Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be EP11 and EP12?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Generations / Wedding / Growing / ect.
    Now that there's been code found of future baby interactions, I think one of the next EPs we get will be something like Generations. A big baby free update is probably going to be part of an EPs budget, and it makes the most sense to do that in an EP that's focused on family, though I'm sure the freed babies themselves will be free (kind of like how we got toddlers for free and then Parenthood GP came out shortly after).

I think bands and more supernaturals will probably be game packs, not expansions. Bands, school/teen activities, and a history/medieval pack have been hinted at. I have no idea if the school or history packs will be either GPs or EPs.

I'm not aware of any hints about a farming pack being in production, but honestly I think EA is a big dumb dumb if they don't make a farming expansion pack. Stardew Valley got the whole farming simulation genre really popular, and the Sims loves to capitalize on pop trends, so I'll be really surprised if we never get farming. We also had horses in Sims 3 Pets and farm-related DLC in the Sims 3 store so it's not like they've never done this before. And this is a genre that meshes really well with life simulation games.

Anywho, that's all of my speculation. I really hope we get a Werewolves game pack at some point, but I haven't seen any hints about that. Faeries would be great too, and I could see them fitting in well with the Medieval pack so I'm crossing my fingers on that!
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm gonna say Generations and a hobbie pack.

For generations I can see them expanding sentiments and reworking the memory system. For the hobbie pack I can see them make changes to traits and maybe, and this is a week maybe, add more lifestyles or add in a hobbie system.

Edit: If the baby leak is real and we are going to get improved babies then I would a generations pack is even more likely since they would want to add family oriented stuff especially for the babies while also making money off of it lol
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm gonna say Generations and a hobbie pack.

For generations I can see them expanding sentiments and reworking the memory system. For the hobbie pack I can see them make changes to traits and maybe, and this is a week maybe, add more lifestyles or add in a hobbie system.

Edit: If the baby leak is real and we are going to get improved babies then I would a generations pack is even more likely since they would want to add family oriented stuff especially for the babies while also making money off of it lol

I hope you're right, Generations & Hobbies would be my dream. But I also would like Farming as an EP...With horses...
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2020
    Romance / Hot Date
    I would be very curious to see how a "remaster" of one or several TS1 packs would fare as a TS4 Game Pack. Many I am sure would love to see @eternalrainn's suggestion of Magic Town returning, though as Realm of Magic has been released, that is unlikely. Unless, of course it focused more on the carnival and Tuscan aspect of the expansion?

TS1's Hot Date Expansion would make for a strong game pack/remaster, as it could improve upon Sim's attractions, interests, and group interactions. More varied social interactions could be included, so Sims actually look like they are talking about a particular topic. (Like in TS2) The return of minstrels, Miss Crumplebottom, and date NPCs could offer new challenges to social outings/dating.

Of course, "Downtown" is not as enticing a travel option as it was back in TS1 when diverse worlds were not a thing, so perhaps a more romantic travel destination? Or special lot traits to make outings easier/harder?

• Options
    Nicocacola1992Nicocacola1992 Posts: 23 Member
    I think the next EP will be a generations one. I can imagine a new world/neighbourhood catering for different steps on the property ladder, e.g. first homes (or flats), small family homes, large family homes and a retirement community.

I nearly chose supernatural/criminal/future/past... for some reason I'm imagining Tracy Island. :smiley:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Other
    Not so much a choice as I'm giving up speculating as all hopes have come to nothing so far........
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Supernatural / Criminal theme / Future / Past / ect.
    It's been a while since we had a Supernatural pack, so far we have only 5 Occults and that's still not enough to compete with Sims 3, Ghosts and temporary life states like Plant Sims don't count.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hobbies / Free Time / Vehicles
    they have been adding alot of kids stuff recently which kinda gives me hope that they want to make a genrations pack or even a school gamepack of some sort considering kids in komorebi go in school uniforms

i would rlllllllly love a freetime kinda expansdion doe
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Hobbies / Free Time / Vehicles
    probably features from April 2020 survey and the winner of the survey will be the EP.

but they add so many weird things in 2020 like Eco and Star Wars, who knows.

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm honestly starting to think there won't be another. 10 is a good number to end on, Sims 3 had 11 though so possibly there will be one more. Maybe they'll release the last EP next Spring and then announce TS5 in the fall for a 2022 release.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Showtime / Bands / Fashion / ect.
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm honestly starting to think there won't be another. 10 is a good number to end on, Sims 3 had 11 though so possibly there will be one more. Maybe they'll release the last EP next Spring and then announce TS5 in the fall for a 2022 release.

I don't think so...the thing is that they had multiple surveys with ideas that are still not in the game so I think that EP 11 and 12 are possible! And with all the simmmers requests (hotels, generations, farming, fairies, werewolves, time traveling, hobbies, more worlds inspired by non american culture, romance) the sims team won't stop with so many ideas and demands!
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I think that EP20 can be the last EP for TS4.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Farming
    Going by tidbits from the code that have been pointed out; I think one EP will be farming, and the other Generations; both packs that have been asked for quite a bit, and show recent changes in coding/scripts after patches. Given how complex and the different sports that comprise each discipline in riding, as well as tack and sim clothing, I sure hope horses aren't a part of a GP. There's also going to have to be a large world with large lots.

I really want horses; but if they're gonna be anything like dogs/cats in TS4, it's gonna be a headache.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Supernatural / Criminal theme / Future / Past / ect.
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Going by tidbits from the code that have been pointed out; I think one EP will be farming, and the other Generations; both packs that have been asked for quite a bit, and show recent changes in coding/scripts after patches. Given how complex and the different sports that comprise each discipline in riding, as well as tack and sim clothing, I sure hope horses aren't a part of a GP. There's also going to have to be a large world with large lots.

I really want horses; but if they're gonna be anything like dogs/cats in TS4, it's gonna be a headache.

I would be greatly disappointed if those two were the next upcoming sim packs.