Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Gallery dead?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    My issue with the gallery is that when you share something, you can't add hashtags once it's out there. I always forget until it's too late.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The Gallery seems very different to me....like its sorted differently or something. Like, when I got to Popular, it used to sort it by the number of likes. & now it's sorted by the number of favorites. So I feel like I'm not seeing everything.....if that makes sense. & when I go to the Simmers that I follow, all of their stuff doesn't show up....just a short list. I have to go and click on their page and then I can see all of their most recent uploads. Very strange.

This might be it. I just don't get the same quality results as I used to. It's 99% cookie cutter content.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Gallery content is the same as it’s ever been as far as I’m concerned. Which is to say it’s still 95% filled with reposts, clones, backups, barely-tries, and sideways poses.

Occasionally I’ll grab a random sim just to use them as genetic stock in CAS.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Kind of proud, one of my friends got featured for her Gallery upload:
    frontpagepatchyfest.JPG
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Scobre That lot is awesome and your friend should be proud.

I imagine the gallery goes through stages like the forum threads do... where some people post a lot for a while and then go do something else and don't add much content. If recent pack releases don't inspire them with the BB or CAS items, the people you follow may just not be in the mood anymore. I still see variety in the sims that show up when I look, but I also don't download sims that are not celebrity recreations. In lots I used to filter by most popular because I never have the latest pack and popular now always featured that content... but after reading this thread I have to rethink that. The only pack I haven't waited for a sale or Christmas/birthday for was Moschino, so I am always behind the curve.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    @Beardedgeek “duck-lipped” 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I haven't been able to figure out the gallery. Like, sometimes it works and other times... I don't know what it's doing.
    For instance, I would search by name and it would tell me that it doesn't exist in the gallery. And of course it would be something common like "Darth Vader" and I know it's in there.

I wish the gallery had a better system to search for things. Maybe a tool to actually narrow down the specific thing you're looking for. Search by username & hashtag/item name would be helpful
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't think so. whenever I use the gallery it always seems like folks are uploading stuff.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I always try to put a new household & new build in the gallery to share with other players. Also, I've seen amazing creative builds & cool households from other players in the gallery.