does the same go for TS3?
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    No
    No, I just takes too long.