Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's going on with game repair?

I've just tried to repair the game, but where usually it is done in a minute or two, this time it says 'downloading' and an estimated time of 2 and a half hours.
What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Problems with your internet?

Restarted Origin?

Restarted your computer?
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    No to all.
    I've let the repair go ahead.
    I'm assuming there was a lot of repairing needed.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    How does one go about repairing the game? I've seen it talked about, but I don't know how to do it
  • Options
    You open Origin, right click on the picture of your game and repair is one of the options.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Origin was way flakey for me yesterday. I didn't realize it until late in the day, but it was running very hot and using a lot of system resources, causing all sorts of problems with my doing about anything else - except play Sims. When I was done, I had to crash out of Origin and restart my computer.

I'm blaming the transition to the new desktop app, myself.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Susim62 wrote: »
    You open Origin, right click on the picture of your game and repair is one of the options.

Thank you, that's good to know
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I also had trouble repairing my game after downloading the last update and the Star Wars pack. Of course, Origin also updated ... twice! It usually only takes a couple of minutes to update all packs but this time it took all day. I haven't wanted to repair my game since. Fortunately, the game is working great.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have had same issue, no problem with internet, others have had this too, mine took 6 freaking hours to repair the other night, I think I finally tried to play a couple days later want feeling up to it after that, still haven't anymore, 6 hours for a repair, no joke either my husband had to take over and it still was crashing some starting over, had to have Task Manager up and tabbed down but click it every few minutes to make the stupid repair continue. It was not like that before I ended up caving and getting that newest patch, and I don't even have my mods or CC even on the computer, its another game or Origin issue, one or the other. 6 hours 🙄😕
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Susim62 I have this exact problem. At first I thought it might be my internet, but it's surely not. Definitely something up with Origin for sure. I canceled the repair as it was taking hours and it usually takes a few minutes. Hopefully there's a fix soon, it's totally ridiculous
  • Options
    I left mine to repair but when I came back to it, the internet had stopped working and I had an error message.
    I didn't try again but opened the game to find that the latest patch had been installed, which I had been avoiding :| .
    Updated all mods, and everything seems ok so far.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Well, I have been in off line mode for three weeks or so, but today when I tried to load my game Origin pitched a hissy fit, updated itself then updated my game. I guess I was too slow hitting that off line mode button that had, for some reason, been switched back to on line mode. Origin can be such a bully about updating. The updates took about fifteen minutes to complete. I was not happy about the updating part because that meant I had to go through all my mods and update those as well. Grrrrr. But when I did a repair after moving old mods out and new ones in, that process took a full forty minutes. So, yeah, Origin has been in a mood today. Now I have a bunch of houses with CC windows that don't work. Not at all thrilled about that. And the update process for the game was different. It would download for a bit then switch to 'updating files', download a bit more then go back to the updating files part. I have never seen an update do that before.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Susim62 wrote: »
    I've just tried to repair the game, but where usually it is done in a minute or two, this time it says 'downloading' and an estimated time of 2 and a half hours.
    What's going on?

They are currently in the midst of upgrading Origin to their EA App. That could be part of the problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I had updates needed to my OS and after they were done Origin worked fine (but not before . . .)