Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Costumes

Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
Why do NPC Sims get a wider, better selection of costumes than our played Sims can choose under "wear costume?" Is there any way, mod or vanilla, to add more outfits to the "costume" category?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I'm not sure what packs you have installed, but you get more costumes with some of them
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Packs do add outfits. In addition, there is always modded content. And yes, townies will use CC too if you install it.

GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    My method was always to create a costume of whatever I wanted in slot 5 of Party, and then for the Costume tradition, change first into one of the canned costumes then into the designated costume. It's one of the ways I've gotten around the lack of official costumes for toddlers.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    My method was always to create a costume of whatever I wanted in slot 5 of Party, and then for the Costume tradition, change first into one of the canned costumes then into the designated costume. It's one of the ways I've gotten around the lack of official costumes for toddlers.
    Yeah I put my costumes into a party slot too. It would be nice if they had a costume slot though so we could have other sims turn up in the ones we picked out. I play rotationally so I would love to see all the sims at a party wear a costume I picked even if it’s a costume I made.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I never thought of using the party slot for costumes, that's a great idea!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yeah I put my costumes into a party slot too. It would be nice if they had a costume slot though so we could have other sims turn up in the ones we picked out. I play rotationally so I would love to see all the sims at a party wear a costume I picked even if it’s a costume I made.

Yeah, I'd love a costume slot, access to the career slot without having to remember the cheat, and maybe whatever is used for city living festivals, so I could clean those up appropriately.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    littlemssam has a small mod which adds some more costumes to the seasons holidays. More Costume Options for Wear Costume Holiday
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I put costumes in the only party slot, and now every party is a costume party. Which is kind of how my real life works too. I haven't thrown a non-themed party in... ever.

It does mean the night clubs have a different dress code now, but that actually has become amusing over time so I live with it.