Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you think if your sims could have disabilities?

Hi, I am fairly mild on the Autism Spectrum, and I personally would find it very interesting. My sims would have all different types of disabilities, and varying levels of severity.

Comments

• Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Personally, not an aspect I would explore.

I see many complaints about Sim personalities feeling "samey" despite different traits. So, learning difficulties / behaviours might fall flat.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    If they did, there would, most likely, be an uproar over something not done right, even if it was. So, in my opinion, don't even bother.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2020
    cody6268 wrote: »
    If they did, there would, most likely, be an uproar over something not done right, even if it was. So, in my opinion, don't even bother.

I feel the same way. There are so many different types of disabilities, those you can physically see, those that you can't, varying degrees, there's seriously no way possible to represent every single type of disability known to man. If they would only implement a few, then those who were "not represented" would be upset for The Sims not being inclusive and being left out.

The Sims is supposed to be a parody of life, not an actual real life emulator. How would they implement it and still keep it light and goofy to match the theme of The Sims without offending people by them making light of a serious disability?

I say keep disabilities out of The Sims.

Plus, I've read multiple, multiple comments on the forum as well as on Twitter and Reddit of people with disabilities who absolutely do NOT want their disability in the game, because they play the game to forget about something they will have to live with for the rest of their life and they don't want to be reminded of it.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't think disabilities need to be a standard feature of The Sims. There are just too many types. It should be left up to the modding community to have whatever specific disabilities be modded in by request. It would just be less complicated that way.

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I made a mod for this and I doubt we'll ever see something like this from maxis, because from my experience making said mod... The variables are too many, coding something that would not cause complaints by the community and offend someone/leave something out would be really a problem.